Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Jul 28, 2012, 10:02 AM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #26

Ok so i didnt do another bike ride today...was just to tired from staying up late workin on stuff...

But tomorrow will definately do another bike ride...perhaps the whole bike trail which is just under 6 miles 1 way. Since i dont have to get to work tomorrow, im gonna shoot for the whole trail!

Will likely do the 5 mile ride Monday morning and ill hit the gym again Tuesday!
    Jul 28, 2012, 10:17 AM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #27

I'm doing the same thing. I'm 5'9" and weigh 211lbs. I just had my doctor put me on Adipex. It boosts your metabolism and kills your appetite. I'm a landscaper by trade so I do physical work all day, but this helps me to have a little left in the tank at the end of the day to do some cardio.

Aren't we the ultimate nerds? Losing weight to look good in our Fett costumes... Does anybody lose weight to attract babes anymore?
  3. Jul 28, 2012, 10:33 AM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #28

Quote AFettFullofDollars said: View Post
    I'm doing the same thing. I'm 5'9" and weigh 211lbs. I just had my doctor put me on Adipex. It boosts your metabolism and kills your appetite. I'm a landscaper by trade so I do physical work all day, but this helps me to have a little left in the tank at the end of the day to do some cardio.

Aren't we the ultimate nerds? Losing weight to look good in our Fett costumes... Does anybody lose weight to attract babes anymore?

haha..i know right? Of course sometimes, the Fett suit attracts babes, so looking good in it helps! hehe

Hm..i wonder if i can do that Adipex? Well...lets see where the exercise/dieting takes me first...who knows maybe ill drop more than i think!

one of my biggest problems was finding the time to get exercise in. Then one day it hit me .."get your fat *** up early and go first thing in the morning!" lol That seems to be working heh
    Jul 31, 2012, 3:17 PM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #29

I started really trying to get back in shape a couple of months ago. It seems I have to go through this every few years after I fall off my routine and get lazy for too long. I'm 5'11" and when I'm "fat" I'm around 185-190, but I'm a skinny dude with no muscle. In the last month I lost 15lbs and an inch or two from my waist, and my cardio is waaay better (which is my main goal). I'm trying to get my 1.5 mile run time down under 9:30. The trick for me is quitting drinking and eating a small breakfast (instead of just coffee). It took me a while to get back into running, but starting slow to build the right stabilization muscles and avoid injuries has worked out great. You've already gotten some great advice above, I would just add that the key is to stick with it, and don't let yourself make excuses to not eat right or exercise. Your metabolism will get exponentially faster as you replace fat with muscle, so keep it up!
    Aug 7, 2012, 1:05 PM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #30

Good luck man. I know loseing weight can be hard. Try eatting mando style foods, very healthy, High energy, very filling (so you don't want or have to eat as often), and very spicy (I don't know how this last one would effect weight loss but if you like spice this is a plus) you could look up some mando foods so you know what I'm talking about.
  6. Aug 8, 2012, 10:34 PM - Re: So i decided i needed to drop a few.... #31

thanks guys!

Been hitting the gym twice a week with my trainer buddy. Gonna start going 3 times next week and when i return from C6. I also now have a membership at the planet fitness near my job where we train, so im not going on my freinds guest account anymore. I felt i was into it enough to get my own account.

Im sore, but its a good sore. the first couple of times was rough, but im getting used to it and starting to feel a little more energetic and upbeat already.