Subscribe
    Jun 28, 2009, 6:57 PM - Should I try again??? #1

So last year I started to get my "feet wet" by trying my hand at building a "bucket".I started out wanting to build a Fett lid but then it went in a direction of a At-St driver.Well that did not go as planned not to give up I went in a "mandalorian" direction.When I sharred what I had completed here some of the input was favorable but some was ...well rude.So I took it the wrong way a destoried what I had started.
    So last night I caught a little but of The Clone Wars episode Trespass.The clone trooper wore a different lid for the Hoth like enviroment and it reminded me of what I had done.
    I still have the template of what I had built so do you think I could "pull off" making a Trooper lid like what was in the episode??

Jun 28, 2009, 7:50 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #2

Never quit doing something you want to do, despite negative things people say about your work. I say you should have another go. It is a great feeling to complete a helmet or anything for that matter, because you know how much hard work went into it. So go 4 it
  3. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jun 28, 2009, 7:54 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #3

The helmet from the clone wars looks like the inclement weather helmet as worn by CDR Bacara. I saw a thread by EVO 3 who is making a phase 1 clone IWH which may be inspirational.

Re the previous helmet, it is hard to judge something that is far from finished, especially when it is an unknown quantity. What I would say is no prop maker made a perfect finished prop first time out, but they learned a lot in doing it.

Give it a shot.

Bobby
    Jun 28, 2009, 7:58 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #4

I think it looks pretty cool
    Jun 28, 2009, 8:26 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #5

Quote SinisterFett said: View Post
    Never quit doing something you want to do, despite negative things people say about your work. I say you should have another go. It is a great feeling to complete a helmet or anything for that matter, because you know how much hard work went into it. So go 4 it
    Enough said! Go for it, bro! Keep us posted! I think it looks pretty cool also!
    Jun 28, 2009, 9:16 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #6

Skip is working on his Snow Clone here...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=32581

So I'm pretty sure you could pull it off too! It was a great start for sure
    Jun 28, 2009, 9:45 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #7

I, for one, believe that you learn more from failure than success. The only thing that really matters is: did you enjoy working on your helmet? Did you learn from your first try? Beyond that, who really cares what those who don't contribute anything think, comment, or do?

It looks like a nice bucket. Only you can say whether or not you are happy with it, and only you will know if you will be happy doing a second one.

I say: Do what you want, as long as you enjoy it. When you don't enjoy it any longer, go do something else.
    Jun 29, 2009, 4:37 AM - Re: Should I try again??? #8

Well said, I fully agree with Clonesix on this, its your project, your helmet, and I applaud anyone who makes something completely from scratch, I have tried it before and not been very successful but I know I WILL try it again
    Jun 29, 2009, 11:58 AM - Re: Should I try again??? #9

Try and try again, that´s how you end up making the best stuff. I too want to try molding and making my own stuff, and I know I´ll probably fail more than I succeed. But it´s a learning process.

You´re off to a great start and keep fine tuning your skills and learn as you go!
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Jun 29, 2009, 3:28 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #10

Hi Mike,

Definetely GO FOR IT! I agree with all of the well placed words here!

Jun 29, 2009, 7:48 PM - Re: Should I try again??? #11

Do or Do not, there is no try

Just do it