St. Baldrick's 2012 - Raising money for children with cancer

From
    Indiana

St. Baldrick's 2012 - Raising money for children with cancer

For St Daldricks Day, stbaldricks.org, raise money for childrens cancer. Dawn, my wife, has registered for the event at Claddagh Irish Pub in Plainfield Indiana at Metropolis Mall on saturday Mar 18 at 1. Team name is Bloodfin/501. Goal is $250, but at least $200 raised and she will shave her head completely bald, 150 buzz cut. Dawn is going to be donating $50 herself to get started.

Here is a link to the team Bloodfin/501st - A St. Baldrick's Team

So, if you live in Indy and what to come by, please do! And/or if you would help and donate money for a childrens cancer charity, that would be great!

Thanks!
    Asok

From
    Indiana

Re: St. Baldrick's 2012 - Raising money for children with cancer

Little bump for my wife getting her head shaved and the money going to kids with cancer.

I can guarantee a lot of itchy scalps. How do I donate? You can blame me when your wife asks, "Where did it all go wrong?" Right now.

From
    Indiana

Just go to http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/76758/2012 and from there you can make a donation. Thanks! It means a lot to my wife!
    Last edited by asok; Mar 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

asok said: View Post
    Just go to Bloodfin/501st - A St. Baldrick's Team and from there you can make a donation. Thanks! It means a lot to my wife!

Boo ya. ;P Tell your wife I expect pictures of that shiny dome, haha. Seriously though, good work Asok, you're an asset to humanity and this board.

From
    Indiana

To all who gave, my wife wanted to say thanks!!

I will post photo's later. When you see them you will see she already has short hair and may not think it is a stretch. What you don't know is that about 2 months ago she had a coworker come back to work who just lost of her hair. My wife and some others shaved their heads that day. She was cute when she called to tell me what they did. Thinking I would be mad. How can you be mad when she does it support a friend.

If I remember, next year I will try and raffle of a bucket or 2 with the money going to the same place.

asok said: View Post
    To all who gave, my wife wanted to say thanks!!

I will post photo's later. When you see them you will see she already has short hair and may not think it is a stretch. What you don't know is that about 2 months ago she had a coworker come back to work who just lost of her hair. My wife and some others shaved their heads that day. She was cute when she called to tell me what they did. Thinking I would be mad. How can you be mad when she does it support a friend.

If I remember, next year I will try and raffle of a bucket or 2 with the money going to the same place.

Glad we could help.

From
    Indiana

My wife sends me an email going "I made the paper!" St. Baldrick's fundraiser in Plainfield | indystar.com | Indianapolis Hendricks County | Indianapolis Star

She is the first person you see. Think they could have gotten any closer?