Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So the Millennium Falcon did the Kessel Run in Less than 12 parsecs, huh?

From
    Orlando, Florida

Re: So the Millennium Falcon did the Kessel Run in Less than 12 parsecs, huh?

Boba Swede said: View Post
    None the less. In an interview with him GL that i once saw, he tried to explain that when the millenium falcon did the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs Han Solo was actually refering the the speed of the hyperdrive computer which computed all the different jumps to get from point A to point B.

I belive what he was trying to say was that other computers were slower and not as accurate. Hence their jumps needed larger margins for error and thus did longer jumps. The ME on the other hand was more precise and take more short-cuts.
    So, does that mean that the Falcon is a mean Gaming PC?! Does it solve Pi in it's free time?

From
    A small farm in Queen Creek, AZ

You know, you guys are proving all the critics right about us. "Us" being SW "Geeks", and I say that in the kindest way possible.

Hay its cause of things liek this how physics and such get proven wrong.

IN YOUR FACE OLD PEOPLE!

I think its funny. oh you cant go faster than this its impossable blah blah blah. They dident even have cars back then and the fastest they could travel is how ever fast the horse went.

From
    Belfast, Co Antrim, Ireland.

SWFreak said: View Post
    I like chocolate milk.
    I love lamp!

From
    The miserable mill

Too short for a stormie said: View Post
    I love lamp!

Do you really love the lamp Stormie or are you just saying that because it's there?

I think, that Han realized he was talking to an idiot (Luke) and an old guy (Ben) and just thought he could make up something that sounded cool to make his ship look good.

Then again GL probably just thought it sounded cool and Harrison Ford was just like, whatever I'm sitting next to a walking carpet.

That kind-of solves the question as to how long Luke was on Dagobah recieving training from Kermit I mean Yoda.

1/4 of a movie.

tk7602 said: View Post
    me too. and kittens.

I like beer!

From
    Lowell, MA

but if he was traveling .5 past the speed of light time would move more slowly for solo, year to earth would have felt like a few days to solo so, 25 earth years is more like a few mounths to solo

But then again we havent reached the speed of light and then what happens after teh speed of light?

From
    Arkansas

The Falcon made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs because it's a model hanging from fishing line in front of a blue screen

Darth Paul said: View Post
    Bromide is actually a compound of Bromine and another element.

For example, a compound might be Hydrogen and Bromine giving Hydrogen Bromide. H--B
    As for the atomic weight, well this is how it looks for Bromine:

Atomic Number: 35
    Symbol: Br
    Atomic Weight: 79.904

And yeah, I work away from home, so sometimes there's not a hell of a lot to do!!

I'm really surprised at the amount of activity in this thread, thanks for chiming in you guys!!!
    GOOD GOD!!! you can think faster than a computer...

By the way do you know the ultimate question of life the universe and everything?

From
    Savannah, GA

gojirafan said: View Post
    By the way do you know the ultimate question of life the universe and everything?
    I know the answer is 42...

mandosoldier said: View Post
    I once had a firespray class ship with a flux capacitor, It could get from tatooine to alderaan yesterday, but only once it reached 88 mph!
    How did you get back to the future?

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

gojirafan said: View Post

Hmmm..BEER!!! Beer is the answer to all of lifes little questions...

From
    South Wales

Oddball Fett said: View Post
    Han doesn't hold the record - that belongs to BoShek if I recall.
    Heh, yeah. But Han set it first!!!

Thing is though OBF, games are games, Star Wars is REAL! dude!!!

From
    South Wales

Boomer Fett said: View Post
    Hmmm..BEER!!! Beer is the answer to all of lifes little questions...

Second that dude!!!!

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The reply above about distance is the way its been further explained throughout books and through the tech of starwars.

The books about the maw cluster touched on it some.

In short, you can not fly within x of the maw (black holes) or it sucks you in.

The faster you can fly, the closer you can get and still be able to escape its gravity.

The falcon was able to shorten the distance from the maw, because the ship was fast enough to escape its pull. The falcon 'supposedly' has engines that are like 6-7 times creating more positive thrust per weight than most other ships.

Now, if you factor in the expanded universe, the sith sphere and / or jacen and kip are able to sense the paths through the black holes of the maw, and make some course adjustments without leaving hyperspace.

So by all geekdom common sense, jacen would be able to be the fastest through.

if he werent dead

From
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

OK. We measure time how? The time it takes to travel a certain distance around the sun and earth own orbit correct? Therefore we measure time with light. Once you reach lightspeed you are traveling the same speed as light obviously. So, If you're traveling faster than light how can you measure time? Ergo time and space is relative. You can travel unknow distances in immeasuable time seeing as you can't possibly measure time without light, let alone read a clock Star wars time can't possibly measured as we measure time. We don't count the different time zones of other star systems in our own calculations even in our own solar system do we use seperate distaces from the sun to measure time. We use our own. If we traveled to mars and stayed the for a year and came home how long would we say that we've be gone? 2 years. What about martian time? How long would that have been. Only about one year. you knowhow long a Martian year is? 687 of our days. you know how long a Martian day is? Only 39.5 minutes loner than ours. Maybe if we used solar measurements. But, Again time is relative. Space is continuel. And we don't account for time zone discrepancies. It's is totally possible that 12 parsecs in the SW universe can be traveled in a matter of hours. Who's to say it's not? Oh and BTW, Bromide isn't as compound of Bromine and anouter element, but a Bromine Ion. Which simply means it has a different number of electrons while still retaining it's elemental structure. I hope you've enjoyed my dissertation lol.
    Last edited by Ijaat Ka'rta; Jul 31, 2008 at 2:03 PM.

From
    S.F. Bay Area California USA

Boba Swede said: View Post
    Ok.. well first of all i think GL put 12 parsecs in the script because it sounded cool..

None the less. In an interview with him GL that i once saw, he tried to explain that when the millenium falcon did the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs Han Solo was actually refering the the speed of the hyperdrive computer which computed all the different jumps to get from point A to point B.

I belive what he was trying to say was that other computers were slower and not as accurate. Hence their jumps needed larger margins for error and thus did longer jumps. The ME on the other hand was more precise and take more short-cuts.

So the red arrow would be the ME, while the other (green and blue) are other ships.

That Looks like my route to work.....

From
    The Netherlands

Hehehe Kessel is a place in Holland I am serious.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

One can not pass the speed of light. The faster an object moves time slows down, its mass increases, and it requires more energy to accelerate it. The reason something can not surpass the speed of light is because the closer an object reaches the speed of light, it gains in mass and requires more energy. If an object were to pass the speed of light, its mass would become infinite.

sure you can!

you just need a ship that can generate infinite kenetic energy.

From
    Oklahoma City OK

My head hurts now