Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SWTFU

From
    Carrollton, TX

SWTFU

No it doesn't say "stfu" lol it stands for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, what about it you ask? Well for all of you that have an X-box360 or PS3 you can download a playable demo. And now for something completely different...
    montysw.bmp

Re: SWTFU

I've run through the demo several times and it is.....SWEET!

From
    chico, ca

i need to start the download lol. been busy today... and i started playing WoW again ><

From
    San Diego, California

pizzaman24 said: View Post
    i need to start the download lol. been busy today... and i started playing WoW again ><
    I was addicted to WoW for 2 yrs! Will download the PS3 demo tonight!

From
    Carrollton, TX

butterbean said: View Post
    Same here, I love the combat, mixing saber with force powers. I have the game reserved, only problem is I forgot to un-reserve it because I moved to a different city, but this game is worth the hour drive

From
    Parker, Colorado

*grumbles*stupid lucas arts didnt make a PC version

From
    Creve Coeur, IL

butterbean said: View Post
    agreed!

From
    The Netherlands

the demo is sweet!
    how ever i cant help but notice seeing how they have cheated with their enviorments. in the beginning the corridors look sweet nice and dtailed. but when you get to the walkways and the tie's you see very blocky and rushed geometry in the game. not much of a game stopper but i just cant help to notice that. (would be game designers eye i gues :P)

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i'm guessing/hoping that was just something for the demo version and that the finished game will be much more polished. on a side note, i'm going to start work on getting a friend of mine into the apprentices costume. hope to have him troopable by launch.

From
    Norwalk, CT

The demo rocks. I was practically giggling at the abuse I was dishing out. This kind of sums it up...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/8/20/

One more month!

From
    Oakdale, CA

We have a reserve with Game Stop. I am not much of a gamer, but the Hubby can't wait!!

From
    Orlando, Florida

All I gotta say is, Holy ****, the Chicken Walker, Holy ****! This game made me forget about Clone Wars!

From
    Carrollton, TX

askywalker98 said: View Post
    All I gotta say is, Holy ****, the Chicken Walker, Holy ****! This game made me forget about Clone Wars!
    Yeah, same here. I have a feeling though that people are going to rag on the force grip because its not entirely "solid" I mean you can't really aim at what you want to grasp, you have to sort of "point" him in the right direction and hope he targets the item. ie: pulling down the TIE fighters from the ceilings.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Ell oh ell! I love the Monty Python foot.

From
    Covington, La.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the apprentice's name is "Starkiller". If you remember correctly, George Lucas originally named Luke Skywalker's character "Starkiller" before he changed it to Skywalker. What a blast from the past to tie up the loose ends between Episode 3 & 4.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

starkiller is the apprentices call sign. but the name has been used quite a bit. in the beginning there was luke skywalker and his friend anakin starkiller. we all know what happened with that idea. in kotor there was a mando gladiator named bendak starkiller, check his stats in the new kotor sourcebook for the rpg. and now we have vder's agent 'starkiller' the nme has practically gone full circle.

From
    Carrollton, TX

saint_nasty said: View Post
    starkiller is the apprentices call sign. but the name has been used quite a bit. in the beginning there was luke skywalker and his friend anakin starkiller. we all know what happened with that idea. in kotor there was a mando gladiator named bendak starkiller, check his stats in the new kotor sourcebook for the rpg. and now we have vder's agent 'starkiller' the nme has practically gone full circle.
    I thought there was some connection between the apprentice and Bendak from the KOTOR series. Lol, so confusing.

From
    Irvine, CA

The demo was alright, but it was kind of boring and the force grip/throw was very difficult to use.

I've played through multiple times now, and even the short demo isn't getting old. The control takes a bit of practice, but its really rewarding to figure out all the ways to blow stuff up!

so, i killed all but 1 of the stormies in the TIE hangar.

then i pulled down the TIE bomber, and whacked him with it. over. and over. and over.

From
    Carrollton, TX

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    so, i killed all but 1 of the stormies in the TIE hangar.

then i pulled down the TIE bomber, and whacked him with it. over. and over. and over.

Awesome, I would wait for the lift to bring up like about 7 or 8 and throw a TIE at them to take em all out at once

From
    Orlando, Florida

I don't get the foot stepping on the game in the first post. Could someone explain that for me? Reminds me of Monty Python or something...

I thought the controls were very easy to get the hang of. Granted it will take a bit to master, but it's really easy to pick up the game and start chucking troopers down the halls!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

saint_nasty said: View Post
    Ribdo said: View Post
    I thought there was some connection between the apprentice and Bendak from the KOTOR series. Lol, so confusing.
    wow, i just realized the difficulty i was having with the letter "A" in that previous post. it was like my left pinky finger didn't believe it was there or something. but anyway, i'm reading the book right now, i'm pretty sure that at some point they tell starkillers real name, and i've seen it leaked online already too. if there are no objections i'll post it when i get there in the book.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

I am having SOOO much fun with this demo. I keep playing through it and discovering new moves and combos. I LOVE grabbing people!

From
    Carrollton, TX

askywalker98 said: View Post
    I don't get the foot stepping on the game in the first post. Could someone explain that for me? Reminds me of Monty Python or something...

I thought the controls were very easy to get the hang of. Granted it will take a bit to master, but it's really easy to pick up the game and start chucking troopers down the halls!
    It is the Monty foot, I didn't know how else to end it so i slapped "And now for something completely different" and the Monty foot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rutX0I6NxU