Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad Day!!! I bet everyone here can relate...

From
    Greensburg Indiana

Sad Day!!! I bet everyone here can relate...

we had some strong winds come through Indiana last night and one of my figures fell off my shelves. It was in a star case but the bubble completly separated from the card.. It was the Luke theater edition figure! I remember getting this figure in 1997 when I waited in line to watch the re-release it was one of my happiest memories in my life!!! Now I dont know what to do with it.. should I super glue it back? or just leave it in the star case?

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Re: Sad Day!!! I bet everyone here can relate...

Sorry tony man that sucks. I would try small amounts of superglue.

From
    The Cold Widwest

I gotta ask man, why do you display your SW stuff outside? But seriously, you might try to glue it back, always sorry to see anything break that we like.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

That is a common issue with that figure. Not sure what to tell you to do about it...if you find a solution, let me know so I can fix mine too.

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

I would get it out and play with it.

From
    Alberta,Canada

Completely ruined, please send to me for proper disposal....

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

You might as well try to glue it back on somehow. I guess you can't really ruin it at this point since it already off the card???

yeah, that sux when stuff like that happens. I know how you feel!!! I had my complete ESB suit on a manny outside on my deck for some pics a few summers ago. Dog ran by & it took a 10ft nosedive off the deck!!!!!! Cracked up all kinds of stuff. Talk about a sad day!!!!!!

From
    The miserable mill

lotta good that star case did... glue it...

sorry to hear about the tumble

From
    Mosfellsbaer Iceland

but don´t use superglue, tere is a risk the vapors would fog up the plastic permanently.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

check out customising sites and see how people attach the bubbles on custom carded figures...if they can do it, it has to be able to be done.

From
    Newport News, VA

Echo what mobius said, don't use superglue!
    I had the same problem with my Theater Luke figure last year. We moved, and from being jostled around in a moving box, the bubble seperated from the card. I had mine in a Star Case, too.
    I used some contact cement to repair mine. There are a lot of different brands available. You just have to apply a small amount to both surfaces, let it set for a few minutes (read the directions), and press the bubble back onto the card.
    I laid mine on a flat surface and used some square drinking glasses to weight down the bubble while the contact cement cured.
    It's been strong ever since.

From
    Boston, Mass

We had a ice storm with high winds not to long ago, will contact cement fix this????

From
    The first state

Last edited by DL44 Blaster; Feb 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM.

DL44 Blaster said: View Post
    Your joking right? Will glue fix this too?

....it's my hand now. Ease up....life is too short to worry about bubble cards falling off shelves.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off brash, but given the topic I just thought I'd put up some perspective.
    Whew! Man what happened? Chainsaw accident? Sorry bruv!

G-Fett

DL, I really feel for what happened to you man!

And vadr_h8r, dude the only thing left to do now is start playing with Luke in the sandbox bro! Things could be much, much worse, as you have been made fully aware.

From
    The first state

I don't want to turn this into a pity thread as I'll live and am getting more of my hand back each week and am healing. It'll be a bit of a road, but I'm lucky in that it could have been a lot worse initially and my healing could have taken me down a longer road, which, thankfully I will not have to go down. It was a table saw accident on 12/29/08 ....... again, just some perspective to Vadr_

From
    Pittsburgh

That would be scary It gives me the chills. I hope everything is allright

El1te

From
    Palombia

It was a table saw accident on 12/29/08 .......
    Do you experience phantom pains?

From
    Greensburg Indiana

ewwwwww....... that hand looks bad....as for my card.. I think I will glue it back.. I never sell my figures anyways... its just knowing its not worth as much as it did...

From
    The first state

This isn't meant out of jest, but perhaps you might want to look into this...

http://www.sawstop.com/

My dad and I invested in one just because of how afraid I was of me cutting off an appendage due to me playing music for income.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

Im not stupid I know how trivial a bubble coming off is. But my friends and family gave it about 1 second of thought when I showed them what happened and it really got me down all weekend because I knew how fragile that particular figure was and it managed to stay unharmed for 10+ years. oh well I will glue it and go on..
    Last edited by vadr_h8r; Feb 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM.

From
    Oakdale, CA

In times like this, I can understand a strong connection to items that link to your past.
    It is more of a "sentimental" thing and less of a "material" thing. Certain things can
    just trigger a moment of introspection. I can understand that. So I can say, I understand
    the connection things can have to our heart strings. And I can also understand how if we take a good hard look, we can see our blessings.

All of it is a matter of perspective. Someone with no arm could say, that DL44 Blaster, is nothing compared to whatever loss they have. As he is said, ne knows it could be worse.
    Anyway, I guess I am doing it again. blah blah blah

"I'd like to teach the world to sing... in perfect..............

oh geez

I love this place

LOL

From
    The first state

From
    Oakdale, CA

I think it is important to be understanding and more opening minded Steve.
    We do not know where he is "at". We are all in a different place. Sometimes one loss can trigger other feelings of past losts, or just be the straw that broke the camel's back, after many many other times of darkness.

We cannot assume that we know where Vadr is "at" or what he has been through. I cannot be bold enough to know either, but I can think of quite a few things that could have possibly happened to make this feel truly bad at the moment. We have all had these feelings. This is not an indication of a "lack" just a moment of weakness, and we all have them.

Just a thot..........

AND........ we are a family here and we just share, that is what we do.......

Exactly my point. When I did this to myself I saw a close friend of mine on a gurney in the ER, whom after a few weeks after found out that he needs a new heart and is currently on a transplant list. He went in the same day I cut my hand for what he thought were symptoms of pneumonia and 6 weeks later was discharged on a transplant list after 2 surgeries: one to repair a hole in his aorta and another for bypass. And yes my empathy can only begin to imagine what he is going through and yet be thankful of my own condition.....to think that we were in the same place at the same time and to have such different injuries. Mine life changing and his potentially life ending.

vadr_ I don't think you're stupid..... I do however think that the thread is, in light of what I'm going through currently. Don't take offense to it, again,....I was just trying to shed some perspective on you, which is probably why your friends and family treated it as nothing.... because it is.

Steve