Star Wars Movie Posters

From
    Pennsville, New Jersey

Star Wars Movie Posters

I recently purchased a set of six movie posters from each of the Star Wars movies on Amazon.com and I had a question. I'm obviously planning on framing them so I was wondering if any of you knows the average size of a movie poster? I know they are bigger than regular ones, but I can't get an accurate measurement without at least another person there with me to hold it down, and even then that's too much of a pain. If you guys could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Star Wars Movie Posters

most movie 1-sheet posters are 27x40"

i found at walmart a collage frame that's the same size for $20. take out the pre-cut cardboard frame think and you have yourself a nice movie poster frame. i've got two hanging in my living room right now, one for Aliens and one for Pirates: Stagnetti's Revenge. i'm planning on getting a third for Superman Returns

From
    Pennsville, New Jersey

Cool, thanks. Not including those six I purchased recently, I've got about seven other Star Wars posters, of which two are technically paintings that I purchased at Blockbuster (which are pretty cool) and two others I framed with relatively cheap frames from Wal-Mart. They were about nine dollars each and they're pretty basic. I do want better frames for the actual movie posters though, so I'll see what they have.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

you may want to double check the auction first, just to make sure you are getting 1-sheet posters and not commercial posters. commercial posters are the kind you can get at walmart and they're only 24x36, and no where near as impressive.

Account Deactivated The Sniffer's Avatar
    From
    Atlanta, Georgia

saint_nasty said: View Post
    you may want to double check the auction first, just to make sure you are getting 1-sheet posters and not commercial posters. commercial posters are the kind you can get at walmart and they're only 24x36, and no where near as impressive.
    Take it from St. Nasty man himself. And keep on Sniffing!

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

most movie 1-sheet posters are 27x40"

i found at walmart a collage frame that's the same size for $20. take out the pre-cut cardboard frame think and you have yourself a nice movie poster frame.
    Thats exactly what I did for my 3 OT SW posters.

From
    Pennsville, New Jersey

They already came in a week or so ago, and they are 1-sheet posters, and not the commercial ones. I can't wait to get them into frames and hang them so I can show them in the Collection thread.