Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Selina Kyle from start to finish.

Selina Kyle from start to finish.

This was a huge project for me ! By the time I acquired all my resources i had less then three days to fully complete the suit!
    Here is where the madness started,

i have always been a HUGE comic book fan, I was just a little girl when batman returns came out , but in my opinion it was probably the last cool thing Tim Burton had graced us with, haha i was fascinated with his vision of Catwoman , i never really thought my face was built right for that mask in particular so , I experimented with some regular eyeshadow and junk makeup. Yep , laugh go ahead

The more i looked at the make up job , the more i wanted to make a suit
    so i did!
    first i got a mask.

interesting thing about this mask is , i had to hide my hair in it , my hair is past my tailbone. yep , that was a project on its own . After securing my hair to my head, I had sewn bra clasp like clamps to the slit down the back of the mask to seal it off completely once it was on
    Now i needed my suit ,
    this was a rough patch , my suit came EXTREMELY late

and then all the customization (video i had made for the hunters lair)
    YouTube - makin a catwoman costume kinda sideways...

and done!
    [IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/***.jpg[/IMG]
    haha i made that prawn costume in between making my own, and the guy dressed as a prisoner , well he asked me to make him into a zombie prisoner so i was like ..absolutely ,we were on a train to the city so i put womans makeup on him and then i was like turn around i gotta put blood on you , and i dumped stage blood on his butt , im sure you guys can figure out what i made him into LOL

Re: Selina Kyle from start to finish.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...hORdie/***.jpg This is the last one that did not show up , stupid photobucket :P

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

Three days?! Great job

From
    Murrieta Ca.

WOW! Looks great!

Thanks guys , it was rough all that stitching , my hands were like swiss cheese i poked myself so many times! After a while i was sewing in serial killer gloves lol!

That's alright every good costrume has a bit of it's owners blood built in. My fett has about 8 stitches worth of mine. The catwoman looks great, and man 3 days? my Fett has taken about 4 years now and I'm still tweaking and replacing.

i would assume a fett costume would take A LOT more care and attention , the batman returns catwoman was meant to look ,roughed up stitched all over and there is really not much to it , well besides trying to survive while wearing it lol, i really look forward to making a female boba fett suit , im goin nuts trying to figure out what i am going to need , the dent in my wallet it will cause and if you lost some blood ill probably lose my leg in the process! lol... im really stoked about this though ... i have been doing my homework all over the internet trying to figure out how to build a helmet from scratch but i dont think its happening any time soon LOL ...as far as costume making goes im on the short yellow buss...ill keep my eyes open for sellers on here :>

I'd suggest buying a helmet and making the armor. When people look at each other, the focus tends to be the face, so you want that to be the best.

I got to see the original catwoman suit at the museum of modern art in NYC a while ago. It was pretty rough looking at this point. And TINY! I had no idea she was so small!

Yeah , my laytex suit is embarrassingly tiny! hahah it has to fit skin tight though! So you are even mildly putting stress on it , it almost looks like the material is fighting to stay on your body! I have to agree with you on the helmet i will definitely buy a helmet! Since i am not going for a traditional male boba fett suit either the costume design can be very flexible , i will probably sketch a few concepts :->

From
    QUEENS, NEW YORK

that suit looks awesome girl! havent that good of a catwoman outfit. ive some close but that 1 def tops the cake.

thank ya :->

From
    NYC

Hats' off to you.
    That came out real nice. I can't think of a Catwoman version that had long hair.....but I'm sure it would be very cool if done right....wink-wink!

Thank you dahone, i could only imagine long hair being awful for a catwoman ... its like a roap attached to your head !

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Roar!

Dahone said: View Post
    Hats' off to you.
    That came out real nice. I can't think of a Catwoman version that had long hair.....but I'm sure it would be very cool if done right....wink-wink!
    there have been a bunch of incarnations of the character with long hair:

Selina kyle with hair , yes ...but this is the mess i am dealing with ... and it is way worse now ! this was a long time ago

From
    Murrieta CA

WOW!!! You got all that up into that cap that is just insane.

Girly youtube tutorials about bobby pins :-< ....so much brain damage from girly tutorials.

wow. that is REALLY impressive. my wife's hair isn't NEARLY that long and she has a tough time getting it under a wig, never mind a little latex cap like that!

lol it was not easy , taking it off while intoxicated was even harder .

From
    Sacramento, CA

Great job!... Are you a member of the Brotherhood of the Bat? I have the same handle over there, I'm sure you'd get awesome reviews over there as well.

Sean
    Last edited by batmann539; Dec 30, 2010 at 5:28 PM.

Oh awesome i will check it out tomorrow night :->

From
    Cheshire, UK

Very nice Costume! Hope to see some pics with Batman soon!

Mandalorian Guard said: View Post
    Very nice Costume! Hope to see some pics with Batman soon!
    cant find a batman around here :-<

wow, i would think you'd have bats beating down your doors! go to dragon*con. you won't be able to get away from them!!