In Search of the Dented Helmet

In Search of the Dented Helmet

Hey gang my name is Robert, I have recently gained alot of interest in the idea of doing a Fett costume. I was wondering is there a difference in the difficulty of the costumes? I mean is one version of Boba Fett that I should start with to get the hang of all this suit making. I have my 7 piece syntra armor ordered and coming in the mail. Still looking for cost effective ways to go with the other stuff. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Robert

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Re: In Search of the Dented Helmet

Not really any difference in difficulty between each version of Fett, they all have their own little quirks.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

I would suggest doing a custom mando first. you can still base it on a Boba or Jango but you could get by with some things that are not 100% accurate.. thats just my 2cents!!

I like the term loosely based..lol

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Well, the best way to determine how much it is gonna run ya is this thread

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17421

Believe me it will take time to put everything together, and it never seems completely accurate enough! I can't stop upgrading!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

As GCNGamer said, there really isn't a different in the level of complexity from suit to suit. Really what will determine the difficulty and cost is how close you want your final suit to be to the suits seen on screen. The closer the accuracy the more difficult and costly the build will be. Many go the "dented variant" route because it bypasses any notion of accuracy which allows for a greater freedom of creativity and allows you to adjust the level of difficulty and cost more readily because within the dented variants, there is no real right or wrong.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

If you want to stick with one of the movie versions of the costume but are concerned with cost and difficulty you could always go with something that the casual fan would recognize as being boba fett and as you build up your skills gradually replace parts and/or repaint things to be more screen accurate.

for a good quality helmet at a good price I would look for the sgt fang or for the tighter budget MB makes a vaccuformed helmet kit that several people here have made to look very good.

for gauntlets again, good quality at a good price check into ruffkintoy, or again MB makes a set for a tighter budget, but they are a little small, which if you are shorter or have short arms isn't that big of an issue.

From
    Waltham, MA

like others said, the suits are all roughly the same complexity wise.

rotj has a ton of colors on it, where esb has less. but esb has another gun and holster, less reference, more complicated gauntlets, etc...