Although I had originally planned to open the site on Monday, I thought it might be smarter to take advantage of the holiday weekend and open early.
For those who don't know, I started a new website called Star Wars Propaganda.
It is a fan site dedicated to the research, discussion, and celebration of Star Wars props & wardrobe.
The site to bookmark is:
The front page is a randomly rotating page that features props by myself as well as other members. Click on the 'more propaganda' link to randomly cycle through all the different pages. As more people submit props, the number of different front pages will grow.
Star Wars Propaganda is comprised of two main areas:
1. my personal gallery
2. discussion forums
1. Star Wars Proparchive: my personal gallery
For years I've posted photos of my collection on different prop forums whenever I had something new to show, or made new progress on an ongoing project. The problem is that once the thread ran its course, it would end up on some distant page never to be seen again.
I knew the answer was to create an online gallery where it could be consolidated and easily accessible for everyone including non-prop forum based people. Finally after years of prodding from some friends, I decided to take the plunge.
It features photos from my collection as well as a written history documenting various aspects of the original screen used item, as well as insight into the creation and specific features of my own personal pieces.
The gallery is fluid in that it will constantly be updated with new pics and updated commentary.
2. Discussion Forums
The Star Wars Propaganda Forums are there for discussing Star Wars props, wardrobe, model, and set pieces. Whether they be conceptual, screen used, production made, or replica, all are welcome there.
The tone of discussion is one that is more grounded in facts and perspectives based on the original film productions.
What makes this forum unique?
1. This forum is dedicated to Star Wars related items only. Come here to see the latest and greatest in Star Wars props without any other franchise discussion cluttering up the place!
2. Attaining accurate information, accurate history, and screen accurate pieces is what we're all about.
3. The foundation of this board's membership consists of some of the most knowledgeable Star Wars collectors and talented artisans in the hobby. If you have a tough question about a Star Wars piece, someone here is bound to know the answer.
4. I encourage open discussion, dissenting voices, and alternative perspectives, all without fear of reprisal for expressing them.
5. Civility is encouraged, but certainly not a requisite. Sometimes, you need to call a spade a spade. We're all adults here.
6. Autocratic Administration; just one Admin, no moderators, and virtually no moderating. For the most part, there will only intervention if a specific rule is broken in the Code of Conduct.
So if you are serious about mixing with other Star Wars accuracy fanatics like myself, then this is the place for you.
Stop by and let me know what you think. Anyone can view the gallery, but you'll have to register to gain access to the discussion forums.
Thanks for looking,