Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Jan 10, 2009, 12:57 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #26

What an honor, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!
  2. DarkeSword2020 is offline DarkeSword2020
    Jan 10, 2009, 1:01 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #27

Haha, Hey Art, if I bought this, could I send it to you to autograph it ?
    Jan 10, 2009, 1:22 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #28

Nice Art...

Somebody will post wacky photos of the figure...

Trust me....

Jan 10, 2009, 1:24 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #29

Very cool Art!
    DW
    Jan 10, 2009, 2:43 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #30

I'm seeing a web comic... The Adventures of Officer Braksbu'Ddy.
    Jan 10, 2009, 5:17 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #31

I'd buy you

Gino, I belive that is CRProps armor and helmet.
    Jan 10, 2009, 5:22 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #32

Quote Mirax H said: View Post
    I'd buy you

Gino, I belive that is CRProps armor and helmet.

Oh yeah?
    Last time I make a sweet helmet/armor combo for anyone without getting proper credit.
    Jan 11, 2009, 1:05 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #33

That looks really COOL. I have to get one of those.
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 11, 2009, 4:15 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #34

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Yup,

All three pouches in my photos are original WWII german MP-40 pouches. However, I have recently sold them as we have determined at least some of the pouches appear to be prop department replicas and not authentic WWII pouches.
    If they were authentic pouches, please tell me you did not alter them in any way. I am a WWII collector and authentic ones in good condition are getting harder and harder to come by.

Also, for the prop pouches you speak of, are they of similar quality? Is anyone you sold them to willing to turn them around and sell again? Or do you know of a source for these leather ones (like yours, the German type, not the Swedish). Thanks Art.
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2009, 11:02 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #35

One of mine came from a fellow trooper and it has been passed on to another trooper. Two of the others (the Stolla Wein hip pouches) came off eBay and went to another trooper in Hawaii. You are right. We see fewer and fewer of the pouches on eBay, but they are still there from time to time. You might want to sign up for the MEPD as there are a number of people selling their original pouches right now because they are getting the new, more accurate (for Star Wars) replica pouches.
  11. Jan 11, 2009, 3:27 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #36

Trust me, I am trying to get them to send one.... and sadly, that armor no longer belongs to me. I sold it about 3 years ago (to a member here) and it is now a display piece in his collection.
    I was able to score the exclusive version. An AMAZING likeness.
    I quit collecting Sideshow stuff last year but when I saw this thing I knew I had to have it!
    I posted comparison shots like you did in our Local Rebelscum collectors forum and at first people asked where I had got the better images from.
    When I pointed out that it was the Armor I had bought from you they were shocked!!

So Davin will now have a "Mini Me" to keep him company!!
  12. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2009, 4:31 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #37

That is so awesome! You have to love having Sideshow making a figure of the display sitting in your house! I still miss the armor, but I am going to be getting started on another one before too long! Davin will have a brother!
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2009, 5:48 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #38

Well, no question now..............you're way cooler than I am.
    Jan 11, 2009, 6:57 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #39

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    Well, no question now..............you're way cooler than I am.
    We never doubted it.

Sorry, can't help myself sometimes, ya know. But serisouly, I'm totaly kidding. Don't hurt me.
    Jan 11, 2009, 7:01 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #40

That is pretty cool!
    Last edited by asok; Jan 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM. Reason: Language
    Jan 11, 2009, 10:03 PM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #41

i'm going to have to start a collection of dented helmet members. i know there is a clone emperor figure out there somewhere (maybe a ganner kreig too).
    Jan 12, 2009, 1:01 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #42

Quote Jodo Kast 3 said: View Post
    Nice Art...

Somebody will post wacky photos of the figure...

Trust me....

Muhahahahahaha! The temptation is so strong!
  18. Jan 12, 2009, 1:24 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #43

That is so awesome! You have to love having Sideshow making a figure of the display sitting in your house! I still miss the armor, but I am going to be getting started on another one before too long! Davin will have a brother!
    A brother? or a Clone?
  19. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2009, 1:46 AM - Re: So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper #44

Quote Ground_Trooper said: View Post
    A brother? or a Clone?
    Probably a "clone"... Still hoping one magical day in the distant future, Gino will make a set of V2 armor, but as that seems to be in no foreseeable future, I plan to do a new "test" Davin suit. We will see.