Subscribe
    Jun 14, 2010, 10:54 PM - Star Wars weekends at Disney #1

I just got back from DisneyWorld and had the opportunity to attend the Star Wars weekends. I have to say that there was lot of fun just in seeing the costumes and letting my little girls get autographs from the characters. Some of the costumes were absolutely amazing, others were really good and I could see where they had to adjust for the heat and humidity.

The Aurra Sing that was roaming around was simply great. She would sign an autograph but you had to earn it. I saw both Aurra Sing and Asajj Ventress make kids cry by staring them down. But even when a kid lost it they never broke character. The Darth Maul and Chewbacca were both spot on also. Ashoka Tano looked like she was straight out of the cartoon and sounded like her too. Ashoka was very popular with everyone not just the little girls, which suprised me a bit.

I was a bit dissappointed with Boba and Jango, I think my bar was set really high from seeing all of the greatness on this forum. Don't get me wrong they were good but I was wanting perfect. I will try to post pictures of some of the costumes when I get around to downloading them.

The stormtroopers were also spot on but the clone troopers looked a bit oversized and bulky to me. The clones were good but just not as thin looking as I expected.
    Jun 14, 2010, 11:26 PM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #2

I hope Chewie had a fan in that head-piece!
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jun 15, 2010, 12:14 AM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #3

My wife got to go and she isnt a fan of star wars. I am. But well someone had to still work! man i'm so frikin jealous of her! arghghhhhhhhhhh
    Jun 16, 2010, 6:38 AM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #4

They were switching out the Chewbaccas about every 15 minutes. I don't know if they had two or three back there but it looked brutal to be standing out in that heat with that much insulation on. Each time a new ewok came out with him also. I know they had at least 3 ewoks.
  5. HMPOTC33 is offline HMPOTC33
    Jun 16, 2010, 2:08 PM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #5

Try standing out there with your full Fett on. It definetly isn't a picnic and a lot more to "undress" than the giant hampster is
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jun 16, 2010, 4:43 PM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #6

oh its definitely no picnic we all know that. It gets hot just standing in your house lol. Which is why i always go to the freezer section of grocery stores hahah
    Jun 16, 2010, 4:56 PM - Re: Star Wars weekends at Disney #7

They had all of the characters on a pretty tight schedule to keep them rotated and cooled off. The only character that stayed out for any length of time that I saw as Aurra Sing, and she just roamed the crowd. Some of the autograph locations were right out in the sun with no protection. At least Chewie was in some trees and out of the sun.

Boba and Jango were out in the sun and had direct afternoon sun shining on thier location.