Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:13 AM - SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #1

These pics became available due to the Jeremy Bulloch project and have finally been made available to you guys thanks to SpideyFett, Philip Wise and Official Pix! This is one of the best pics I have seen of the ESB jet pack and shows details of the weathering that I hadn't seen previously! Enjoy and a huge thanks to those who made these available!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jb_project_01.jpg 
Views:	2082 
Size:	831.5 KB 
ID:	27449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jb_project_03.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	995.7 KB 
ID:	27451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jb_project_02.jpg 
Views:	1679 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	27452  

2. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:17 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #2

If you use these pics, please give Official PIX all the credit...thank you.

Again, Special thanks to Ben Stevens and Philip Wise at Official Pix for there efforts to help make these available. As this should help solve this Fett Mystery.

Please notice that there are allot of details that are in these pics that AREN'T in the Screen Shots....Example: the Gray Cape Shoulder Stud.

ENJOY EVERYONE.

Alex
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Sep 20, 2008 at 10:03 AM.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:18 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #3

Wow! Thanks, those are some nice reference pictures.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:21 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #4

Stunning! Thank you all for sharing.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:24 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #5

WOW... Just WOW..

So much detail.. can't focus...

So first thing I found interesting (since it's what I'm currently focused on anyway…) . Check out the buttons on the Left Gaunt calc pad. Look like I've got a little update. I thought there was only ONE column of red buttons... Clearly, there are 2 red, 2 blue, 1 silver.
  6. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:25 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #6

A-W-E-S-O-M-E just WOW! Thank you very much Official Pix and TDH!
  7. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:28 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #7

Quote Darth_Nickel said: View Post
    So first thing I found interesting (since it's what I'm currently focused on anyway…) . Check out the buttons on the Left Gaunt calc pad. Look like I've got a little update. I thought there was only ONE column of red buttons... Clearly, there are 2 red, 2 blue, 1 silver.
    • Yup.. and the Rub-on transfers on the Rocketpack white detail...upside down E's and H. ..
    • Paint sheme is probably a silver base and wet sanded and weathered.
    • and there's that little nob next to the stablizer too...it shows up again

If you use these pics, please give Official PIX all the credit...thank you.
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Sep 19, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
  8. Sep 19, 2008, 11:28 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #8

Thanks for these! Super imrpessive! Thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett, you guys rock!
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:29 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #9

Anther piece I've never seen before (or perhaps better word - noticed)

What's the black cord on the back coming from under the JP over the back of the girth?
  10. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:30 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #10

Anther piece I've never seen before (or perhaps better word - noticed)

What's the black cord on the back coming from under the JP over the back of the girth?
    i think it means the "ROCKETPACK" is functional ....thoughts?
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:31 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #11

SWEET!! Looks like an additional detail on the WHITE JetPack decal as well that I didn't notice.

i'll have to update my decal as well. Thanks Art, thanks Spidey.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:34 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #12

Quote Spideyfett said: View Post

Can't comprehend.... This is VERY interesting indeed.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:40 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #13

Another thought as I continue to drool...

Check out the knobs on the JP thrusters. If I didn't know better, I would say they are metal....multiple pieces of metal... Almost like a axel, wheel and hub…

Perhaps there is some function to it. Perhaps for positioning on camera?

Perhaps some remote onscreen movements...

Now I'm just getting crazy
  14. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:47 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #14

Finally.

now let's compare the Jet Pack shot with the Jeremy Bulloch project pack

Last edited by slave1pilot; Sep 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:51 AM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #15

Amazing! Awesome! Thanks to everyone who had a hand in finally making these available!:thumbup
  16. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:00 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #16

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    Finally.

now let's compare the Jet Pack shot with the Jeremy Bulloch project pack

ehh, I've seen better...

kiddin Nate.
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Sep 19, 2008 at 12:13 PM.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:11 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #17

*Drool drool drool*

These pictures are great!
    but I think we will never know ALL of Boba's mysteries hehe, the whole costume is just as mysterious as Boba himself.
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:15 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #18

Check out the knobs on the JP thrusters. If I didn't know better, I would say they are metal....multiple pieces of metal... Almost like a axel, wheel and hub…
    The piece are definitely metal. You can see it better on other packs. However, they appear to be one piece, more like a pulley wheel.

Name:	thruster.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	418.4 KB 
ID:	27453  
  19. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:20 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #19

"Functional" can mean a lot of things. I think all the packs are "functional" to a degree. Sadly, I think 90% of their functionality was to power other parts of the suit that ended up not being used, like the gauntlets. As far as how functional the jet packs were themselves? We know the one shot smoke; we also know that several of the others didn't (solid thrusters). We know that one had the expanding grappling hook mechanism in the rocket tip; we also know that most of the rest didn't (solid resin rocket tip). Beyond that and the lighting beacon... I seriously doubt they had a lot of functionality. I definitely don't think they had anything like antimatronic thrusters.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:22 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #20

So sick! Thanks Spidey!!!
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:26 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #21

Thanks for finally getting these pictures out to the public! These might actually help us to figure out the ESB costume once and for all!

-Ryan
  22. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:30 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #22

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    "Functional" can mean a lot of things. I think all the packs are "functional" to a degree. Sadly, I think 90% of their functionality was to power other parts of the suit that ended up not being used, like the gauntlets. As far as how functional the jet packs were themselves? We know the one shot smoke; we also know that several of the others didn't (solid thrusters). We know that one had the expanding grappling hook mechanism in the rocket tip; we also know that most of the rest didn't (solid resin rocket tip). Beyond that and the lighting beacon... I seriously doubt they had a lot of functionality. I definitely don't think they had anything like antimatronic thrusters.
    all I know is, Jeremy, who is in these shots, had a serious Wedge... LOL!

and by "fuctional" I mean it had some purpose.... now for what exactly?? who knows?

I think a comparison shot of the back that we've all seen and the this new back shot, shows that the Black Cord sticking out was just tucked away from one frame to the next..... can you post a comparison shot of the two Art??
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Sep 19, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:38 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #23

These pics are friggin awesome, thanks for sharing, Art.

G-Fett
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:44 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #24

I say old been...
    I wanted to say something stronger but can't...

These are great ref material for us ESB's to help strive a little closer to perfection (goes back to the spray booth)

I personally would like to thank Philip Wise @ Official Pix, Alex & Art for giving us some really great shots of this particular costume! :thumbup thank you!
  25. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:44 PM - Re: SWEET ESB Images thanks to Official Pix and SpideyFett #25

and by "fuctional" I mean it had some purpose.... now for what exactly?? who knows?

..... can you post a comparison shot of the two Art??
    Definitely agree with your definition of functional. I do believe those hoses were meant for a practical, not aesthetic purpose.

Name:	back_compare.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	27456