I posted acouple of shots of this in another thread asking if I should take my blaster on Halloween. But I thought I should start another thread to show this costume off properly.
I'll start with the obvious, which is a BIG thanks to all those who've made this experience a pleasure, people who've done the hard work first and provided guidance, templates and advice for others to follow. I know it's all been said before and is somewhat a cliche but hey without TDH this would've been nigh on impossible.
As the title says this is all scratch built. Nothing has been purchased except the materials with which to fabricate parts and that includes the soft parts too. It's taken about six months to get this far and of course it's not done yet, much tinkering will be done over the course of the next year.
The Armour and Gauntlets were built from sintra, using the templates from WOF. The Helmet was also done this way but was then cast in Biresin G26. The paint job on the helmet was copied from the breakdown given by Terminal Fettler and although it's not of his standard I'm really pleased with my first attempt with a mix of layered and topical.
The ammo belt was inspired by 99cent Taco's posts of his workable version and that's what I went for. The pouches are constructed of sintra and covered in pvc fabric, one of which holds the battery pack for the chest lights that was modified from a bicycle rear light.
The observant ones among you will notice a Jango in some pics. This is my mate who fancied having a go at the last minute. His helmet is from the same cast as mine and his ammo belt and Westars were built by me for a Jango project that never happened. All the rest was built by him in about a month and a half.
Aww!! Father and Son together again.
I forgot to mention that the Jet Pack is constructed from foamies using WOF templates. I didn't even notice I had it on. Light doesn't begin to describe it.
A better shot to show some of the paintwork. The symbols were all hand painted.
Oh and one more point for those who want to know. The paintjob for the hard parts was rattlecans and freehand as I don't own an airbrush.\
Thanks for looking.