Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 2, 2014, 5:43 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #126

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Well said...dont the DP statues sell for more then this SS will cost anyways? Since theyre so rare and all?
    The prices I have seen them go for vary wildly. I am not a big fan of them, but some collectors see them as gold!
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 2, 2014, 5:47 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #127

I dont wanna hear it Mr....dont you have a DP helmet?
  3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 2, 2014, 5:56 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #128

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I dont wanna hear it Mr....dont you have a DP helmet?
    Heh heh. I do, because it is a great reminder of where we came from and the progress this community represents. I have a line of helmets, starting with the DP95 and progressing all the way to.. well, you know...
  4. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 4, 2014, 10:26 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #129

Quote Art Andrews said: View Post
    You are the ideal customer for Sideshow's 1:1 Fett. You love Fett and you would like something accurate, but you aren't insane about the accuracy. As many of our people have pointed out, this offering from Sideshow is simply not for them, nor was it ever intended to be. It is NOT wearable. It is going to be mass-produced, which means sacrifices will be made and someone in China who has never heard of Boba Fett will be in charge of all of the detailing. With that being said, if you want a MASSIVE step up from the Don Post statue, and you don't want to spend years building one yourself or wait a year+ for one of our members to build one for you, then this is the item for you!

My advice. Sell your DP Fett proto and put in an order for the Sideshow piece! Every aspect of it is better and you won't have to endure the pain that our members go through to put their costume together.
    Hey Art,

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering selling my DP statue and ordering the SS version, but my only concern is whether or not the factory workers in China will be able to get the details and paint right. I know the prototype looks fantastic, but I am worried about what the actual finished pieces will look like. I'd hate to spend that much money and have it come looking completely different than what Sideshow is showing in their previews. By the way, didn't a lot of guys from this forum help develop the statue and as far as accuracy, can you point out anything specific on it that looks wrong compared to some of the top notch fan-made pieces?

Regarding the price of the DP Fett, I have seen them go for as much as $11k in the past, but that was a while ago so I'm not sure what the going rate is now. There were less than 200 ever made so it's not something that comes up for sale very often, but I'm hoping I could at least get enough out of it to cover the SS statue if not a little bit more. The guy who bought my Rubies Vader gave me very good money for it so I'm sure he'd pay a premium for the Fett as he's already told me he wants it bad.

Thanks again!
  5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 4, 2014, 12:45 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #130

Quote Brent72 said: View Post
    Hey Art,

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering selling my DP statue and ordering the SS version, but my only concern is whether or not the factory workers in China will be able to get the details and paint right. I know the prototype looks fantastic, but I am worried about what the actual finished pieces will look like. I'd hate to spend that much money and have it come looking completely different than what Sideshow is showing in their previews.
    Sideshow has a record of pretty good quality control and I know that they are going above and beyond with their approach to the paint. I don't see any reason why it would look completely different. My expectation is that it will be slightly less detailed and slightly less cohesive, but again, you will still be in far better shape than you are now.

By the way, didn't a lot of guys from this forum help develop the statue and as far as accuracy, can you point out anything specific on it that looks wrong compared to some of the top notch fan-made pieces?
    They did which is why it is as good as it is.
  6. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 4, 2014, 1:18 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #131

I'm looking forward to what I assume will be the finished piece on display at SDCC in July. Hopefully someone here or at the RPF will take awesome, detailed pics since I won't be there to see it in person.
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 4, 2014, 2:15 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #132

I nominate art himself

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 4, 2014, 8:09 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #133

I'm looking forward to what I assume will be the finished piece on display at SDCC in July. Hopefully someone here or at the RPF will take awesome, detailed pics since I won't be there to see it in person.
    I seriously doubt they will display a production piece. I assume it will just be the prototype again.
  9. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 5, 2014, 1:27 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #134

Quote Art Andrews said: View Post
    I seriously doubt they will display a production piece. I assume it will just be the prototype again.
    Well, that's a bit disappointing. I was hoping to possibly see the actual finished piece that will be offered for sale. I am seriously considering one of these, but I won't pull the trigger until I can see how the paint and details turn out on the production pieces.
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 5, 2014, 2:43 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #135

I could be wrong, but typically they just keep displaying whatever they have already displayed.
    May 5, 2014, 6:03 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #136

I feel like we won't know exactly what they look like until one shows up at someone's door.
    May 5, 2014, 9:47 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #137

I was expecting a higher price tag to be honest, but looks pretty nice considering.
  13. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 5, 2014, 2:43 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #138

Quote Matty Matt said: View Post
    I feel like we won't know exactly what they look like until one shows up at someone's door.
    Wonder who the first guinea pig will be.

Like I said, I'll wait until someone shows off in hand pics before making my decision.
    May 12, 2014, 12:37 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #139

Um... *raises hand* Don't judge.

I have one ordered. I'm on the payment plan so I won't have it until February (unless I win the lottery) but I'll gladly post pictures and video once I have it. My hopes are high for it since some really talented people were involved.
  15. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 12, 2014, 1:21 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #140

Quote UMD_S4L said: View Post
    Um... *raises hand* Don't judge.

I have one ordered. I'm on the payment plan so I won't have it until February (unless I win the lottery) but I'll gladly post pictures and video once I have it. My hopes are high for it since some really talented people were involved.
    I don't think anyone will judge you for ordering one. As you said, many talented people on this forum helped in the creation process so I think everyone, myself included, is anxious to see how the finished product turns out.
    May 12, 2014, 4:25 PM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #141

I own virtually every Sideshow Fett item and by and large, they're all very nice (except the bust, which I was disappointed with) so my hopes are high. I like the idea of an accurate ready-made life size figure. I made my own a while back which is by no means prop accurate but even THAT took me a very long time to assemble. I look forward to adding the piece to my ever expanding collection and am equally excited about sharing images of it with the community.
    May 21, 2014, 6:44 AM - Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett #142

Looks brilliant