Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Mar 12, 2009, 8:22 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #26

Maybe im wrong but, I thought i read when they announced this a few years ago it was aimed at the tweens.
    With the main characters being around 11 to 15 or so.
    Mar 13, 2009, 1:00 AM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #27

Quote mandosoldier said: View Post
    I'd actually like to see Daniel Logan get the part even if they don't show his face

Quote Bubba Fett said: View Post
    I asked Daniel Logan about this recently and he said it's just rumors and he is not cast in the role. That said he could be under an NDA with LFL and not be able to talk about it. Though several others have...
    at his table at WonderCon I believe it said on his bio "..and Upcoming Star Wars TV series"

that same thing is listed under his picture in the flyers that were handed out for Sacramento's Convention in September
    Mar 13, 2009, 6:52 AM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #28

I'd lay odds that they changed the suit components too ( shape of armor, ect) for the new show. It will be interesting to see all the Fett Makers scrambling to make all the new goodies

Logan told me he WAS going to be in it. That was last April though. Maybe he was just being hopeful

FP
    Mar 13, 2009, 1:19 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #29

Quote gbeef said: View Post
    CGI is a the point where they could make a whole movie in CGI and forget live acting. But overall the script is gonna make it or break it.

Most of the really good CGI has live actors driving the animation. It's more of an illusion. I still prefer the smell of real blood with some graphic touchup/enhancement.
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Mar 13, 2009, 2:14 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #30

I wish that CG would just go away when it comes to Star Wars. Watch the original trilogy, and the effects there were fantastic; Computer Generated Imagery isn't necessary.
    Mar 13, 2009, 2:20 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #31

I might be wrong but I'm sure that having to use motion capture, and CGI for characters adds a great deal of time to the production of a show and tends to be why you get films with top notch CGI effects and TV shows with awful (by comparison) CGI effects.
    It makes more sense for a TV show to film live action unless the character is so far from the normal that an actor couldn't do it - then there's always the option of top quality puppetry - look at Farscape, love it or loath it the puppets used for a number of the characters where far more "real" then the CGI characters from the Star Wars prequals. Given the top notch quality costumes we, the uber-fans; make, I'm sure that Lucasfilm could do (almost ) as good, if not better for a weekly show.

As to Boba, it is possible to focus on one character in a film or show, and still keep the character mysterious - look at Clint Eastwoods character in the Spaghetti Westerns. So they may be able to show Boba without loosing the attitude and coolness that we all love.
    Mar 13, 2009, 4:55 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #32

If they ever did a live action show and used FX trooper armor, I would set my entire SW collection on fire.

Mar 13, 2009, 5:31 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #33

What if they used the Holiday Special look for Boba?
    George probably wouldn't be too pleased
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Mar 13, 2009, 9:17 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #34

Quote Gino said: View Post
    If they ever did a live action show and used FX trooper armor, I would set my entire SW collection on fire.

You too? haha
    Mar 13, 2009, 10:45 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #35

Quote Sareth Dorn said: View Post
    What if they used the Holiday Special look for Boba?
    George probably wouldn't be too pleased
    Well they could use it if they used Sven's Holiday Fett, it is BEAUTIFUL Look>>>>>http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=28623
    Mar 13, 2009, 10:52 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #36

Quote Gino said: View Post

I would set myself on fire.
    Mar 17, 2009, 11:12 AM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #37

Mar 17, 2009, 2:49 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #38

I love the first comment made by someone in that link. He sure expressed his opionion on us.
    Mar 17, 2009, 3:01 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #39

If I remember correctly I remember an interview with lucas where he said he wanted to explore the stories of the background characters. Boba being one of them.
    Mar 17, 2009, 4:59 PM - Re: Star Wars Live Action with Fett:) there is a God #40

Quote TR 4059 said: View Post
    I love the first comment made by someone in that link. He sure expressed his opionion on us.
    Yeah, funny that someone who hates SW would use a "Darth" screen name...