Subscribe
    May 21, 2008, 6:41 PM - Speed Racer! #1

Okay, I havent seen a thread made yet!

I was skeptical at first before seeing this, but I just got out, and gotta say its probably one of the more original and creative film styles Ive seen yet. All in all, I think it was a pretty decent film. Ive never really watched the original speed racer cartoons to give a comparison, but I feel that they made alot of changes in the movie. However, they give the main character the same exact outfit you see in the cartoon, that much I know
    May 24, 2008, 12:03 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #2

The Speed Racer movie looks nothing like the cartoon, it looks like the F-Zero games.
    May 24, 2008, 1:19 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #3

Are the characters voices out of sync with their mouth movements???And did they speak fast???
    Just something I always loved when watching it growing up.And how the US team translate the Japanese meaning.Something like this....
    " I am building this car because I really want it to fast so Speed Racer will win like he always does "
    May 24, 2008, 1:57 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #4

blarg, Am I the only one who liked it?

I know the movie itself looked nothing like the cartoon, but I distinctly remember seeing Speed wear what he does in the cartoon, in that desert/middle east race scene..you know, the ascot, blue shirt, yellow gloves..that much I remember
    May 24, 2008, 2:00 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #5

Quote LOPERO said: View Post
    Are the characters voices out of sync with their mouth movements???And did they speak fast???
    Just something I always loved when watching it growing up.And how the US team translate the Japanese meaning.Something like this....
    " I am building this car because I really want it to fast so Speed Racer will win like he always does "
    There actually a short scene in which sprite and the monkey are watching some weird japanese cartoon, and they are making fun of that very thing
    May 24, 2008, 8:54 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #6

If you have epilepsy dont go! You will be having seizures left and right
    May 24, 2008, 3:59 PM - Re: Speed Racer! #7

the way i see about speed racer if you wanted to just go in for the last 40-45 min and youll recap the whole thing all in all its a rent movie when it comes to dvd not a buy in my opinion
    May 26, 2008, 12:31 AM - Re: Speed Racer! #8

I loved it and while it hasn't done that well at the box office, I think once it hits DVD it will gain more popularity. It was great seeing one of my favorite cartoons come to life. All the nods to the show had me cracking up at times. Its almost completely safe for kids as well, so the whole family could watch it.