Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Dec 13, 2007, 1:33 PM - Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #1

    It would be like how he became a bounty hunter
    and stuff like that. Is that a good TV show idea?
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,861
    Dec 13, 2007, 1:42 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #2

    Let me think about that ... um, yes!
  3. Dec 13, 2007, 1:47 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #3

    Who would play Boba Fett though?
    Would it be the same person who played him in Episode
    II, or would they pick someone else!
  4. Keegan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    546
    Dec 13, 2007, 2:06 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #4

    Not at all IMO. Boba Fett needs to go back to being the silent badguy with cool looking armor. Not some tragic hero who has a face, life, and feelings.
    In the live action TV show I really hope they don't tell a story or two from his point of view. They should feature him from his good guy target's point of view and have him be really BA with all his weapons. Kinda Obi-Wan vs Jango style.
  5. ItsThatGuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    Dec 13, 2007, 2:16 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #5

    I think Daniel Logan is a jerk...but that was just my expierences with him... So I say no to him playing Boba.
  6. SarlaccBits's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,409
    Dec 13, 2007, 2:22 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #6

    I would watch a Boba show - every week - without fail... however I dont think it would be a good idea per-say. Boba is so cool because he is so mysterious... with all that they have already shown us with EP II plus the books and such they have already taken away a lot of his mystique.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Dec 13, 2007, 2:40 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #7

    Quote ItsThatGuy said: View Post
    I think Daniel Logan is a jerk...but that was just my expierences with him... So I say no to him playing Boba.
    Haha, Daniel Logan is an interesting person. I'm sure he would be playing Boba regardless of his attitude. I've only met him a few times though, so I can't really say. A lot of these Neo-Star Wars stars can be pretty weird.
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 Silver Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    364
    Dec 13, 2007, 3:19 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #8

    I would love to see a Boba Fett show. But can it ever happen? I think so eventually. Lets keep are hopes up.
  9. DL44 Blaster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,935
    Dec 13, 2007, 3:23 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #9

    No.....the character has been exploited enough with the advent of Jango
  10. Rat_Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    319
    Dec 13, 2007, 4:11 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #10

    Not at all, it would just tick me off week after week.
    I agree with those that miss the mystery of Fett.
  11. shortimer52's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,287
    Dec 13, 2007, 7:04 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #11

    Quote DL44 Blaster said: View Post
    No.....the character has been exploited enough with the advent of Jango

    What he said.
  12. Dec 13, 2007, 7:40 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #12

    Heck Yes! I'd even volunteer to play Mr Fett
  13. SOLOCHASER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    343
    Dec 13, 2007, 7:56 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #13

    i think it would be amazing if they made one and i don't think they should stop there. It would be wicked cool if Lucas made a Jango Fett movie (Maybe the darkhorse origin story or a bounty placed on everyone's favorite Gungan...hmm...well maybe no gungans, just a bounty with sith.
  14. InfraFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    763
    Dec 13, 2007, 8:22 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #14

    I don't mind Boba in a show, just not a show focusing completely on him. A show sorta like Shadows of the Empire style would be good for Boba.
  15. SinisterFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    313
    Dec 14, 2007, 3:33 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #15

    I think a Boba Fett T.V show would be awesome. But as with most things it would have to be done right so as not to bastardise the character. My thoughts? Well I think it'd have to be aimed at an adult audience and it would need the darkness of ESB and the helmet would have to stay on, he needs to be this faceless entity that strikes fear into the hearts of his bounties, so the idea of having the stories told from his targets point of view is a good one but the scope his there to hear it from his side too.
    I'm suprised Lucas hasn't jumped on this idea already!!
  16. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Dec 14, 2007, 10:50 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #16

    Quote SarlaccBits said: View Post
    I would watch a Boba show - every week - without fail... however I dont think it would be a good idea per-say. Boba is so cool because he is so mysterious... with all that they have already shown us with EP II plus the books and such they have already taken away a lot of his mystique.
    Thankyou Sarlaac Bits. Enough Boba. His Mystery is what carries him. Let's just keep it at that.

    And for the rest of my friends here........

    Sniff on.....And keep on Sniffing!

    The Sniffer has left this post rather frustrated.
  17. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    Dec 14, 2007, 11:01 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #17

    I have to agree with those that are relatively *against* the idea (especially Kbrosseau). Although it would be kind of cool to see (I'd be more in it for the "Eye Candy" with the SPFX), I would most likely *regret* it when it is all said and done if it did come to fruition. Bitter sweet. Simply because as those have already said, he's a mysterious character (was anyway), and should remain that way. That's what attracted each and every one of us to him in the first place. Not the "Tragic Hero, with a name, face and feelings".

    For the sake of wanting to see *him* and what he's capable of (the *eyecandy* I spoke of) in the live action show, he needs to be the typical recurring *badguy* (with no further backstory) that no one can quite get a hold of ("his good guy target's point of view"). That way, we keep the mystery, but get to see how he got all them cool *dents and scratches*

    Now THAT is back story to me

    FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Dec 14, 2007 at 11:43 AM.
  18. saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,866
    Dec 14, 2007, 11:23 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #18

    Quote DL44 Blaster said: View Post
    No.....the character has been exploited enough with the advent of Jango
    saint nasty has blessed the post with truth and holiness.
  19. fettpride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,654
    Dec 14, 2007, 11:41 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #19




    FP
  20. never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,158
    Dec 14, 2007, 12:12 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #20

    Quote fettpride said: View Post
    I have to agree with those that are relatively *against* the idea (especially Kbrosseau). Although it would be kind of cool to see (I'd be more in it for the "Eye Candy" with the SPFX), I would most likely *regret* it when it is all said and done if it did come to fruition. Bitter sweet. Simply because as those have already said, he's a mysterious character (was anyway), and should remain that way. That's what attracted each and every one of us to him in the first place. Not the "Tragic Hero, with a name, face and feelings".

    For the sake of wanting to see *him* and what he's capable of (the *eyecandy* I spoke of) in the live action show, he needs to be the typical recurring *badguy* (with no further backstory) that no one can quite get a hold of ("his good guy target's point of view"). That way, we keep the mystery, but get to see how he got all them cool *dents and scratches*

    Now THAT is back story to me

    FP
    well said.

    I'd still be for it I think. I see it almost like the comic book movies (whole different can of worms) the backstories may be different than how they were first written in the comics, but they have been rewritten so many times anyways. The Smallville/Superman story would be a good example of this. Certain things about the TV show change the original movies/comics. Smallville is still declaired "official" by DC. There's several different "versions" of Boba's backstory out there in different sources too. No single version needs to be the "right" one per say. something that happened a "long long time ago" could be something of an "oral tradition" story rather than exact facts. Stories change depend on who's telling them.

    I'm rambling now...I'll stop
  21. DL44 Blaster's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,935
    Dec 14, 2007, 1:22 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #21

    Quote fettpride said: View Post
    I have to agree with those that are relatively *against* the idea (especially Kbrosseau). Although it would be kind of cool to see (I'd be more in it for the "Eye Candy" with the SPFX), I would most likely *regret* it when it is all said and done if it did come to fruition. Bitter sweet. Simply because as those have already said, he's a mysterious character (was anyway), and should remain that way. That's what attracted each and every one of us to him in the first place. Not the "Tragic Hero, with a name, face and feelings".

    For the sake of wanting to see *him* and what he's capable of (the *eyecandy* I spoke of) in the live action show, he needs to be the typical recurring *badguy* (with no further backstory) that no one can quite get a hold of ("his good guy target's point of view"). That way, we keep the mystery, but get to see how he got all them cool *dents and scratches*

    Now THAT is back story to me

    FP

    .........which is why I keep the fanfilm "Bounty Trail" on my hard drive for the time to time Fett geek out I crave. I've yet to see a better rendition regarding Fett in a post OT venue. It's probably as good as we're gonna get to see "him" in action besides ESB.......
  22. never_ending_fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,158
    Dec 14, 2007, 2:19 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #22

    Quote DL44 Blaster said: View Post
    .........which is why I keep the fanfilm "Bounty Trail" on my hard drive for the time to time Fett geek out I crave. I've yet to see a better rendition regarding Fett in a post OT venue. It's probably as good as we're gonna get to see "him" in action besides ESB.......
    that was a great fanfilm! Kinda follows Shadows a littlebit I think
  23. Kripps's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    203
    Dec 14, 2007, 2:51 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #23

    Nope. No show.
    I can just see it now........Every show somehow gets into some silly romantic interest thing and that would make me oh so............

    Basically........what FP said.
  24. SarlaccBits's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,409
    Dec 14, 2007, 3:16 PM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #24

    Oh man, I didnt even consider the romantic aspects that they would toss in.... OH THE HORROR!
  25. SinisterFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    313
    Dec 15, 2007, 3:55 AM - Re: Should there be a TV show all about Boba Fett? #25

    Oh NO! Romance. Don't even go there

Similar Threads

  1. (SHOW OFF) 100% scratchbuilt Boba
    By SinisterFett in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 11:12 PM
  2. Fett has taken over a Weird Al show
    By mandosoldier in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 20, 2008, 8:20 PM
  3. New Reference DVD - Boba Fett/Jango Fett/Zam Wesell
    By Art Andrews in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 6, 2008, 11:57 AM
  4. Show-off ESB Boba
    By Darthmagpie in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2004, 4:07 PM