Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 9, 2010, 10:36 PM - So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3380.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	43609

YES!!!

Thanks to Fettpride and Ruffkintoy for some last minute costume additions. Much appreciated, fellas!! Oh, and now I have a great signature line from Lucas that I can use on message boards:

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." Then he laughed.
    May 9, 2010, 10:58 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #2

You met George Lucas?!?!?!?!?! Holy----!!!!!!! U lucky son of a gun!! how did it happen? im so jealous....congrats btw.
    May 10, 2010, 4:52 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #3

SO AWESOME! That would be the best thing in the world. Meeting George Lucas!

El1te
  4. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    May 10, 2010, 4:59 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #4

That is one cool photo. Congrats man, I was thinking the worst reading the thread title!
    May 10, 2010, 5:37 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #5

Oh man that is so sweet... congrats, and nice looking suit too!
    May 10, 2010, 5:49 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #6

That is about seven different kinds of awesome . And I can imagine all of you grinning like children under your lids
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    May 10, 2010, 8:42 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #7

Awesome photo. But how did the slightly tubby TKs with the FX lids get infront of you??
    May 10, 2010, 8:55 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #8

Sweet! You're a very lucky guy!
    May 10, 2010, 9:20 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #9

Very cool!!!

are you sure that is the real GL, he is not wearing flannel?
    May 10, 2010, 10:24 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #10

Quote DarmanSkirata said: View Post
    You met George Lucas?!?!?!?!?! Holy----!!!!!!!

Quote Mr Fett said: View Post
    Thanks to Fettpride and Ruffkintoy for some last minute costume additions. Much appreciated, fellas!! .
    Wait....you got stuff from Chuck in an expedient manner????!?!?!?! HOLY ----!!!!

Thats awesome though Andy, showing off infront of "The Maker".....very cool indeed!
    May 10, 2010, 12:08 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #11

The event was at the Field Museum in Chicago, a place that I had trooped 10 years ago as one of my first troops so have fond memories. They were showing ESB on the big screen at the Museum on Friday night and Saturday afternoon and evening, with all proceeds going to the museum's childrens outreach programs. We were requested just to troop the last 2 evening shows on Saturday and George was there for a VIP reception before the second from last movie. When we found out about the event a few weeks back, LFL requested only a Darth Vader, a Boba Fett, 4 Stormtroopers and anyone who had an R2-D2 with all the bells and whistles. Anyone who wanted to sign up to troop it had to send pictures of themselves in costume through the Garrison CO to LFL.

A couple weeks later, LFL got back with us and then wanted heights and weights of each person who submitted photos (yeah, I somehow must have slipped by the weight thing. ), and it was LFL themselves who picked which of the costumers who signed up they wanted to troop in the 6 slots they assigned for the 501sters. At first I felt bad as a Fett costumer, knowing the event was to celebrate ESB and my costume was an ROTJ, but folks reminded me they were using an ROTJ Boba as the Celebration 5 logo (celebrating the 30th anniversary of ESB), so if LFL didn't care, I still signed up. It ended up they chose an ANH Vader costumer as the Vader they wanted and brought their own Ewok, so I guess spanned the trilogy. Since it was ESB, we all thought they might have wanted Snowtrooper costumers, but no they didn't.

LFL provided their own Chewbacca and Ewok costumers, I assume being made by ILM:

.....and like all Boba costumers, I HATE how the camera flash washes out the weathering on my jumpsuit and yellow armor.

Our quick chit-chat:

Back to the changing room. Another successful troop done and my first time in almost 11 years of Boba costuming that I had the chance to meet George Lucas!

May 10, 2010, 12:19 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #12

I just realized that you were wearing a ROTJ Fett to a screening of ESB, Isn't that like wearing white after labor day.

the pics look great even if it did bleach out your weathering
    May 10, 2010, 12:30 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #13

I personally felt bad, as a Fett costumer, that I didn't own the correct Fett costume for that movie. But, no ESB Fetts signed up for the event and LFL wanted a Boba Fett there, so I still got to costume it.

.....and not a single person in the crowd mentioned I had the wrong Boba. They just saw "Boba Fett".
    May 10, 2010, 12:47 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #14

so awesome! congrats
    May 10, 2010, 12:49 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #15

Awesome Andy!

Your lucky my Fett it's only 70% complete. LOL

Just messing with ya.

T
    May 10, 2010, 12:55 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #16

Trust me, Arturo. That thought DID cross my mind before I signed up to troop this.
    May 10, 2010, 1:11 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #17

Awsome, Brilliant, Fantastic......there really are not enough superlatives to describe how cool that must have been for you, you have a great costume, great pictures too

I hope we have some screenings of "The Empire Strikes Back" here in the UK not heard of any yet though......somehow I don't think George would show up
    May 10, 2010, 2:52 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #18

Unless there were some real star wars fans there I doubt that anyone would notice that that's not the right movie.
    May 10, 2010, 3:57 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #19

I just pointed that our to be the nerdiest one the the thread, I am a die hard Star Wars nut and I would not have noticed that a year ago before my time on this forum.

Your Fett looks GREAT regardless of which film, and if you listen to Lucas in some of his interviews he may not have realized it.
  20. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 10, 2010, 10:31 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #20

Good stuff Mr Fett... congrats
    May 10, 2010, 10:39 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #21

Awesome man!!!
    May 10, 2010, 11:11 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #22

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    the pics look great even if it did bleach out your weathering
    In real life, my jumpsuit looks seriously grungy, and the horse girth is a darker shade of red then what appears in those pics. It was a dimly lit environment so everyone was using camera flashes.

My next costume projects are adding the silver onto the black piping of my Boba boots to make it more like Magic Of Myth (my main reference for my own suit), new ankle spats, and then a more accurate vest with the really old tackle twill material I picked up from BobaFettish's material run he did like 6 years ago.

So this past Saturday I got to meet George Lucas, and next Saturday Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan are once again rolling into town for my local comic con, and I was also contacted by one of Lucasfilm's illustrators who wants to take pictures of me sometime this week to use as reference for a Boba Fett illustration he's supposed to do so this is quickly turning into the biggest "Fett month" I've ever had.

Jeremy comes to our comic con about every other year, and Daniel has been there a couple times, but just due to the fact hanging with them 7 days after meeting Lucas makes it a killer Boba week for me!

Last edited by Mr Fett; May 10, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
    May 12, 2010, 12:57 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #23

Some museum fun afterwards............

"Zombie T-Rex! RUN!"

May 13, 2010, 8:22 PM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #24

Wow Andy !! Your journey is now complete !

You started out as one of the very first accurate Fett's waaaaaay back in the day and inspired many !
    There are members that have come, and gone that used you for reference time and time again.

Let it be known, that this guy is one of the very first fan made Fetts that I personally laid my eyes on back
    on TDH Fett Ref Ver. -0 !

Now, you got to fulfill one of your long time fantasies as I'm sure we all have pondered over - and that is
    meeting the MAN himself !

Congrats Old timer !!!!

Chris
    May 14, 2010, 2:59 AM - Re: So.....I was wearing my Fett costume last night see, and what happened was..... #25

.....and I was sporting a full set of Fettpride armor and ROTJ rangefinder while I was there, so it was like you were there in spirit, Chris. Thanks for everything, my good man.