Subscribe
  1. Feb 25, 2010, 1:11 PM - SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #1

I don't know if find it more intriguing, bothersome or??? But more and more upon logging onto TDH, I'll almost consistently see something like 103 people online and only 23 of them are members???

WHAT'S UP WIT' DAT'?

THX

Feb 25, 2010, 1:31 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #2

leechers XD
    Feb 25, 2010, 3:56 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #3

Yeah, I've noticed that before too.
  4. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 25, 2010, 4:04 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #4

It has always been the case that we have more people that view the site than participate. It is sad in a way because that means there are a lot of people who could be adding their thoughts and expertise but for whatever reason they choose not to do so.
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 25, 2010, 4:14 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #5

I lurked for a good 6 months before posting...just to learn. I post alot on car forums though now I feel i had something to contribute here after learning alot and needing questions answered
    Feb 25, 2010, 4:19 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #6

i leeched too a couple of months

I think everyone is a Leecher in the Firstplace

People who have the urgent to create a Fett or an custom Mando and just look at all given possibilitys but aint got the time, effort or anything else yet to get an serious issue on that one.
    I guess you normaley register if your begin with your concept and grapped the first parts together.

So we got registred Mandos and Boba-curious leechers XD
    Feb 25, 2010, 4:45 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #7

Spys all spys.... the end is nigh'.... the redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming.... they're gonna install the Y2K virus!!!!!

The truth is out there......

I dunno... kinda creeps me out. lol
    Last edited by dsonik1; Feb 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM.
    Feb 25, 2010, 5:09 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #8

I lurked for a while and just now started posting.
  9. Feb 25, 2010, 6:36 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #9

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    I lurked for a while and just now started posting.
    I had a sneaking suspicion that you were the problem! LOL!
    Feb 25, 2010, 10:28 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #10

I am just one of the problems according to the first post theres about 75 more problems out there.

I really enjoyed the info but now I have the bug and want to start creating my own Fetts
    Feb 26, 2010, 6:18 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #11

Sometimes I'm just too lazy to log in...
  12. Feb 26, 2010, 6:30 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #12

Quote xaoslord said: View Post
    Sometimes I'm just too lazy to log in...
    You don't just stay logged by clicking the remember me box?
  13. Feb 27, 2010, 2:33 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #13

I think a lot of the people lurking are curious and want to check it out. When I first came here I wanted to get a feel for the community and see if they were friendly or more stand offish and only helped there friends as alot of sites do. But when I saw that wasn't the case I joined and have learned A LOT from everyone here and am very grateful. So in due time once everyone sees this is a friendly community they too will join. Just my two cents.
    Feb 28, 2010, 12:52 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #14

Guilty as charged. The main reason for me is the economy. I have been jobless in Atlanta. Don't get me wrong, I love to log in here. It's just that I no longer have the funds to facilitate my hobby. This is the best message board and I thank the people in charge here. And because of them, great friendships have formed. When I am not here, I think about TDH too. No matter what agreements or disagreements I have had here, TDH will always be a part of me.
    Sep 9, 2010, 9:45 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #15

I lurked here too before I joined.......for all of 14 seconds. But for me, knowing Flo Fett for about 8 years, and meeting some of you all at Celebration V, it was all the prerequisite I needed. I am not a costumer and I've never dressed as a Mandalorian or any other SW character, but I appreciate and envy those who do. And there you have it.
    Sep 10, 2010, 12:01 AM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #16

i'll admit i lurked o this website for a while before i decided exactly how i wanted to do my costume
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Sep 10, 2010, 3:05 AM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #17

Interesting that you are on here so much that you are reading the stats LOL I run a military related forum site and we exercise a members only policy to the viewing of the board. This does have the effect of reducing your membership base because people are too lazy to register but it does mean that the people you do get are those who are interested in joining a community and are serious about how they want to participate.
    Sep 13, 2010, 4:13 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #18

Well, some members like myself, don't have much to add that would be helpful. If I just get on here and clog up the forums with meaningless ****, what benefit would that be? Be thankful there are people viewing and keeping their stupid opinions to themselves.
    Sep 14, 2010, 10:48 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #19

Many of them may be search engine bots. I know Google bots used to be on my forums all the time. With as many searches for Star Wars stuff that search engines get in an hour, it isn't surprising that the bots would frequent this site to sniff around. In fact, I see Google adsense ads at the top of this page, so I'm certain that there's at least a couple from Google.
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Sep 16, 2010, 7:11 PM - Re: SOMETHING THAT IS... I DON'T KNOW, INTERESTING? #20

I viewed before joining. Just wanted to get the sense of the site. Took all of...ohhhhhhhhh... a second figure it out. And no Google search here, was refereed by those working the booth at CV.