Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 29, 2009, 12:27 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #51

Quote KaanE said: View Post
    Do you think the commpad is a found item?
    I'm rather sure the compad part is...the watch band, probably found, but it looks like cast silicone...probably the same with the commpad rubber keys...probably the band and keys are custom.
  2. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 29, 2009, 12:55 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #52

Yes, the keys look modified. About the FN-5.7, it looks to be a rubber cast, not a real one, am I wrong?
    Jul 29, 2009, 1:08 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #53

No its a cast of some kind, because there is no break in the Magazine. On the real deal, there is a huge break line from the magazine and the grip. They probably cast one and sealed it to keep it from gunking the workings.
  4. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 29, 2009, 2:13 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #54

Quote Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    No its a cast of some kind, because there is no break in the Magazine. On the real deal, there is a huge break line from the magazine and the grip. They probably cast one and sealed it to keep it from gunking the workings.

That's what I said A cast of rubber or resin.
    Jul 29, 2009, 2:27 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #55

This just goes to show that Hollywood has ENTIRELY too much money. I'm pretty sure I could replicate those with some old Nike or Reebok high tops......

"Hey Guys! Let's spend 800 dollars on ONE CHARACTER'S shoes! and throw a little piece of leather on top to hide the laces"

I remember reading early on about the movie. There were early costume pics released for storm shadow. He was wearing either keds, or converse, and the fans went APE $h!t over it. Talking about how stupid that was. So they revamped it, and gave him 800 dollar shoes

Gotta love the fans. I believe the pics were on cienscape/mania, if anyones interested in digging.
    Jul 29, 2009, 2:51 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #56

Art? Do I see a Snake Eyes suit coming from you in the future ??

FP
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 29, 2009, 3:05 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #57

Looking at Storm Shadow... Snake Eyes... ehhh.. don't see it happening.... but might as well collect the part while they are available.
    Jul 29, 2009, 3:30 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #58

That's what I said A cast of rubber or resin.
    Lol, yeah I meant it as, "No, you are not wrong, it is a cast of resin or rubber" LOL

Should have been more grammatically noticeable. Sorry LOL
    Jul 29, 2009, 3:50 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #59

I'm collecting all the parts too, plus i'm making my Snake eyes costume. I already ordered the pistol, thanks guy for the information.
    Art Andrew, thanks for the incredible and fantastic photos, you guys are crazy, I did not believe you when you say photos with a ruler,
    This is better than any references photos of any kind, plus the Storm Shadow pistol out of the hoster, come on., How did you do it?
    Any way, thanks you.:thumbup
    Jul 29, 2009, 4:41 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #60

Quote MAULFETT said: View Post
    This is better than any references photos of any kind, plus the Storm Shadow pistol out of the hoster, come on., How did you do it?
    It's because Art Andrews is actually an Arashikage ninja clan member.
  11. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 29, 2009, 5:09 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #61

Quote Mr Fett said: View Post
    It's because Art Andrews is actually an Arashikage ninja clan member.
    Apparently not... because we got caught taking the pistol out and got yelled at... But we had to... this is why they put most things in glass... cause people like me just HAVE to touch them.
    Jul 29, 2009, 6:12 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #62

You're still a ninja because you got the pistol out long enough to place it on the ground and take multiple pictures of it before they managed to see you doing it. Try that with the Boba suit next time.
  13. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 29, 2009, 6:37 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #63

If they ever had the Boba suit touchable... I would have it under my arm and be running out the door!!! I would be that guy that you see on the grainy security cameras getting dog piled by 14 guards but clinging on to the Boba Helmet for dear life!
  14. Jul 30, 2009, 12:02 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #64

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    If they ever had the Boba suit touchable... I would have it under my arm and be running out the door!!! I would be that guy that you see on the grainy security cameras getting dog piled by 14 guards but clinging on to the Boba Helmet for dear life!
  15. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 30, 2009, 12:58 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #65

That was fun ART, I'm imagining it and bud...

I don't know if this is the correct thread because the title says 'Snake Eyes boots and gloves' but I have to ask this.

The Storm Shadow's pistol looks to be a toy gun modified with some ali parts. How did it feel on the hand, does it loks plastic? or resin?

Thanks ART
  16. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 1:00 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #66

You would have to ask Mirax. She was the one who actually picked it up. I had the camera in hand.
  17. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 30, 2009, 1:03 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #67

So... Mirax? Where are you? I ask because it looks to be a found item
  18. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 1:12 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #68

Here I am!!! Well, there were definitely metal parts to it but I would not say the entire pistol is metal. Now bear in mind, we were trying to be uber fast with doing our pics so I grabbed it quick, laid it down, then put it back in so there wasn't much time in handling it but it wasn't heavy. I would say most of it was probably resin. I would "think" it is a custom design but hey, if you can figure out what it actually is based off of, that would be great as I think that Baroness uses the same guns.
  19. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 1:32 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #69

BTW, I have some Snake Eyes pics on my facebook- not as nice as Art's but you can never have too much reference. facebook.com/starwarschick1 If you aren't a friend, just send me a request so you can view the pictures. They are in my comic con file.
  20. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 2:01 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #70

Pssttt... I uploaded your pics as well as mine to the gallery...
  21. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 30, 2009, 7:16 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #71

Thank you Mirax! I know you handled it a little bit of time, but... do you know if it felt hollow? Or just like a solid resin piece?

I ask because if it was a solid resin piece then the posibilities or odds to be a found item are like 10% I thought it could be a plastic chromed toy gun, like the ones sold at a fair, but if it's a solid piece then surely it's a custom design.

The answer to the why of my reasoning is because buying 2 or 3 plastic toys is cheaper than doing a mould so it wouldn't make sense to do resin casts of a CHEAP found item (the FN-5.7 is an EXPENSIVE found item ).
    Jul 30, 2009, 8:40 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #72

The pants look real similar to 5.11 TDU. Just the belt loops are a a little different. Could be earlier version or modified.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...50102/I/74280#
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 10:35 AM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #73

Thank you Mirax! I know you handled it a little bit of time, but... do you know if it felt hollow? Or just like a solid resin piece?

I ask because if it was a solid resin piece then the posibilities or odds to be a found item are like 10% I thought it could be a plastic chromed toy gun, like the ones sold at a fair, but if it's a solid piece then surely it's a custom design.

The answer to the why of my reasoning is because buying 2 or 3 plastic toys is cheaper than doing a mould so it wouldn't make sense to do resin casts of a CHEAP found item (the FN-5.7 is an EXPENSIVE found item ).
    I think it is HIGHLY likely that the body and possibly the grip are found items. Clearly, the front is a custom machined piece but I think the back-end is found. Oh and the buttplate seems to be custom as well.
  24. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Jul 30, 2009, 4:35 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #74

Oops, didn't realize you had uploaded them.

I honestly didn't really pay much attention to the gun other than getting it out of the holster really quick for a shot and then laying it out before they told us we couldn't do that.
    Aug 3, 2009, 5:59 PM - Re: Snake Eyes boots and gloves from GI Joe Movie #75

Hi, i just got the pistol, it looks too realistic, pretty, It is heavy, it made of half metal and half ....i believe some kind of hard plastic, It is nice, very nice gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8030384.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	35426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8030385.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	35427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8030386.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	35428  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8030387.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	35429