Secret Service Badge

From
    Kansas

Secret Service Badge

Does anyone have one or would be willing to make one.

I need this for a costume prank Im doing. Any help would be GREAT.

Thanks
    ~Luke

Re: Secret Service Badge

i think that it's a little bit less than legal to copy stuff like that. i'm not 100%, but i thought that reproducing a real badge was bad. unless that's a movie thing that i'm missing.

From
    Orlando, FL

Yea I am positive that is aganist the law. I am not a lawyer but I am sure this goes into the "impersonating an officer of a law" law.

From
    The Cold Widwest

*Slips badge off of belt*.....What? Ya, thats illegal, you should never do that.

From
    East Coast, Singapore

Can't you get one of the 'legal' ones from a costume store? Same basic shape but maybe alittle smaller and reworded with some crazy special 007 agent tag? Probably comes with a standard issue sidearm and cuffs.

From
    Kansas

Its not like im going to use it illegally*hides secret plans*. I just need to make it so I can trick my friend into believing what he has done has alerted the secret service.

From
    Chi-town

It's Illegal to Copy Any Federal Badge. Even if it just looks close to the real one. You can get smaller onees not full size.

Augie

From
    Sweden

It's illegal to impersonate law enforcement, and I suspect that law reach as far as badge, since it does cover uniforms and equipment as far as I know.

From
    Maine, US

In case anybody wants it in official writing;

"TITLE 18, PART 1, CHAPTER 33, Sec. 701. - Official badges, identification cards, other insignia

Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge, identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by the head of any department or agency of the United States for use by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia, or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both

TITLE 18, PART 1, CHAPTER 33, Sec. 716. - Police badges

(a) Whoever -

(1) knowingly transfers, transports, or receives, in interstate or foreign commerce, a counterfeit police badge;

(2) knowingly transfers, in interstate or foreign commerce, a genuine police badge to an individual, knowing that such individual is not authorized to possess it under the law of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police;

(3) knowingly receives a genuine police badge in a transfer prohibited by paragraph (2); or

(4) being a person not authorized to possess a genuine police badge under the law of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police, knowingly transports that badge in interstate or foreign commerce, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.

(b) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that the badge is used or is intended to be used exclusively -

(1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit;

(2) for decorative purposes;

(3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or

(4) for any other recreational purpose.

(c) As used in this section -

(1) the term ''genuine police badge'' means an official badge issued by public authority to identify an individual as a law enforcement officer having police powers; and

(2) the term ''counterfeit police badge'' means an item that so resembles a police badge that it would deceive an ordinary individual into believing it was a genuine police badge"

http://www.epolicesupply.com/title_18

..and if that's just the police, I'm sure the Secret Service isn't going to be any more forgiving. Even so, I'm not sure convincing your buddy he's in trouble is considered a defense by the "recreational" clauses listed.

From
    The Cold Widwest

photograph
    So wer'e preety much gonna all be charged with consipracy for the above image?

From
    North Carolina

jodo said: View Post
    So wer'e preety much gonna all be charged with consipracy for the above image?
    Well, given today's political climate coupled with the global ramifications of internal terrorists organizations, a heightened state of readiness of armed forces through the world, searching algoriams of the US intelligence service and the general concern shown by the government for care and welfare of its citizens...

yeah, we're all gonna be arrested.

Charlie

From
    Centreville, Virginia, United States

*Shows Military I.D.* It's okay! I'm with the Government!

...yeah, even though it's been dug into the ground, that's illegal. Just like it's illegal to wear a 100% accurate Military uniform (especially Officer) unless you are serving, retired, ect. That's why you see so many deficiencies on uniforms in Holly Wood, same with Law Enforcement/Government Agencies.

-Cit

From
    Massachusetts

I wouldn't do it if I were you.

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

If I am not mistaken, impersinating an officer is a Federal Offense. So it will more than likely be worse than just a broken law.

From
    Kansas

lets all forget this ever happened and just back away slowly

From
    United States

fettfan54 said: View Post
    lets all forget this ever happened and just back away slowly
    You might actually want to do that. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if a special agent didn't show up at your door. Just a heads up.