Star Wars Blogs?

Star Wars Blogs?

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions? My questions concern the fact that I have noticed a lot of people in the Star Wars community use a personal blog to chronicle their progress. I am sure there are other methods that fans use to share their Star Wars costumes, tutorials, tips, tricks, and other info. Are their any members of this forum using this method or something similar?

I have used WordPress in the past. I like it because I could export it to my own site and make additional customizations. But it appears to me that most people use Blogger. Since I am starting over from scratch I am looking for opinions, pros, cons, etc ...

I hosted the blog on BraveNet because I enjoyed their tools. Even though they didn't really help me, I am extremely curious and I enjoyed looking over the stats of my page. I especially loved how it kept track of the bots that visited my site and would get pleasant surprises when these search engines I never heard about crawled my website. Again since I am restarting from scratch, I want to make sure that I am fully informed of my choices. Recently the company that does my printing, VistaPrint, offered me a website deal? Anyone know if this is a good deal or have any suggestions? As long as I can look inside it and tinker I am happy.

In addition to who and how, where are people sharing their Star Wars costumes, tutorials, tips, tricks, and other information? I want to explore as many possibilities as I can and hear everyone's success / horror stories. Please move this thread if it is in the wrong forum, and share links to examples, please!

Re: Star Wars Blogs?

Wait, should I have posted this in the Sarlacc Pit forum?

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I would just go with your gut on this one--whatever works for you and you are happy with. If you are anything like me, if it is a hassle to post to or update you won't do it very often.

Fettered said: View Post
    I would just go with your gut on this one--whatever works for you and you are happy with. If you are anything like me, if it is a hassle to post to or update you won't do it very often.
    Yeah, but it also has to have that tinkering factor to keep me interested.