Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Say it aint so!!!

From
    Western Springs, IL

Say it aint so!!!

Just wondering what other peoples' thoughts are about this:

Dark Horse Comics: Boba Fett is Dead
    Beloved bounty hunter Boba Fett is dead – but who killed him? – GeekOut - CNN.com Blogs

Anybody read this comic?

Re: Say it aint so!!!

I say kill him! Everyone seems to think of Fett as this unkillable god-mod character, maybe this will kill some of the silly hype and fan-fic of him taking on sith, ect. To me, he died in the Sarlacc in Jedi so this is all just artists playing in George's sandbox

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States
    Didn't have a chance to grab it today but you know darn well he won't be dead.

From
    Corbin, Ky

That's like Superman dying...

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Hopefully its actually that Jodo Kast guy in the suit dead...

Say it aint so!!!

He's dead...I killed him
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

nah, he aint dead. He's just retired and sitting on a beach with Elvis

From
    Murrieta Ca.
    Fettistics said: View Post
    He's dead...I killed him
    Nah...hes a 2-Pak kind a guy..maybe on the beach somewhere w kurt cobain?
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Murfreesboro, TN

So he mentions continuity with EU, etc, but also mentions Vader. Boba far outlives Vader in the books, so I wonder how they are going to swing that one.

I am not a comic reader, but I am intrigued now.

I think the question here is not who would want to kill him, because that would probably be just about everyone... But rather, who is actually good enough to kill him?

I'd say no one. In my mind, he'll live on forever <3

From
    Yorkshire, United Kingdom

I enjoyed 'Blood Ties' by the same creative team, so I'm looking forward to this.

Though I doubt anyone would be allowed to kill off a cash cow like Boba Fett, for real.
    Last edited by JudgeMinty; Apr 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM.

Just picked up Issue #1. It was an ok start. What I just realized is all any of us ( or those in the story) have seen is a dead body in Fett armor. The helmet hasn't been removed from the corpse yet, it could be simply an imposter trying to pull a Shysa. I have some other doubts but won't voice them so I won't give things away to those that haven't read it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Account Deactivated

not to ruin the plot [AND I DONT KNOW FOR SURE either way],this is just my way of thinking and i could be way off on this but i have a sneaky feeling that the stormtrooper commander that drags connor freeman out of his cantina in issue 1 is fett in disguise

maybe someone found Jodo Cast and mistaken him for Boba?

From
    Christchurch,New Zealand

Just remember Lucas originally wanted to kill Fett off in Jedi, (He didn't much like that everyone liked the anti-hero and after all he was a villain in the movies). It was the comic book franchise (Dark Horse if I remember right) that brought him back to life. Mainly because of the demand to see more Fett...And demand usually equals more money..
    I'm just happy that they did, imagine how flat it would have been if Lucas had never allowed the revival of Fett

Account Deactivated

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Hopefully its actually that Jodo Kast guy in the suit dead...
    did fett not kill jodo kast in "twin engines of destruction" when fett set a trap for kast which kast fell for

fettwho said: View Post
    Just remember Lucas originally wanted to kill Fett off in Jedi, (He didn't much like that everyone liked the anti-hero and after all he was a villain in the movies). It was the comic book franchise (Dark Horse if I remember right) that brought him back to life. Mainly because of the demand to see more Fett...And demand usually equals more money..
    I'm just happy that they did, imagine how flat it would have been if Lucas had never allowed the revival of Fett
    true, but now Boba makes him too much money to kill him off, then he wouldn't be able to make millions by selling Boba figures, he isn't even bothering to make them any different anymore.

From
    Fordingbridge, New Forest

He's a clone there's bloody loads of him !

Just finished reading the first issue and I have no idea what to expect. It's kind of weird, but this is the reason why I wait for trade paperbacks to come out.

From
    Canada

I've got a STAR WARS INSIDER magazine that says it is ACTUALLY Boba who dies.

That makes C-3po, Chewbacca, and Luke who're dead in the EU now right? I've seen pics of Luke as a force ghost (I built a Jedi costume around it a coupla years ago for Halloween) but I haven't read the comics about it sonce I find the EU a little difficult to get in too; the only EU I can take iare the Prequels and the CLone Wars serieses.

eh I still doubt it's him, then how would Lucas make millions from us fett fanboys?

From
    Somewhere deep inside the Dark Organization Corps Base

I read the 1st issue of that "Blood Ties" comic, and I don't think that it's really Boba Fett, but an imposter.

Why? Because in page 2 of the comic, it is clearly listed as, "The events in this story takes place approximately ten years before the battle Of Yavin".

So that means Boba Fett would have been long dead, before the events in "A New Hope", and "The Empire Strikes Back".

The only other explanation from this comic is that the real Boba Fett died 10 years before "A New Hope", and that it was really an imposter posing as Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back". (If the comic chooses this type of explanation, it would really contradict with the real canon story.)

lol cause we all know how well GL likes to stick with canon

From
    Canada

I hope they don't do something stupid like ACTUALLY kill Bobsa then have him brought back from the dead...