Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SW Celebration VI

I was prayin for Las Vegas.

Why does everyone always feel it should be on the East coast or in the Midwest? Because y'all are closer,
    that's why :tongue

Geezus, Florida again? Whatever. I'd like to waterboard the the idiot who thought the first time, that Florida in August, for the hottest costumes on the planet, was a good idea. But twice in a row? That's just a Capitol offense to me.

George needs a checkup, from the neckup, allowing people in his employ like that. It's all about the $$$, as is very clear with his "prequel" bs. Florida is hurting for tourist's? Epcot, Disney ? Yah. Poor souls. They had the most money to offer the venue. It's a safe bet that ALL Celebrations will be held there now lol

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: SW Celebration VI

They probably already had a deal worked out for the convention to be there again with disney there and the whole new star tours opening theres definitely a conspiracy

Ugh, Orlando... I wore my TIE last time and thank God the TIE helmet has a large opening! Not even wearing a suit was brutal. Looks like sweat city once again

From
    Tokyo

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Man last year it was soooo hot walking around the building in my Fett...Im pretty sure if your 501st theres a changing room you can get in to tote your stuff around in
    Last time the 501st didn't have a changing room. If you were an official volunteer you could use their changing room.

That's what I'm talkin 'bout

They probably already had a deal worked out for the convention to be there again with disney there and the whole new star tours opening theres definitely a conspiracy

mandosoldier said: View Post
    not only is it in FL, if this was over a weekend I MIGHT be able to go if I could get a ride and share a room, but it's Tues - Fri, *** is up with that? Now I for SURE can't go because my college will be in full swing. and I have classes Mon - Thur. I'd love to dropkick GL in the face right now.

@ Fett4Real, take care man, I got back last year and have a few friends who I was with over there again right now. Keep safe. Once you're there let me know your addie and will see about getting you some packages and stuff.
    I think you're looking at 2011 bud

I feel it should be midwest cause then it's equal travel distance from everywhere. and plus the coasts and south have ALL the big cons, SW weekends, dragon con, nycc, sdcc. I never get to hit anything big cause my fund are tight and I have family and college duties. and just found out that yeah I was thinking 2011, but even with 2012 I STILL won't get to go, cause our family vacation is down there earlier in the year, so I still won't be able to make the trek.

Aside from the heat I thought Orlando was great. And I was only in the heat for about 5 minutes each way between hotel and con.

I've booked my hotel rooms and con tickets already. No flights yet... still too early there. Probably deal with that come Januaryish.

From
    USAF Utah

There were a few good hotels right around the corner, Ponte took the bus from his hotel in his boba that was interesting

From
    Orlando, Florida, United States

If any of you are coming to Orlando hit me up on hotel rates. I have many friends that work in the industry here so let me know if you are looking for something close to the convention center or disney and your price range per night and I can probably recommend a place. I might even be able to set you up discounts if a bunch of you want to stay at the same place.

I think there is a hotel that is doing a 65 a night for the convention

From
    Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada

i'm going 100% for sure =) already bought my ticket and booked my hotel

hope to see some of you there

C

hey guys! to anyone in the new york New jersey area. I'm planning a roadtrip to celebration leaving tuesday night the 21st 2012. anybody interested in going in a convoy? Multiple card drivin down? I have a facebook page called star wars celebration VI orlando or bust let me know!

From
    madison,ms.

Booked my room. Rosen plaza. .1 miles away. $99 a night. See u guys there. I'll be in the Boba costume sweating my butt off. Lol.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

I missed the last Celebration and I will not miss this one. So happened that we decided to close down our company during that time and life was in total disarray. I would have rather been in Olrlando than boxing up stuff and messing around with storage units and getting chewed out by a sharp as a tack 72 year old former Marine and now former boss after 20 years of servitude. Would do it all over again. Plus weddings that year, I was in three weddings last year, not including the previous 3 since 2006 and the one from two weekends ago. It's surprising how weddings will bankrupt yo' rear when you are a groomsman like all the time! So in 2012 I will be bringing three costumes, my snow clone commander, a new custom clone I named Commander Tyyrel of the I.S.P. and, hopefully, a completed Super Trooper! P90X reboot activate!
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Jun 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM.

From
    Newport News, VA

Mullreel said: View Post
    That happens to be on my birthday......maybe the wife will give me a really nice birthday gift.
    The first day of C VI is my b-day. Not sure if I'll be able to go, but it would be a great present!

anyone wanna get paid $100 per star wars celebrity bound and brought to my house so I can get some autographs?

From
    USAF Utah

That is unfortunately the going rate for their autographs

From
    Orlando, Florida, United States

So I was talkin to my friends, the higher ups that do the bookings over at the at the convention center today. Looks like not only the next one in 2012 will be in Orlando but the following convention VII as well.

From
    USAF Utah

Well at least Ill make it to 7...not sure if its worth a $1300 plane ticket to come home on leave for it I WANT to but not sure if I should do it...Id have to have at least a week to throw a Fett together as well

Jimmy BufFett and I are booked for the Rosen Center. We will be driving from Arizona again pulling around 20 armor tubs!

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Well at least Ill make it to 7...not sure if its worth a $1300 plane ticket to come home on leave for it I WANT to but not sure if I should do it...Id have to have at least a week to throw a Fett together as well
    I thought you had a ROTJ Fett?... I thought remember you talking to Art in costume at CV?

From
    USAF Utah

clonecollector said: View Post
    I thought you had a ROTJ Fett?... I thought remember you talking to Art in costume at CV?
    Sold my ROTJ Fett to start over and have better quality overall with all the new things that have come out IE the GMH, BFUK's V2 pack etc

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Sold my ROTJ Fett to start over and have better quality overall with all the new things that have come out IE the GMH, BFUK's V2 pack etc
    Got it... I remember it looked good and that you were talking about the helmet with Art... at least I think it was you. I didn't want to interrupt. I wasn't in my ESB that day because I only wore it the first day of CV.

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

firstsonofsolo said: View Post
    Jimmy BufFett and I are booked for the Rosen Center. We will be driving from Arizona again pulling around 20 armor tubs!
    Well that will save me a hike when I'm going back to my hotel room at four in the morning after hanging out with you and Scott.