Subscribe
    Sep 3, 2013, 11:56 PM - Spirit Halloween Costumes #1

Has anyone seen the Star Wars costumes being sold for women on the Spirit Halloween site??? They make me so sad.
    Boba Fett Adult Womens Costume
    Star Wars Darth Vader Adult Womens Costume
    Storm Trooper Adult Womens Costume
    Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Adult Womens Costume
    Sep 4, 2013, 12:19 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #2

Wow those are garbage.
    Sep 4, 2013, 12:45 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #3

Wow....

"Officially licensed?"....who'd wanna put their name on that ****. And what's the deal with the tassels?

....and the men's deluxe TK is just criminal for $900...

Star Wars Supreme Edition Stormtrooper Adult Costume
    Sep 4, 2013, 12:58 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #4

I'm pretty sure tassels are canon ...
    Sep 4, 2013, 9:04 AM - #5

People are just taking the "cool to be geeky" thing way too far.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Sep 4, 2013, 10:04 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #6

Welcome to halloween! the time when its perfectly acceptable for a Woman to dress as a *Edited for Political Correctness*

The "sexy" outfits (sexy nurse, sexy cop etc) costumes sell out a long time before halloween around here. Halloween has become the day an adult or semi adult woman can dress like a tramp and get away with it more or less.

Sad, but that is society. Look at what big cons have become. "What costume can I make that will display my butt and boobs to the world?" seems to be the overiding rule for lots of those gals.

To be fair the cosplay gals are usually accurately portraying the character.

Those Spirit "costumes" are sad. But I am sure plenty of non prop replica types would think they were the coolest thing evah. Look at the Black Milk dresses/tank tops/swimsuits (which I admit I find clever when it comes to swimsuits, which should be skintight)

My "old man, back in MY day" tirade for the day :P
    Sep 4, 2013, 11:33 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #7

I would be a bit gutted if my Fett looked like that :-(

I do have the woolly hat though haha!
    Sep 4, 2013, 11:36 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #8

I'm right there with you brother. I starting watching the show heros of cosplay, and the one girl yaya Han wears nothing but stuff that shows off her out of proportion for frame chest. Cosplay is more about a cool costume and the hard work that went into it, not just girls with big boobs.
    Sep 4, 2013, 5:11 PM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #9

I'm not a fan of skimpy costumes. I would not want my daughter to dress that way. I'd rather see costumes that are detailed and have excellent craftsmanship and don't have a lot of skin showing. These teeny tiny costumes are better left at home.
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Sep 4, 2013, 11:08 PM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #10

Uggghh! I agree not really sure when it happened, but take a walk in any halloween shop and there is that large section you gotta steer clear of with your kids. Give me a well crafted accurate costume anyday.
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Sep 4, 2013, 11:51 PM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #11

Ahh Halloween. The time of year when we get to put everyone else to shame...

Seriously though, I'm actually impressed with the minor details. Like the faux shin tools, or the boots flares on the X-Wing. I'm not saying it's right, just that someone did put a minute or two of research into these.
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Sep 17, 2013, 8:14 AM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #12

Alot of folks dont want to invest in a heavy duty costume and honestly if i see more people bringing out there star wars geek better to show it slightly then fade away and the younger gen wont know what it is.
    Sep 23, 2013, 11:45 PM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #13

I had my first real taste of wearing out a hard earned and well built costume last year with my ghostbusters get up. I built almost all of it from scratch and one of the guys on gbfans was selling an accurate 75% scale pack kit that I built for the gf.

It was all so worth it when I walked in to the bar and saw the guy wearing the inflatable proton pack and vinyl suit look up in excitement an his face quickly change to disgust. I overheard his girlfriend late say "oh my god, did you see his pack. Its real!" and his reply was, "yeah f$&k that guy"

For me its not a competition. Its more the fun of the build. But why even waste the money on junk like that?
    Sep 30, 2013, 5:45 PM - Re: Spirit Halloween Costumes #14

Store bought costumes make me sad...but I'm crazy when it comes to costumes. I've got me a brand spanking new ghostbuster get up for this Halloween...maybe I'll run into the inflatable proton pack guy.