Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sideshow Life-Size Fett

Re: Sideshow Life-Size Fett

Lufo1138 said: View Post
    Are the boots from this going to be made available for TDH runs or did everybody involved basically sign away all rights to provide some of this fine work here?
    I just realized I missed this one. For obvious reasons, I'd rather not get into the minutia of our contracts and well, no offense intended, of course, but I feel that the thread about the release of an officially licensed product probably isn't the place to discuss buying parts.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Tom

This project was an amazing experience. One to remember for a lifetime ! HUGE thanks to Tom for bringing me aboard on this ! And of course, I would have never had the opportunity if not for Art Andrews and The Dented Helmet. This marks my own personal best, and a shining example of what so much collective talent can achieve with one common goal ! Each and every person involved worked their *****'s off. Everyone should be proud as hell. It came out BEAUTIFUL guys !

From
    Murrieta CA

Job well done Chris love the look of that new armor!!!

From
    Pennsylvania

Any word on price and availability? What about the full size HIC?

No word from Sideshow on pricing or release date yet, though I'd suspect they'll announce both at the same time when they do.

best,
    Tom

From
    Massachusetts

Beautiful work! Any chance this will be displayed at CVI as well?

kbrosseau said: View Post
    Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012

Lots of great pictures here. Great job everyone!
    Alex I am so in love with that helmet paintjob.
    Thanks Keegan, there are some new approaches we took to try and finalize all the correct colors/paints.. I for one think we came close. There will be a great committment from Sideshow to ensure they can replicate Every scrath exactly. It's pretty exciting but the production version should be just as great as the prototype.

Dave Myatt took all of those amazing shots for Rebelscum.com...indeed, Great pics!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

you gonna divulge any of those colors of paint alex?

From
    Murrieta CA

Man Alex one of these days I would love to talk paint and technique with you.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

So what do you think about the finished product?

chucky said: View Post
    I hope to be shocked. I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong,I just wish ss wouldn't release photos until the work us done. Look what they did with the boba fett bust, they release pictures with the pinched visor then produce it with the proper corrections. That's one good thing shout the company, they sometimes listen to criticism. I hope this folk size fett looks awesome although I won't be able to afford one either way.

From
    Northern California

Well, to be realistic it's not a finished product. The display is certainly impressive in every aspect. Sideshow is a great company but there are limitations to a mass produced piece. We haven't seen those limitations yet.

Craig

From
    NYC

Proud to have been on a winning team. On behalf of my costumer and myself...thanks for having us, Tom.

From
    Hamilton, ON, Canada

It looks awesome. Congrats to everyone who contributed to it. You should be very proud.

From
    Murrieta CA

Thought that was your boot!! So does this mean the project is back on!!

Dahone said: View Post
    Proud to have been on a winning team. On behalf of my costumer and myself...thanks for having us, Tom.

From
    Puerto Rico

SEEKER said: View Post
    That Jango looks horrible.
    yeah, i like just the helmet

So what makes this "non-wearable"? Looks like if you just add some padding in the helmet it'd pretty much be good to go, no? If it goes on a mannequin, why wouldn't it go on a person? Or am I being a bit slow here and not getting the finer points of legal speak?

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

For one, I think the feet are moulded solid plastic. Not that that would stop you from just getting a pair of your own boots. But it could of course be more things that are solid.

From
    Limerick, PA

I bet everything is glued on and you'd destroy a lot of the parts by trying to get them off.

From
    Dallas, TX

No, almost each piece of armor has pegs with very strong magnets attached to lock each piece into the body of the mannequin. Actually, the helmet is about the only piece you could somewhat wear if you wanted to.

Hey all,

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but regarding wearability, it's my understanding that is something that could potentially violate certain licenses with Lucasfilm, so this was always designed as a statue, not a wearable costume in any way.

I can also confirm that the current design of the helmet does not allow wearability (in order to achieve the pose ability it requires changes that don't allow it to be wearable) and the feet will likely be solid (they are on the prototype).

Assuming the reversible knees feature (which I love!) makes it through production, the only pieces that would potentially have magnets will be the knees and the chest panel with the LED (for battery access), possibly the thumbs for blaster assembly, depending how they do the final production of it. Every other piece will be a permanent part of the statue via blocks/keys that lock each element to the body form below.

Hope that is some help!

best,
    Tom

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for allowing me to be apart of this amazing project. Special thanks to Art, Alex, Jason, Chris, Philip and Tom.

I feel a Ralph McQuarrie concept fett coming!

Best,
    Christian
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Jul 17, 2012 at 6:59 AM.

From
    Pennsylvania

Looks like I'll be selling a a kidney or two to get one of these. I hope that they aren't too expensive and if they are there will be a payment plan. I want one. Or do I want a HIC? Argh why can't I be rich.

From
    Modesto, California

It looks good guys, should be proud to be able to make and display such a great piece for anyone to have. I'm curious how much one of these bad boys will run and since its Sideshow, if the prototype will match the production quality.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jul 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM.

deadland said: View Post
    Man Alex one of these days I would love to talk paint and technique with you.
    Anytime, love that stuff too.

Here is one of my favorite pics taken.. to me it shows the depth in which I painted all the armor pieces for this version. IMO prob the best ESB I've painted to date.

additional pics here: Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

From
    Murrieta CA

[QUOTE=Spideyfett;580637]Anytime, love that stuff too.

I will take you up on that one of these days real soon. I also found this selection of pics on Rebelscum.com of just the lid Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012. I think this shows quite well how this piece will not be wearable.