Subscribe
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:00 PM - a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #1

Well, tonight I came home from visiting family out of town and find a box about 18" long, 16" wide, and 6" thick.....

I slit the tape and open it to find this little beauty:

I couldn't help it and suited up in a quick way:

I'm trying to decide between with or without the emblem:

And jsut for the drooling masses:

I'm going to go either full 89, full 92, or a hybrid... this will be the most likely route.... as I only have a 89 emblem on-hand...

I'm talking to a guy about a 89 cowl, so....

I'm leaning toward 92, but the 89 still looks much more organic....
    I'll probably end up with both eventually, so I guess it doesn't matter which one I do first, eh?

Just wanted to share what I got through the generousity of a BOTB member... thanks, bro, you know who you are.
    ZK
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:09 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #2

Nice, just don't go near it with those scissors!!!! Any update on the Begins Cowl?
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:20 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #3

not yet... waiting on some fundage to come in to ship it out with a little extra for the guy's trouble.
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:23 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #4

"without" the emblem
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:24 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #5

In my opinion, it ain't Batman without the chest crest. Looks like your suit is coming together well.
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:25 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #6

I've been looking at other suits and I can make it so the emblem can be removed.... I can wear the suit with or without it.

Gonna wait until after I get a cowl, tho....
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:48 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #7

Awsome man! Love seeing your Bat projects! You've come very far! I've never payed much mind to it, but man, I like the look of that chest peice.....That'd make an awsome costume of some EU mando or something. I'm scheming of fantasy wars right about now. Anyway, that'd be cool to be able to remove it,etc. Keep up the awsome progress!
    Apr 8, 2008, 6:58 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #8

Jodo, one of these days you should make the run up north to the Elgin prop party... I've never been there, but I'm sure we'd get a kick out of it.

As long as I brought it up... when is the next prop party scheduled? I'm going to see if I can talk a friend into going....
    Apr 9, 2008, 10:15 AM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #9

I'd love to go to a prop party, I think theres going to be one in Indianapolis here shortly, or mabey its already been....Can't recall.
    May 13, 2008, 11:50 AM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #10

Been out for a bit... nothing of interest to post, really.... well... except for this:

had an event on saturday, but I didn't get any pics... well.... one, but it's not supposed to be released until the paper comes out
    May 15, 2008, 4:16 AM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #11

Very nice suit bro! That chest piece rocks! 8) Although you should look into making some thigh armor, maybe from foamies then plasti-dipped? It would fill out the look a bit more.

I've been in a Bat-mood myself, and been working on a Joker costume. If we ever meet up, we can have an epic comic-battle. I'll bring the sound-effect bubbles.
    May 15, 2008, 1:23 PM - Re: a step in the right direction with the batsuit... #12

The legs will be there eventually..... I cheated and used rollerblade kneepads when I took this out.... worked quite well, actually.

I have the new emblem attached:

and for reference, there is a Joker in the area

if you're ever in the chicago area.... I'm like 90 minutes NW of there, so gimme a shoutout.