Take a hike, Ike!

From
    North Carolina

Take a hike, Ike!

Just wanted to let all you guys and gals down in Texas and along the Gulf Coast who are getting hammered by Hurricane Ike that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Its a beast of a storm, so if you've evacuated, hope you can beat the traffic, and if you've stayed home, baton down the hatches and stay safe!

From
    Carrollton, TX

Re: Take a hike, Ike!

I live in Texas and I have no worries, thanks though. Never been hit by a hurricane so I guess I don't really know what to expect : /

Murphoid said: View Post
    Just wanted to let all you guys and gals down in Texas and along the Gulf Coast who are getting hammered by Hurricane Ike that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Its a beast of a storm, so if you've evacuated, hope you can beat the traffic, and if you've stayed home, baton down the hatches and stay safe!
    Thanks man, I'm getting whalloped by the wind because my house is in a direct path of the storm. But, I'm going to stick it out. Good to know that even people who love the cold and ruthless Boba Fett care!

From
    Corpus Christi, TX

Yes good luck to those in Houston/Galveston and the surrounding areas.

We are 200 miles away and we have a 6 foot storm surge

We own a sailboat, and keep it on the north shore of the lake and we had a 6 foot surge.

From
    Orlando, Florida

Best of luck to you all, I'm in Florida and get to hang out with hurricanes almost every year, so I know what your going through. Board up those windows! That is, if you can find wood for purchase. Don't forget the sandbags on the doors!

Speaking of boarding up windows, gulf coast people may want to check this out http://www.smooth-on.com/gallery.php...349&cPath=1275
    Its a more expensive way, but much easier to use come hurricane season when you have to hall plywood and try to hang it. You can make it by using your plywood that has been previously cut out, to make a mold.

From
    Arkansas

We got lots of rain and wind today in south western Arkansas

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Brother is in Texas City and said it was really bad, but he made it. Mom is in Dickinson, same thing there. No one has power.