Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 25, 2008, 10:26 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #76

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

More, more!
    Oct 25, 2008, 11:15 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #77

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a great time, I want to see more.
    Oct 25, 2008, 11:52 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #78

There will be more! I'll be posting pics as soon as I get home on Monday.

Many thanks to Alex, Eric, Jason, Matt and others who lent a hand! Schwartz and I were definitely drawing our crowds and making the kids happy. And I'm proud to announce that I was able to represent by taking 1st place in the Adult Male category of the costume contest! That speaks volumes about just how much fans and hobbyists like myself are able to accomplish with the help of our peers on this board. Beating Darth Vader (and Chef Vader!) never felt so good.

Pics to come!

-Chris
    Oct 26, 2008, 12:08 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #79

Quote Madmartigan said: View Post
    . . .that I was able to represent by taking 1st place in the Adult Male category of the costume contest! . . .
    -Chris
    Woohoo!!! Go, Chris! That's awesome.
  5. Oct 26, 2008, 9:53 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #80

It was great seeing y'all yesterday, even if the whole 9am-to-help-set-up thing didn't happen on my end. (Really good absinthe + lack of sleep = no early mornings for me. Oops?)

Congrats on the win, Madmartigan!
    Oct 26, 2008, 10:01 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #81

Quote StormtrooperPrincess said: View Post
    Congrats on the win, Madmartigan!
    Thanks!! Umm...did I meet you either before or after suiting up?? I don't remember. Did you come in costume?
    Oct 27, 2008, 9:41 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #82

Okay, I am completely bummed. I could only make it down for Sunday and I was REALLY depressed that there was NO, I MEAN NO TDH members running around. There was no table, no display, no nothing. I brought my jet pack in and roamed around with it in its case for an hour looking for some brothren and found NOTHING!!! I was so pumped to meet some of you guys there (including folks from OK) but instead got to walk the convention for two hours, get my autographs, buy a fett figure, had my son get his lid signed by all the artists, go to BJ's for an overpriced lunch then drive the lonely 3 hours back to OKC.
  8. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Oct 27, 2008, 10:31 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #83

Quote Boomer Fett said: View Post
    Okay, I am completely bummed. I could only make it down for Sunday and I was REALLY depressed that there was NO, I MEAN NO TDH members running around. There was no table, no display, no nothing. I brought my jet pack in and roamed around with it in its case for an hour looking for some brothren and found NOTHING!!! I was so pumped to meet some of you guys there (including folks from OK) but instead got to walk the convention for two hours, get my autographs, buy a fett figure, had my son get his lid signed by all the artists, go to BJ's for an overpriced lunch then drive the lonely 3 hours back to OKC.
    ..that sucks...sorry we missed you... but most of the board members in this area here live about 45minutes away from Plano...so we always only plan for one day, and Saturday is normally the best day.

I will post pictures tonight..
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Oct 27, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
    Oct 27, 2008, 10:58 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #84

I was actually there on Sunday but had forgotten to bring a shirt on Saturday to wear under my armor -- so I ended up wearing my TDH shirt then. I thought I would be tempting the BO Gods wearing it again on Sunday.

If you happened to wander by the Hasbro Millennium Falcon display near registration, you might have seen me on Sunday trying to get people to take a survey on their cell phones to win one. I was wearing a green long sleeve shirt...

Sorry I missed you, bud!!

-Chris
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:03 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #85

Man!!! I even have pics of it but I never saw YOU!!!! GRRRR We need a hand signal or something!!!
    Quote Madmartigan said: View Post
    I was actually there on Sunday but had forgotten to bring a shirt on Saturday to wear under my armor -- so I ended up wearing my TDH shirt then. I thought I would be tempting the BO Gods wearing it again on Sunday.

If you happened to wander by the Hasbro Millennium Falcon display near registration, you might have seen me on Sunday trying to get people to take a survey on their cell phones to win one. I was wearing a green long sleeve shirt...

Sorry I missed you, bud!!

-Chris
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:07 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #86

It was great to meet all you guys, I had a complete blast! Everyone looked amazing at the show. Spideyfett, your daughter was one of the highlights, great job man! I will have some pics posted soon as well.

G-Fett
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:10 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #87

Quote Studio Fett said: View Post
    It was great to meet all you guys, I had a complete blast! Everyone looked amazing at the show. Spideyfett, your daughter was one of the highlights, great job man! I will have some pics posted soon as well.

G-Fett
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Nice to meet you...blech!!!! (TOTALLY JEALOUS)
  13. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:17 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #88

G-Fett
    Was great to finally met all of Guys too...

and thanks StudioFett, my daughter had a blast....hard to believe it was also her first Con and her First Costume... my little pro:o...LOL!
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:21 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #89

What a sour puss, you Okies are a bunch of babies! Your just sore cuz Texas kicked OU's butt, that's all it is!!!

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Nice to meet you...blech!!!! (TOTALLY JEALOUS)
    Last edited by Studio Fett; Oct 27, 2008 at 1:32 PM.
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:39 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #90

Members of TDH, you don't know that far I am at this time, and I also eat up I would like to be able to help in everything, but I am in the end of the world, to the SOUTH - ARGENTINEAN and regrettably I won't be able to arrive on time, I wait that in future not very distant I can know them in person to all you and to make my fantasy becomes in fact, a strong hug to all and I hope you enjoy.
    Please continue sending pictures - Thanks a lot
  16. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:44 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #91

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...14a85f879.html

Here's the Dallasmorning News Article/video... I think that's Womo with his R2 and Shwartz in his ROTJ Fett..
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Oct 27, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:49 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #92

Quote Spideyfett said: View Post
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...14a85f879.html

Here's the Dallasmorning News Article/video... I think that's Womo with is R2 and Shwartz in his ROTJ Fett..

Nice r2...when it works
    Oct 27, 2008, 11:52 AM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #93

Okay, after watching that...Sunday REALLY BLEW CHUNKS!!! There was two costumes there. Darth Maul and a Stormy!!! I really should have been there on Sat!!!
    Oct 27, 2008, 12:02 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #94

What a sour puss, you Okies are a bunch of babies! Your just sore cuz Texas kicked our butts, that's all it is!!!
    Yeah Baby!

Here's the Dallasmorning News Article/video... I think that's Womo with is R2 and Shwartz in his ROTJ Fett..
    My first troop and I made the local channel 8...that Rocks.

Boomer, I'm sorry we missed you. For all the area Fetts, yes that includes the Okies , we need to plan a TDH takeover of All-Con in Dallas in March. That 3 day con will give us more time to get together and play as the list of attending TDHers is already bigger than Fan Days was.

My family and I had a blast. My Fett quality (yes, there's still things to work on ) and getting it done in time only happened through the generosity and talent of Evan4218 and Batninja. Justin helped me, while sick, Friday night put armor together and worked with me until midnight until I went hope and continued to work until 3:15am. Eric assisted me with his elite sewing skills and techniques as well as passing on some experience tips for a Fett newbie. There's many more to thank and I will do that in a showoff thread later after I do some more (perfectionist) work. Also a big thank you to all TDH members present for making Swartzy (Cari) and I feel so welcome and confident in my first Fett troop.
    Oct 27, 2008, 1:34 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #95

Chris, I didn't realize you were one of the Fett's, dang! I woulda liked to talk to ya! You & Schwartz both looked amazing! Which one of you was the taller one?

G-Fett
    Oct 27, 2008, 1:41 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #96

I was assisting one of the star wars artists (Paul Allan Ballard) in the exhibit hall and I didn't get to check out the TDH table Saturday. I didn't realize it was only going to be set up Saturday either so I missed out.

It was a great Con though, so many enthusiastic fans and the artists were treated really well.

I did get to meet Spideyfett and Darthmiller Saturday night which was fantastic
    Oct 27, 2008, 1:51 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #97

looks like a great time. i'm glad to see ashley eckstein and matt wood out there representing the clone wars!
    Oct 27, 2008, 1:55 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #98

You & Schwartz both looked amazing! Which one of you was the taller one?

G-Fett

Chris was SE and I was ROTJ if that helps...

I guess we'll have to check the pics Alex took to see who was taller.
    Oct 27, 2008, 2:06 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #99

G-Fett

Good to see you too! And I am going to be pm'ing you sometime to get a print! You do some awesome work!!
    Oct 27, 2008, 3:32 PM - Re: STAR WARS FAN DAYS II in Dallas Texas #100

Well, just so you know I was there folks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-1168-jpg