Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 7, 2016, 7:27 AM - Rogue One Trailer! #1

Looks pretty good...old school for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Apr 7, 2016, 7:44 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #2

Wow. That looks awesome so far. The Mon Mothma looks spot on and Ben Mendelsohn's character looks very Thrawn-esque (other than the blue of course).

So far I'm totally stoked for this!
    Apr 7, 2016, 8:00 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #3

Looks like a lot of new stromtrooper designs - tank driver, shadow trooper, something else ... I wasn't crazy about the Force Awakens, so hopefully they'll do better with this.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Apr 7, 2016, 9:55 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #4

I'm excited for Rogue One, and it was a solid trailer; although I don't know if it fired me up as much as the ~15 second teaser from last year.
    Apr 7, 2016, 1:08 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #5

The only thing I have a problem with is the garbage dialogue we've been shown so far. "I'm a rebel, so I rebel." Really? "YES. SUH." Just absolutely terrible.

Everything else looks great and I'm excited to see the actual trailer and film.
    Apr 7, 2016, 3:42 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #6

For me, one of the weaker points of episode 7 was the empire / "bad guys" in general. They didn't have the same imperialistic believability that the original's had(It's hard to put my feelings into words for this, maybe someone who is more eloquent feels the same way?). It's hard to say if that's due to episode 7's costume design, or just the script (storm troopers backpedaling away from kylo ren's tantrum).

Anyways, here's hoping this new one has awesome bad guys again!
    Last edited by Vithar; Apr 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM.
    Apr 7, 2016, 4:28 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #7

i love this suit!

Apr 7, 2016, 5:08 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #8

I like it! Love seeing the "vintage" X-Wing pilots and the T-65 in the background.
    Apr 7, 2016, 9:41 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #9

Don't get me wrong, I liked TFA....but it just felt like ANH again with new (and old) characters. So this is such a relief to have a new story in line with the original trilogy.

And there's AT-AT's!! And R5 droids, and power droids, and AT-AT's, and OT TK's, and AT-AT's lol : D
    Apr 7, 2016, 11:35 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #10

Quote Raizo said: View Post
    The only thing I have a problem with is the garbage dialogue we've been shown so far.
    Well...technically this is a prequel...so its supposed to have garbage dialogue, right?
    Apr 7, 2016, 11:59 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #11

This looks awesome. The only thing is that it looks like it might not have the feel of a Star Wars movie. Kind like the prequels didn't quite have that feel.
    Apr 8, 2016, 12:06 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #12

I'm excited. I like prequel stuff, see what they can make up to make sense. Or like what else was going on while Luke was scoring some new power converters. All fun and adventure!
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Apr 8, 2016, 8:01 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #13

Regardless of how we feel about it, they will be taking money from all of us when our butts are in the theatre seats! I am personally more stoked than TFA.
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Apr 8, 2016, 11:39 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #14

Looks better than the TFA already so pleased there are none of the main characters in this possibly with the exception of Darth of course.
    Apr 8, 2016, 11:41 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #15

Im also excited... I saw the trailer several times in english and already in german, and each time it felt like REAL STAR WARS. I even had some tears in my eyes. It felt like back at those days, when I was a child and watching STAR WARS the first time in cinema. (Yes Im that old. ) I cant wait to see it in cinema. AND there will be Boba Fett, because Ill where my costume to the premiere.
    Apr 8, 2016, 12:33 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #16

I want to see Vader back on screen and the OT troopers!!! Looks good!!!
  18. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 8, 2016, 1:44 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #17

Quote Raizo said: View Post
    The only thing I have a problem with is the garbage dialogue we've been shown so far. "I'm a rebel, so I rebel." Really? "YES. SUH." Just absolutely terrible.

Everything else looks great and I'm excited to see the actual trailer and film.
    Even Mon Mothma had to hang her head when she heard that awful line.
    Apr 8, 2016, 1:59 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #18

eh..i didnt think that line was so bad. Plus we all should know by now that the dialouge and what we are seeing, and how they are related is never how it is in the film. its all chopped up... they do that in EVERY trailer.

Also we all get so hell bent on "bad dialogue" as we are placing it in todays standards, but if we had dialogue like todays standards then everyone would complain that it wasn't "Star Wars" enough. i think we should all just wait till it comes out before we start passing such major judgement on it.

I liked TFA, it wasnt near what i was hoping for, but i enjoyed it. there were certain parts of it i liked alot, over all it was just, "pretty good" to me. THIS however looks much better. Mainly because it is in the only timeline i really care about.....after ROTS and before ROTJ. Using this timeline they can create new stores with familiar characters and even "bring them back" (ehem FETT ehem), and i think THATS what all of us adults want to see. That said they will also pay attention to the new folks getting into Star Wars.

I said this with TFA and i'll say it again, as good as this looks so far....

NOTHING will ever be the same as the original trilogy, for any of us. the times were different , we were different, we had our adolescence, we cant think that any of these new movies will bring back some feeling of when we were 6, or 12 and we saw the first StarWars..during a time that NOTHING was like it. It will never happen again.

i for one, will take each movie for what it is, i will like it, or i will not...the OT will always be there for me to watch to get all nostalgic over.
    Apr 8, 2016, 2:42 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #19

Aside from letting us know that there are a plethora of stormtroopers I feel like trailer raised more questions than answers. I guess it did what it was designed to do.
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Apr 8, 2016, 5:13 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #20

Coolest guy in the movie. I hope he's as awesome as he is in the trailer!
    Apr 8, 2016, 6:49 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #21

Aye, there was a lego set for Rogue One with the Slave 1 in it. It's deep under the covers at Lego land, but it does exist (today). Leads me to think a bounty was in order.

Looks like an R2 unit to the far right with a red light on....

Gonk - Fett!

Those are some manly looking arms there, brah. Nice patrol of troopers on the right... !

AT-AT is WIN-WIN.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r1c.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	98320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r1e.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	98321  
    Apr 8, 2016, 10:18 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #22

Looking forward to it as well. I like how its gritty and kind of dark.
  24. Apr 9, 2016, 1:34 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #23

I cant sit still
    Apr 9, 2016, 9:26 AM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #24

Looks awesome. Totally awesome.
    Apr 9, 2016, 6:41 PM - Re: Rogue One Trailer! #25

I hope it rocks, it certainly looks cool. I love how they're doing spin off stories in between the main storyline. That to me is frickin awsome. When I was a kid (and this was pre-VCR, BLUE RAY, Netflix, etc) you had to wait for what seemed an eternity in kid years for the next movie to come out. Now we get one likeevery year?! How cool is that?!!