Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Fortress Pro. Question...

Star Fortress Pro. Question...

Good day all, I have just started looking into a new set of armor as I have saved for a few years. As I cannot craft my own I was going to buy a set from SF and do some custom painting on it to make it custom. However I was on the Heroes Villains, and Mandolorian ezboard and their I was told the SF was not a good place. Well I used the search engine on this forum to find and discussions on that subject but Im still on the fence. I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I dont get ripped. Thank you all and all you custom mando guys are awesome!!!

Re: Star Fortress Pro. Question...

From what I have heard if you order from SF it will take an extremely long time to get your stuff, if you get it at all. SF stuff isn't very accurate, and the boots that I had from SF were not accurate at all and basically looked like bowling shoes when I got them. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in my dealing with SF. If you take my advice I would suggest that you not do business with SF just from knowing the history behind the person that is the founder of SF.

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

do not get SF
    the guy is a pervert and had to move to singapore because he raped underage girls....

i wouldnt feel comfortable wearing something made by a guy who did that..and plus that stuff doesnt look good,and half of his pics are in paint...

From
    Long Beach, California

Stay away from Star Fortress. Both the products and customer service are horrid.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Mehrunes Dagon87 said: View Post
    Good day all, I have just started looking into a new set of armor as I have saved for a few years. As I cannot craft my own I was going to buy a set from SF and do some custom painting on it to make it custom. However I was on the Heroes Villains, and Mandolorian ezboard and their I was told the SF was not a good place. Well I used the search engine on this forum to find and discussions on that subject but Im still on the fence. I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I dont get ripped. Thank you all and all you custom mando guys are awesome!!!
    Yes, stay very very far away from Star Fortress Productions...

Well thats pretty straight-forward, I thank you all for your replies and now I will try to think of another way to acquire my set. Does anyone know any sites that sell all the items needed for a full set of armor? I do not have the equipmet to make my own, I would like to buy a full set and then modify it with custom paint and other modifications. I just cant find any sites that sell all that I need, the only one that did was SF and now apparently thats gone, lol so any sites you could lead me too would be great thanks!

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I make armour. I use a CNC laser and cut armour out of Sintra, it's an expanded foam like PVC. Are you looking for a specific material like fiberglass? I'm not sure about any fiberglass suppliers for Fett armor that isn't dented. I can make both Jango and Boba.

Oh, and welcome to The Dented Helmet!

Andy

From
    O'Fallon, Illinois the STL

Cylrul Pbz said: View Post
    do not get SF
    the guy is a pervert and had to move to singapore because he raped underage girls....
    Really? Seems kinda far-fetched to me.

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Hammer of Might said: View Post
    Really? Seems kinda far-fetched to me.
    Very true. He would meet girls online, fly to their cities to meet them, then sex in a hotel. When he got caught he and his wife ran off to her home country of the Phillipines so her husband would escape extradition.

SF is the crappest place ive ever bought anything

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

DonnieDarko688 said: View Post
    From what I have heard if you order from SF it will take an extremely long time to get your stuff, if you get it at all.
    Very true.

Mehrunes Dagon87 said: View Post
    I would like to ask what anyone thinks of the company and their experiences with them or what you heard.
    I remember the last time somebody asked about SFP on these forums. I will share the response I gave to the last person who asked. One of my friends ordered a complete snowtrooper from them, and one day, she received an express mail package from them with the complete snowtrooper in it. But this was 597 days after she ordered it! No joke!

From
    Parts Unknown

Cylrul Pbz said: View Post
    do not get SF

i wouldnt feel comfortable wearing something made by a guy who did that..and plus that stuff doesnt look good,and half of his pics are in paint...
    Wow, thats some creepy stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk because i'm just curious. When did this happen? and do you have a link to a news website about him? (example: cnn.com)

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

SOLOCHASER said: View Post
    Wow, thats some creepy stuff. I'm not trying to be a jerk because i'm just curious. When did this happen? and do you have a link to a news website about him? (example: cnn.com)
    I did see an article about it once, but I've been having trouble looking for it. I believe it was also posted on the 501st forums, let me go take a look.

This is what I found, it's a geocities site though. At the bottom it has a link to a news site, but has been long gone.

http://www.geocities.com/universalar...er_wanted.html

Ignoring the personal aspects of him, his props are extremely expensive, mediocre and if you order, you may never get the item.
    Last edited by GCNgamer128; Oct 29, 2006 at 7:16 PM.

From
    Parts Unknown

Yipes! What a wierdo. It's a good thing then that i ordered my jet pack from a better seller. Right gncgamer128

From
    Las Eisley Spaceport, NV

Holy dog dooky. I tell you what it is a good thing that he wasn't caught in Texas. Anybody here played Quake 3 and killed someone with there saw so they could here the "HUMILIATION!!" voice. Well, he would be hearing this, "CASTRATION!!"

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

Desert_Beagle said: View Post
    Holy dog dooky. I tell you what it is a good thing that he wasn't caught in Texas. Anybody here played Quake 3 and killed someone with there saw so they could here the "HUMILIATION!!" voice. Well, he would be hearing this, "CASTRATION!!"
    "In Texas, we have the death penalty, and we USE IT!!!" - Ron 'Tater Salad' White

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    "In Texas, we have the death penalty, and we USE IT!!!" - Ron 'Tater Salad' White
    Ron puts on a good show...

From
    Naples, Florida

See??... this is why I LOVE you people (seriously...I'm not being a smarty-pants). I usually do my homework before I suggest a place to my hubby for stuff (Jedi boots and belts...I know, we're turncoats Not turing out back from our bounty hunters but just like to have a nice wide range of costumes to match what our mood is..."Sometimes you feel like a Sith, sometimes you don't") , but this time I did the opposite and emailed him the link to this place's website BEFORE I looked on TDH to see if anyone had any input. I just sent him another email to tell him to junk the SP link. I guess I've learned my lesson. (He DID sound promising though... grr. I guess you DO get what you pay for). Thanks for the warnings.

From
    San Diego. CA/ Hertfordshire, England

SF is a complete joke, when I was just starting out, I placed an order with those clowns and shortly after reading negative feedback about them, I canceld my order. the guy tried to come after me for the money and told me that after a few days from me placing my order, they had completed my suit and armour (yeah right) and that I have to pay for it. he even tried contacting my credit card company for payment??? *******!!
    Last edited by Bountyone; May 16, 2008 at 2:41 PM.

From
    Corpus Christi, TX

SFP is also a known recaster of people's hard work....avoid at all costs

I've only ever heard bad things aswell.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

i totally agree that their products are ****, but when i was younger and didn't know any better I ordered from him. But i can say i DID receive my item and it did arrive in a timely manner.

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Mattastic13 said: View Post
    SFP is also a known recaster of people's hard work....avoid at all costs
    Yeah, SGB is one of the unfortunate victims. Him and the one SGB got his helmet molds from originally.

From
    Hamburg/Germany

My experience with SFP is that the parts are not " Movie acurate " I have ordered some parts from him and I was very disappointed. If you need great parts for your jango,boba or how ever,the TDH is the right place for this !!!

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Im not going to bad mouth them anymore, however, that dosnt mean that I do approve of their past history, BUT it appears that SPF, although still making and possibly recasting, there may have been some form of change in managment. Someone I know up here recently ordered a clone kit, and recieved it very quickly and was pretty happy with it.

Dont get me wrong, their history shows itself, and their products are mostly very inaccurate, but I have a feeling that sometime recently, they had some switch of power, for the better, I dont know, but I certainly hope so. Thats my rant/thought currently.

But seriously, the best place for fett parts is right here, no place else, hands down