Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 16, 2008, 5:51 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #51

I used Hot glue... great in a pinch.
    and removable IF you don't go crazy.
    Oct 17, 2008, 12:48 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #52

Made some awesome progress tonight.
    Finished assembling the gauntlets, now all thats left on those is to add some padding on the inside of the shells and then paint em.

And to put the missile on there and the hose too.

I tried hot gluing in the visor and it only held for about ten minutes then slipped out when I wasn't looking.

It's finally at a point right now, where I am actually PROUD of it! Since hot gluing and holding it in place for ten minutes didn't do the trick, i will go with trying the t-bolt method. The visor is seriously making me mad, I think I left it in the box for too long before opening it, so the unnatural curve from being crammed in there is not liking the curve of the helmet.

Got my Fettronics light board today (absolutely awesome, I might add) and cut the chest slots to fit.

Until Monday I will only have 1 day to work on stuff, Saturday. So I plan to add foam inside the gauntlets, and attach all the armor to the vest. After that all that is left is to just finish painting the armor and gauntlets.
    It's all downhill from here!
    Oct 17, 2008, 1:02 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #53

Ah one pic I forgot about.
    Wearing the helmet real quick, sometime before the visor popped out.

Need to get a real camera with good flash:o
    Oct 17, 2008, 1:42 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #54

As you said, not the best pics, but from what I can see, I Like the helmet alot!!! Good job!!
    D
    Oct 17, 2008, 3:28 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #55

looks great!!
    Oct 17, 2008, 9:09 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #56

Thanks again guys.
    Oct 17, 2008, 9:21 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #57

Your costume is looking really great

With the visor issue, i basically JB welded short 5mm bolts / screws to the inside of the lid and then drill holes through the visor. Holds it really really well once the nuts are tightened. The trick is to make sure that the surfaces between the screws and lid are really well keyed, and then (really, really important) make sure the JB weld overlaps the screw heads. If you don't do this final step the screws will just snap off.

good luck buddy
    Oct 20, 2008, 9:16 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #58

Made a bit of progress this weekend.
    Attached all the armor to the vest with industrial strength velcro. After trimming all the plates just a little bit, it all fits nicely when I put the vest on.
    I padded the inside of the gauntlets and used velcro to keep them shut. They fit perfectly!
    Got my hose from Ivan, aka BoomerFett (thanks buddy!) and now these babies are ready to be painted. Already primed, going to put the silver on tonight.
    Going to start painting the armor tonight too. Already got the primer and silver on. Just need to do the bits of yellow, then green on top.
    Need to finish painting the knees too, they are silver right now. Going to put the yellowish orange on tonight.
    Need to also get to the craft store tonight and get some elastic straps for the thong and knee straps.

That should be it for tonight. Going to worry about the visor issue and padding the helmet tomorrow when I'm in between layers of paint.

Only one pic for right now. Test fitting the vest with armor on it, before I put the collar and shouler pieces on. But those fit on great too!

Oh yeah, you can only see his legs, but I got a freaking sweet Boba shirt at HotTopic. Check it out here: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...=1224508564164
  9. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Oct 20, 2008, 12:43 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #59

cool brother!! maybe i need to get to a contest to hustle my lazy butt up!! great work!! glad to see you got thru the gauntlets...awesome job...love the armor, looks like you got it to work perfect....
    Oct 20, 2008, 11:48 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #60

Met my quota for tonight.

Got my bootspikes from BobaMaker today. Gauntlets in the background with coat of silver.

Put on some yellow to the armor, misted with a bit of black because it was too bright. Doesn't look quite that dirty as it is in the pic, and it's way too shiny right now.

Shoulder and knees with yellow. Again, too bright so I misted with a tiny bit of white to lighten it up a bit and make the yellow look a bit faded, like it had been left out in the sun for days. They aren't as light as the picture makes them look.

Tomorrow I NEED to finish mounting the visor!
    Then I will put some of the yellowish orange on the knees and shoulders. And some green on the armor. And attach the cod and kidney, and maybe I'll get to the craft store to get elastic straps. I should since I'll be out to Lowe's getting t-bolts anyway.
    Oh yeah, put the burgundy on the gauntlets too.
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:04 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #61

Starting to come together, and looking great bud!
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:07 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #62

Haha!!!!! thanks man, it's looking better and better everyday. I shake with excitement when I think about taking home that big bounty when it's all said and done.
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:10 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #63

oya ner'vod
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:30 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #64

Quote Cod'ika said: View Post
    oya ner'vod
    Although I am sure it is nothing but kind words, a translation would help those of us who don't know Mando'a.
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:45 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #65

"good hunting brother" lol
    Oct 21, 2008, 12:54 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #66

Hah! Thanks brother!
    I actually started to search through Traviss' dictionary and attempted to decode that.
    Oct 21, 2008, 1:35 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #67

lol yeah im slowly learning they language lol, im really impressed with your progress, your kits coming together nicely
  18. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Oct 21, 2008, 9:18 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #68

almost there....AAlmost Theere...stay on target, staaaay on target!!

looking totally awesome brother!! love the boots, i need to put my spikes on as well...armor looks great, everything!!
    Oct 21, 2008, 9:28 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #69

Many thanks!
    Oct 21, 2008, 9:57 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #70

I was looking at your parts list and I see that you have the ammo belt from CostumeBase. While it is a fine product for the price, when it comes out of the box the pouches are WAAAAY to shiny for my taste. You'll want to use some steel wool or sandpaper to take that shine off. It looks a lot better that way (IMO).

Good luck!
    Oct 21, 2008, 10:26 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #71

Quote ShocKNurse said: View Post
    I was looking at your parts list and I see that you have the ammo belt from CostumeBase. While it is a fine product for the price, when it comes out of the box the pouches are WAAAAY to shiny for my taste. You'll want to use some steel wool or sandpaper to take that shine off. It looks a lot better that way (IMO).

Good luck!

Thanks man, I already did! I noticed too that it was way too shiny and too new and clean looking. Some wire wool did the trick, and it is a decent temp until I can upgrade to a Taco later on down the road.
    Oct 21, 2008, 5:57 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #72

oh...and don't forget to add your grommets to the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC280654.JPG 
Views:	325 
Size:	563.4 KB 
ID:	28386  
    Oct 21, 2008, 9:44 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #73

Quote ShocKNurse said: View Post
    oh...and don't forget to add your grommets to the back.
    Ah thanks, forgot about that. But it is probably last on the list of things I will need to do before the contest. Eventually though, I will. And thanks again.
    Oct 22, 2008, 10:24 AM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #74

Argh, yesterday kinda sucked. Spent too much time dawdling and had to rush to get everything I wanted done, before going to bed. Although I completed what I had set for myself to do, I was up way too late doing it.
    Also it was really windy yesterday, and got orange and green paint all over the driveway My dad won't be happy about that, but I did lay down plenty of newspaper! Just didn't expect the mist to be carried so far. Oh well, on to some pics.

Heres the gauntlets, can't wait to take the masking off, and then do the bottom halves.

Here's the knees before the brighter yellowish orange.

Here is the armor before I put the green on,

And after, (I can't wait to take the masking off and put the decal on and install the lightboard!)

The shoulders are back there, but don't look all that great, once I put the decal on and take off the masking it will look better.

Also j-b welded the bolts in the helmet. Let's hope I lined the bolts up to the holes in the visor this time!
    Forgot to get elastic for the knees.

Tonight: take off masking on all the aforementioned stuff, paint cod, kidney and back, and install darts and straps to the knees.
    Paint lower half of gauntlets. Bolt in visor.
    Tomorrow: possible test fitting of everything???
  25. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Oct 22, 2008, 12:42 PM - Re: SE Fett and Costume Contest (pic intensive) #75

great job brother!! you are going to be done in no time...!! need pics of the stuff all done and in use!! keep it up brother!!