Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 12, 2011, 3:48 AM - Star Wars books #1

Curious as to what Star Wars books have read and what their favorite are. I never really read any before besides many years ago The Bounty Hunter Wars series which I may just reread.

What do you consider must reads? or what are your favorites please share.
    Mar 12, 2011, 7:09 AM - Re: Star Wars books #2

I must admit i haven't read many SW books. I read a lot of novels but not too many SW ones. Two that I have read though are 'Shadows of the Empire' and 'Death Troopers'.
    Both are excellent and imo add a lot to the SW mythos. Shadows fills the gap between ESB and ROTJ and introdues some excellent new characters. Death Troopers on the other hand is really different from anything else I've seen set in the SW universe. It's basically a zombie horror novel set on an abandoned Star Destroyer and prison barge. Excellent book.
    Mar 12, 2011, 7:15 AM - Re: Star Wars books #3

The Republic Commando series is a must read. And I think anybody on this forum will agree with me on that. It will keep you busy for a while, there are five books.
    Mar 12, 2011, 7:21 AM - Re: Star Wars books #4

I read all of the time. I can honestly say that I have read 95% of all of the Star Wars books that have been published. I recommend....

Tales of Jabbas Palace
    Tales of Mos Eisley Cantina
    I Jedi
    the Thrawn Series
    there are some more too but I will have to think about it.
  5. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Mar 12, 2011, 7:28 AM - Re: Star Wars books #5

All the legacy series , all the republic comando , the bounty hunter wars trillogy , any thing with fett or the mandos is a good read ,the death star is good I ve almost read all the EU books say around 90% of them and most, about 70% are a good read and I could almost name them all but you get the point
    Mar 12, 2011, 8:30 AM - Re: Star Wars books #6

Republic Commando Can not be beat..........The only problem is it never ends...thanks to Lucas......
    Mar 12, 2011, 9:13 AM - Re: Star Wars books #7

Heir to the Empire series... Read those. Republic Commando series is great too, although Clone Wars is messing up Mandalore...
    I enjoy the X-wing books as well. "I, Jedi" included
    Mar 12, 2011, 9:27 AM - Re: Star Wars books #8

I've read the Han Solo Trilogy, Republic Commando (see complaints above), Legacy series, the first two Fate of the Jedi (stopping; got bored), Death Troopers, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, OT novels, Zahn Trilogy, Death Star, and Allegiance.

My main SW book focus though is the "Art of", encyclopedia, "In-Universe" info, prop and behind the scenes sort of stuff. I get the most enjoyment out of those types of reads.
    Mar 12, 2011, 12:17 PM - Re: Star Wars books #9

For those of you that have read Death Troopers have you also read the prequel Red Harvest and if so worth reading Harvest first?
    Mar 13, 2011, 12:50 AM - Re: Star Wars books #10

As with most here, you must read the Republic Commando books, hands down the best SW series out there IMO. Thrawn series is great. I kinda like the Vong War, and the LOTF series. Allegiance is good, I enjoy a good Mara Jade story. While not horrbile, I wasn't that fond of Death Troopers, I was pretty fine until they brought in 2 certain characters who upon arrival into the story gave away who wins in the end (names not revealed on purpose to not spoil it for those who haven't read) At first I was leary, but I cam to love the X-Wing series.
    Mar 13, 2011, 1:24 AM - Re: Star Wars books #11

All listed above are great reads, I enjoyed the x-wing series a lot . Of course the commando novels are top notch(props to Karen Traviss). The Thrawn series was great. I also recommend the Han Solo trilogy(great insight to his character)
    Mar 14, 2011, 12:53 PM - Re: Star Wars books #12

Wow, no way can I pick a favorite!
    So many stories, so many characters.
    I have read over 100 novels >.> It is tough to remember what came from which book now :P

I need to take a picture of my collection some time. I own over 200 novels.. Different bindings, etc.
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Mar 17, 2011, 2:00 PM - Re: Star Wars books #13

i like the encyclopedias
    Mar 17, 2011, 3:50 PM - Re: Star Wars books #14

I like looking through the older ones with all the "inaccurate", pre-PT info because they give you a different perspective. Ben and Owen as brothers and so forth.
    Mar 17, 2011, 4:40 PM - Re: Star Wars books #15

The Commando series is great as stated before. The X-Wing novels are really good too. Thrawn series, Han Solo trilogy, and I really enjoyed all the Tales of... books.
    The old Han Solo books are fun too.
  16. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Mar 18, 2011, 11:25 AM - Re: Star Wars books #16

The Republic Commandos Series was, in my mind, the best Star Wars series yet(stop after Order 66 or you will just be dissapointed). The Bounty Hunter Tales are good too. I am currently reading Boba Fett: A Practical Man. Anything by Karen Traviss is usually good.
  17. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Mar 18, 2011, 4:21 PM - Re: Star Wars books #17

When I herd the wasnt going to be a follow up on the emperial commandos book , the one were boba gets in volved , I treally was gutted Id been looking forward to it for years, I missed the anouncment it had been canceld so a few years went by building my exitment and about 5 months ago BAMM , it trully was a sad day for me , seriously.
    Mar 19, 2011, 9:22 PM - Re: Star Wars books #18

I have read the thrawn series probably 3 times. Awsome books! I must admit, I am going to read the Republic Commando's at the great recommendations of every one here. Question, which book is it that Fett gets out of the Sarlacc? Tales of the Bounty Hunters? I am trying to find it.
    Mar 19, 2011, 9:28 PM - Re: Star Wars books #19

I think it is Tales of the BH. The name of the story is "A Barve like that" I think. There is also a good story on Boba Fett in the Tales from Jabba's palace.
    Mar 19, 2011, 9:45 PM - Re: Star Wars books #20

Thank ya sir! Trying to find the Republic Commando series, can you believe our local library only has 2 of them. AAGGHHHHH
    Mar 27, 2011, 1:55 AM - Re: Star Wars books #21

Just finished book one of the Republic Commando series -must say I found Hard Contact pretty good, nice look at how clones interact and grow, not to mention the psychological aspect of being the same yet different and the moral look into Jedi's and the use of clones. Surely was a good read i'm looking into the other books in the series now. Thanks for the sugguestion all.
    Mar 27, 2011, 4:26 AM - Re: Star Wars books #22

I've read a lot of SW books, reference included. There is a lot I like, and a few I don't. I never agreed with "The New Jedi Order" books, sure they had their moments but a series plotted out by a board of publisher for the greater good of their wallets almost killed the series for me.But that's an 19 book hurdle, if you choose that road... My biggest bit of advise is read them in order, although a bit of time travel doesn't hurt either.
    Last edited by fettwho; Mar 31, 2011 at 8:01 PM.
    Mar 30, 2011, 5:46 PM - Re: Star Wars books #23

I also read most of the SW books out there and I have to say the Republic Commando series is one of the best!
    The first Thrawn trilogy is great too!
    And I also enjoyed the Darth Bane trilogy!
    But there are many many must reads.
    Btw. X-Wing is good as well^^

And these Vong War **** books were lame... I read all of these 19 books and at the end I thought 'Hey, why did I waste my time?'
    Mar 31, 2011, 12:34 AM - Re: Star Wars books #24

I enjoy the darth bane trilogy, its intresting how they show the old republic from the sith point of view
    Mar 31, 2011, 1:02 AM - Re: Star Wars books #25

My problem with all of the Vong War books is that there were some really good story lines mixed in to the 19 books. There was about 6 books worth of good story there, but there was a ton of filler mixed in.