Nov 28, 2007, 11:33 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #51

they cant beat us TWICE

we had them down in the 3rd quarter

its hard to beat a GREAT TEAM twice

and if they do....its OK

we have ROMO...so we will be back for the next several years

ROMO ROMO ROMO

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    even if by some fluke that dallas makes it to the superbowl, there is no way that they'll beat the pats. i'm not a pats fan, butthey are way too dominant to lose to a team they already beat this season. in fact i don't think there is any team in the nfc that can beat the pats.
  2. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Nov 29, 2007, 12:22 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #52

COWBOYS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a huge fan over here

COWBOYS

Packers

OH and TIME WARNER CABLE
    They just bite the winnie!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I have to go to my dads to watch it!!!
    Nov 29, 2007, 8:44 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #53

C'mon...all this talk about great QB's and nobody mentions Rexy Grossman...

And although it kills me to admit it, I do have a grudging respect for Brett. There is nobody currently tougher in the NFL, and he seems a very humble, down-to-earth guy, just like Walter Payton was.

And, let's face it...the official clothing of Wisconsin is a Green #4 jersey for casual occasions and a white #4 jersey for formal occasions such as weddings.
    Nov 29, 2007, 9:15 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #54

My PREDICTION for tonight

COWBOYS 42 PACKERS 24
    Nov 29, 2007, 10:37 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #55

Wow! This thread is getting heated. You'd think someone had said that the Cowboys recast something.
    I do consider myself a Cowboys fan, win or lose. The numbers don't lie though. Emmitt Smith is the all time yards leader and HOF, you can't deny that. BUT, would he have been that great without Jerry Jones' deep pockets to buy an outstanding offensive line? Maybe, but I doubt it. Fact of the matter is, Jerry Jones put together one of the greatest dynasties ever. The whole team was good, not just one person.

Farve has had talent around him through the years: Mark Chimura, Sterling Sharpe, Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, Ahman Green, Donald Driver, just to name a few. The fact of the matter is, they just haven't gotten it done.

Romo... I myself wondered if his season last year was a fluke. It wasn't. He has performed as well this year as he did last season. His contract extension was justified, IMHO. YES, there was the botched hold in the Seahawk game and he will probably be remembered for that. But, again, stats don't lie: 3000+ yards passing, 31 TDs, 66% completion percentage and a 105.3 rating (3300, 22, 68%, 101.5 for Favre). My vote overall goes to Romo.

TO - well, can't say I really care for him as a person, but he's good. Period. You over compensate for TO, you get slammed by another reciever or Jason Witten. He is a difference maker, like him or not.

CGClone - It's Carrie Underwood, not Jessica Simpson. Don't hate.

Wes
    Nov 29, 2007, 11:04 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #56

I'm a Bills fan, so I definantly will not root for the Cowboys. Shoot I even root for our division rivals if they play the Cowboys. I don't know if there is a better model player than Favre. Even if you are not a fan, can't help but feel sad when it looked like he might end his career, going out on a stinker last season. If the Packers can beat the Cowboys, and also get to the Super Bowl, and beat the Patriots, it would bring balance to the football world.
    Nov 29, 2007, 12:38 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #57

First off... admin hat on... let's keep it civil guys.

Secondly...

If you honestly think that Brady is nothing without Bellicheck you're nuts. Listen to the football analysts... they compare the guy to Joe Montana. And folks... he's already got three rings. Add another one after this season to tie Joe Montana.

As for Bellicheck and the cheating "scandel"... again... talk to real football guys or just listen to them. They all say that all the teams do it. Bellicheck only got caught because the Jet's coach knew all his "moves" because he worked for him! Mangini had a grudge to settle and ratted him out. Trust me... they all do it.

As for some of the other comments in this thread you've got to be kidding me. Put Barry Sanders on those Cowboys teams and he'd have blown Emmitt Smith away! You can't compare Barry on those terrible Lions teams to Emmitt and his AMAZING O Line. Not even fair.

And Romo being better than Favre... are you kidding me? Favre already has proven himself through the years as one of the greats. Romo isn't even in his league yet.

Lastly... you talk as if ANYONE in the NFC has a shot of winning the SuperBowl. Riiiight...
    Nov 29, 2007, 4:53 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #58

BARRY SANDERS IS A LOSER...HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM!!!!!!

you can not be considered a great player if you QUIT on your team

OH..I guess you all FORGOT when the LIONS made the PLAYOFFS.....REMEMBER that GAME in the PLAYOFFS where SANDERS RUSHED for ZERO Yards.....

PLEASE....he was on a GOOD TEAM that year....

EMMITT was a better blocker, pass catcher and CLUTCH player

YES Barry was a better RUNNER...but thats it...

EMMITT was a better FOOTBALL player and LEADER!!!!!!!

and FAVRE...18 years 1 SUPERBOWL

ROMO...in 3 months will be 2 years and 1 Superbowl
    ROMO ROMO ROMO ROMO ROMO:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:

Quote webchief said: View Post
    First off... admin hat on... let's keep it civil guys.

Secondly...

If you honestly think that Brady is nothing without Bellicheck you're nuts. Listen to the football analysts... they compare the guy to Joe Montana. And folks... he's already got three rings. Add another one after this season to tie Joe Montana.

As for Bellicheck and the cheating "scandel"... again... talk to real football guys or just listen to them. They all say that all the teams do it. Bellicheck only got caught because the Jet's coach knew all his "moves" because he worked for him! Mangini had a grudge to settle and ratted him out. Trust me... they all do it.

As for some of the other comments in this thread you've got to be kidding me. Put Barry Sanders on those Cowboys teams and he'd have blown Emmitt Smith away! You can't compare Barry on those terrible Lions teams to Emmitt and his AMAZING O Line. Not even fair.

And Romo being better than Favre... are you kidding me? Favre already has proven himself through the years as one of the greats. Romo isn't even in his league yet.

Lastly... you talk as if ANYONE in the NFC has a shot of winning the SuperBowl. Riiiight...
    Nov 29, 2007, 4:57 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #59

3 hours till GAME TIME

I expect an apology from all you HATERS in about 6 hours
    Nov 29, 2007, 5:05 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #60

I laid off the thread for a while because it was just the biggest pi$$ing contest, not really any football facts to prove a point, so this may be or my not be my last post LOL...

WebC - I agree, they all do it. Yes, Brady is a stud outside the scandle, I have never questioned that.

Romos #'s are great, no one has questioned that, I feel like Cowboy fans feel like they have to defend this guy. Put a reality cap and think. He hasnt been around as long as Favre, hasnt proven anything yet other than he is accurate and has fast recievers to hit.

Sorry DM, you keep clinging to one quarter. No matter what it was in the 3rd, when the last second ticked off the clock, the Cowboys lost.

TO is an incredible football player, his integrity and selfishness has always been the things that are questioned. He didnt get his way so he threw the 49ers under the bus. Didnt like Baltimore, so he whined. Then threw Donovan under the next passing bus. See the cycle? You get the impression every time Jones walks through the locker room he slips TO a few benjamins.

Sorry Jango_Wes, here : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15821211/
    Its Jessica now.

So now, lets talk football shall we?

The Cowboys run a lot of the hitch and go, and skinny posts to free up TO while running Wilker underneath, thats hard to defend, props there.

The Packers run a ton of 5 outs and that kills DB's and defensive schemes.

So the results, IMHO, will be who is better ready on defense.

and for the record, I have the NFL channel on DirectTV, but the game tonight is screwing the fans over, its sucks that its not on national TV.
    Nov 29, 2007, 5:48 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #61

Quote CGClone said: View Post
    I laid off the thread for a while because it was just the biggest pi$$ing contest, not really any football facts to prove a point, so this may be or my not be my last post LOL...

WebC - I agree, they all do it. Yes, Brady is a stud outside the scandle, I have never questioned that.

Romos #'s are great, no one has questioned that, I feel like Cowboy fans feel like they have to defend this guy. Put a reality cap and think. He hasnt been around as long as Favre, hasnt proven anything yet other than he is accurate and has fast recievers to hit.

Sorry DM, you keep clinging to one quarter. No matter what it was in the 3rd, when the last second ticked off the clock, the Cowboys lost.

TO is an incredible football player, his integrity and selfishness has always been the things that are questioned. He didnt get his way so he threw the 49ers under the bus. Didnt like Baltimore, so he whined. Then threw Donovan under the next passing bus. See the cycle? You get the impression every time Jones walks through the locker room he slips TO a few benjamins.

Sorry Jango_Wes, here : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15821211/
    Its Jessica now.

So now, lets talk football shall we?

The Cowboys run a lot of the hitch and go, and skinny posts to free up TO while running Wilker underneath, thats hard to defend, props there.

The Packers run a ton of 5 outs and that kills DB's and defensive schemes.

So the results, IMHO, will be who is better ready on defense.

and for the record, I have the NFL channel on DirectTV, but the game tonight is screwing the fans over, its sucks that its not on national TV.
    BEST POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!
    Nov 29, 2007, 6:45 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #62

Actually, I did post stats to prove my point. Here they are again:

Passing yards- ROMO: 3000 FARVE: 3300
    TDs - ROMO: 31 FARVE: 22
    Completion % - ROMO: 66 FARVE: 68
    QB rating - ROMO:105.3 FARVE:101.5

Pretty close.

Owens is definately a cancer, no doubt about it. But for as much as I despise him as a person, stats don't lie: 64 receptions, 1093 yards, 99 yd avg per game, 13 TDs. He's the #2 reciever in the NFL, only to Randy Moss (the OTHER cancer). And he only trails by 2 overall yards and 3 touchdowns.

DM: As much as I like ya, and as much as I love the Cowboys, you really aren't helping the cause.

WebChief: Absolutely correct. Brady is great. No question.

CGClone: Carrie Underwood, Jessica Simpson. Either one bro, either one..... still, don't hate.

I agree it's too early to annoint Romo the next Favre or Montana, but should he continue producing like he is now, there's no doubt he will break records along his career.

For as good as Favre is, I look at him like I do Marino. Marino was an outstanding quaterback, no argument. But he only made it to the Super Bowl once. And they didn't win. It may be the only black mark on his entire career, but it's a big one.
    Favre has paralleled Marino. He's broken records become somewhat of a legend. But he's only won one Super Bowl in his career. That's his black mark.

Wes
    Last edited by Jango_Wes; Nov 29, 2007 at 6:52 PM.
    Nov 29, 2007, 8:58 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #63

One Superbowl is a blackmark? wow.

IF that yours reason to diss on Favre, so be it. Theres a lot of QB's with blackmarks from the Cowboys with that busted reasoning.

I think your HOF'er Staubach just summed it up himself on live TV pregame about your beloved unproven Romo "Tony has a long way to go to be in Favres league."

Go on, rip on one of your best quarterbacks ever and what he just said.

Not hating on Romo for his dating or his playing. I am just not on the Cowboys Savior QB or Coach bandwagon, both have yet to go the distance.
    Nov 29, 2007, 9:19 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #64

Now, if you actually READ what I wrote, I agreed that it's way too early to call Romo and "elite" quarterback, nor have I crowned him King Quarterback. Same thing Staubach said, same thing most people on here said. Give him time, see if he continues.

I never once dissed on Favre. I believe "legend" was in the description I wrote about him. But when you are talking about Super Quarterbacks, there are several out there with 3 and 4 rings. Will only one ring keep Favre out of the HOF? No. But in my eyes, he won't be up there with the Montanas, Aikmans, Bradshaws, (hell, even the Bradys) etc because of that.

I believe my posts have been pretty level headed, so there's no need to make this personal and attack each other bro, but we can if you want.

Wes

Quote CGClone said: View Post
    One Superbowl is a blackmark? wow.

IF that yours reason to diss on Favre, so be it. Theres a lot of QB's with blackmarks from the Cowboys with that busted reasoning.

I think your HOF'er Staubach just summed it up himself on live TV pregame about your beloved unproven Romo "Tony has a long way to go to be in Favres league."

Go on, rip on one of your best quarterbacks ever and what he just said.

Not hating on Romo for his dating or his playing. I am just not on the Cowboys Savior QB or Coach bandwagon, both have yet to go the distance.
    Nov 29, 2007, 9:33 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #65

I LOL at each and everyone one of the E-thugs in this thread.
    Nov 29, 2007, 9:38 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #66

Who's being an E-thug and how?
    Nov 29, 2007, 10:06 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #67

Quote Jango_Wes said: View Post
    Who's being an E-thug and how?
    Exactly. I aint thugging on no one. I think we are both pretty level-headed and accurate in our statement, plus I have no beef with anyone in this thread LOL...I think its great folks have a passion for a team.
    Nov 29, 2007, 10:27 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #68

Hahaha. It was just the constant back and forth that got me to Lol. I wasnt singling anyone out.
    Nov 29, 2007, 11:56 PM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #69

WELL THIS IS HOW THIS THREAD WILL END!

Romo wins! Farves get hurts! GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i will admit this.... that backup scared me more than Farve did!

that was a good game!
    Nov 30, 2007, 12:10 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #70

GREAT GAME

I hated to see FAVRE go down.....hope he is OK

We will see you guys again in the NFC Championship

At least for tonight ROMO and the BOYS are the BEST TEAM in the NFC

Bottom line

the PATS...THE PACKERS and THE COWBOYS are all in a class by themselves

any of these teams could win it all

I think the PATS are the BEST team......

HOWEVER....any team can win on any given sunday

We have a long way to go in this season and its going to be a FUN Finish

FOR the RECORD ...my parents live in WISCONSIN and I am going to visit them for X- MAS

I dont HATE FAVRE..In Fact I have his JERSEY!!
    FAVRE is the greatest of ALL TIME.....HE is TONY ROMOS childhood hero...

I just hope some of you can give ROMO the credit he has earned!!!!!!!

He is one of the best young QBs in the NFL

and WOW to Rogers...he is going to be great when FAVRE retires some day!!
    Nov 30, 2007, 12:10 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #71

one more thing
    ROMO ROMO ROMO ROMO ROMO ROMO:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:
    Nov 30, 2007, 12:27 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #72

Quote DarthMiller said: View Post
    they cant beat us TWICE
    uh oh....so by this logic...if you meet the Cheese again...Romo will have plenty of time to go on tour with Ms. Simpson.

womo
    Nov 30, 2007, 1:11 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #73

well. seeing as how favre was out for half the game i think we faired pretty well.

i can't hate on romo, especially since he is from wisconsin. i'm more irritated by people who will diss favre and disregard the fact that our offensive line is nothing to brag about.

if you look at some (keyword) of the other quarterbacks in the league that have high numbers it's because they have a team that allows them to achieve high numbers.

new england giving tom brady 5 minutes to complete a pass doesn't make tom brady the best quarterback in the world, he just had more time to use his skill.

it's all relative, better players working together as a whole will boost stats for their key players.

lot of green bay hate going on here. didn't know we had players that create that kind of rage.

now dallas and TO, a guy that will walk away from his team if they forget to wipe his bum with 100 dollar bills a day out of the week..... there is someone who can inspire hate for a team.

maybe that is why i laughed so hard when he bobbled that touchdown pass which was intercepted by al harris. his arrogance bites him there.

i'm sure he won't lose sleep over, since they won and the money is still coming

-=QuinN!
    Nov 30, 2007, 8:53 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #74

If TO had a "G" on his helmet you would LOVE him!!!!!

he is only the 1st wide receiver all year to get 150 yards on Green Bay

Santana Moss, Roy Williams, Plaxico Buress did not even get 50 yards

Bottom line is TO is the most COMPLETE Receiver in the NFL!!!

Moss is the best Deep Threat but over the middle of the field and in the slot he is WEAK!!!

I say TO for league MVP this year!!!
    Nov 30, 2007, 8:54 AM - Re: ROMO vs FAVRE #75

WHERE are all the HATERS?????

Some of you need to get back on this Thread and Give the BOYS some LOVE!!!!!