Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Review: The Dark Knight ATTN! SPOILERS

From
    Orlando, FL

Review: The Dark Knight ATTN! SPOILERS

So I attended the 1201 screening of The Dark Knight last night. WOW! That film is great. Go out and see it right now. Heath is amazing as the Joker. Bale puts on a good performance as the brooding bat. And whats his name makes a great Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

SPOILERS BELOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

So I was really happy to see that they killed off Rachel, I was so tired of her character that I was happy when Batman saved Harvey and not her. I was sad to see Harvey die at the end but I think he might have peeked as a villian in this movie. Joker actually lived...but of course he won't be in the sequel for real world deaths. The Joker's magic trick was the best magic trick I have ever seen! And I think just for a laugh I am going to do the Nurse Joker costume for one night at Dragon con.

From
    Parker, Colorado

Re: Review: The Dark Knight ATTN! SPOILERS

spoilers

I absolutely loved this movie.Considering that I didn't like the Rachel Dawes Character or Maggie Gyllenhaal I was a little satisified when she was killed. Heath Ledger was simply amazing! The intensity of his acting was incredible. I'm not even sure what to say since this movie simply left me speechless

and a midnight showing is always more fun when you go in costume

Predatormv said: View Post
    The Joker's magic trick was the best magic trick I have ever seen!
    Dude, that was probably the one part that I literally laughed out loud at. Priceless.

I absolutely LOVED IT. Holy cow, the wait was worth it. Heath did an AMAZING job as the Joker. Everyone else of course did amazing as well. I was a little bummed to see Harvey/Two-Face go out that fast, but he was amazing while he lasted. Just a little curious to see how a third installment be?
    Last edited by MandoMan; Jul 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

I was waiting on this thread to appear! I cant wait! Read great reviews! I wont be able to see it until Monday, 20 year Santa Barbara High class reunion all weekend long.....

From
    Irvine, CA

Yeah saw it at midnight as well. Good movie. I hope that two-face comes back. We don't know for absolute certainty that he is dead. It could be like the comics and Bruce Wayne could personally pay for Harvey's rehabilitation.

From
    San Diego, California

Commander Voltaire said: View Post
    I was waiting on this thread to appear! I cant wait! Read great reviews! I wont be able to see it until Monday, 20 year Santa Barbara High class reunion all weekend long.....
    Just had my 20 year HS reunion 2 years ago but I couldn't attend...have fun James! Would love to see this movie soon!

From
    Cincinnati, OH

Saw it at midnight too. Great great movie. Loved the magic trick too. There were a few other parts that I laughed out loud about, can't think of any off hand. I'll basically echo everything everyone else has said; glad Rachael died, Two-Face died too quickly, but is he really dead? There was a memorial, but that doesn't mean anything. speaking of glad things are dead, I was glad to see the tumbler get destroyed, oh there's another part I laughed at, the guy trying to Blackmail Wayne enterprises; Morgan Freeman's speech there was great. "Good Luck"! LOL

Summer movies ranked so far, I'd put Dark Knight in a neck and neck tie with IRON MAN, followed by The Hulk, then Wall-E, Hellboy II, Indiana Jones (bonus points for nestalgia or it would have been closer to the end) Get Smart, Kung Fu Panda, Jouney to the Center of the Earth, and The Happening is dead last by far. I still want to see Hancock and other stuff not out yet.

They had a trailer for the next Terminator movie too, that looks pretty good, though I think they should have stuck with the same actor from T3.

I really like the tumbler, and who knows, they may rebuild it.I read somewhere that the next installment will possibly feature the riddler.should be a blast.
    Bale has said that he would love to do more of these, and with the cash they make on this, I am sure they will.

From
    Tennessee

yea 12:01 showings!
    the movie was amazing! it is amazing how well Joker was portrayed, heath ledger played the part so well! and what was really good about it, was that Joker could disgust you, frighten you, make you laugh, make you feel sympathetic, and make you think hard all at the same time! when he blew up the hospital and had to keep hitting the button, the entire crowd was in stitches laughing! and there was a lot of applause for his magic trick!
    'how about a magic trick? i will make this pencil disappear"....BAM!..."Ta Da!"

From
    chico, ca

Spoilers!!!!

If there is one movie u see this year, see the dark knight

There are rumors of Ledger receiving an oscar for best actor for his performance, and he definitely would deserve to win. This is not only the best movie I've seen this year, but the best superhero film I've ever seen. It's grounded in absolute realism, and goes where others have been afraid. Kevin Smith called it "the godfather 2 of superhero flicks", and I would have to agree.

Everyone keeps talking about Dent being dead, but I believe he survived the fall. The whole joker telling his origin made me cringe at first.... until he told a completely different one to someone else. That illusion, and outright confusion is what makes the character so great. I'm really glad they didn't go "origin" on the joker.

Once again, if you havent seen this film, run out and see it ASAP.

From
    Appleton, Wisconsin

Just got back and it was AWESOME!!!! Go see it right now!

From
    Modesto, California, United States

I got to see it last night and I loved it!
    Darren

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

WOW....I cant even believe how good this movie was!!!

Best Picture??

Best Actor??

truly incredible!!

From
    Fairfax Station, VA

Gosh guys....now I wish I was in the theaters right now!....:P

Would you see it again? - In theaters?
    In Imax?

I wanna go see it in Imax...wondering how much that'll run me..

From
    Parker, Colorado

I saw it at the 12:15 showing. I didn't get home till 4:30 am and then woke up at 9 am to go see it with some other friends. I'm going to go see it a third time except at the IMAX

From
    Fairfax Station, VA

Corby, is it worth it?

I've heard nothing but good..need that one last opinion! Then instead of going to normal theaters..I'll just go straight to Imax with the girlfriend.

- Fitz

From
    Orlando, FL

I have every intention of seeing it at least one more time in IMAX. They actually shot the movie in IMAX (one of the first if I am correct). I just think it will look even better in IMAX. The movie has such a large scale and scope I can't think how IMAX wouldn't be amazing.

On a side note I am totally planning on doing a Nurse Joker costume with the little detonator just running around pushing the button looking disapointed.

Predatormv said: View Post
    On a side note I am totally planning on doing a Nurse Joker costume with the little detonator just running around pushing the button looking disapointed.
    Dude, yes. 8) You have to get videos of that.

As for multiple viewings, I just got back from my second time watching it, and it's just as amazing as the first. I'll probably see it one more time this weekend. And I haven't even started on the IMAX version yet.

I.
    Love.
    This.
    Movie.
    XOXOXO.

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow amazing movie! I cant wait to see it again. Heath Ledger's acting was phenomenal I hope they dont try to replace him in the next one...I had heard that he was supposed to be in the following one.

Forcebewitya.

From
    Amity

just got back. best movie ive seen in a LONG time. Heath's Joker Is not only better it blows Jacks out of the water. Deffinetly going to see this again tomorrow. GO SEE THIS!!!!

....wow...have to say this movie might go down as one of the greatest of all time....it's that good...

non stop action, fear, suspense, and no plot holes....AMAZING movie.

From
    Hartselle,Alabama

Forcebewitya said: View Post
    Wow amazing movie! I cant wait to see it again. Heath Ledger's acting was phenomenal I hope they dont try to replace him in the next one...I had heard that he was supposed to be in the following one.

Forcebewitya.
    I dont mean to be rude but they kind of dont have a choice in the matter...he will be replaced if they use the Joker again.

From
    Parker, Colorado

Corby, is it worth it?
    Most Definitely it is

From
    Greensburg Indiana

I love when you go to a movie and it gives you everything it was hyped up to give you ..and then a little more!! Snickers aint got nothing on The Dark Knight!! NOW THAT SATISFIES!!! but being the critic that I am....... I am a big believer if you cant bring back an original cast member..DON'T CAST SOMEONE ELSE!! DON'T DO IT...EVER... you can make references to the character, flash-backs ETC. Not one person I know liked Rachel.
    and the 2nd nitpick..really small... if your going to put a Lamborghini in it, put the best one..its not like Bruce Wayne is broke... if your not sure which one im talking about, check it out...the Reventon' its only 1.3 million. I kept it big so you could use it as a screen saver!!
    MY movie rating- "The Dark Knight" A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vincefx_reventon09photoae_1280-jpg  

From
    chico, ca

LOPERO said: View Post
    I dont mean to be rude but they kind of dont have a choice in the matter...he will be replaced if they use the Joker again.
    Even before the whole death, I assumed that they would only put the joker in the 3rd for maybe a 30 second cameo in Arkham. While another joker flick would be awesome.... Bale said he's done after three films, so there's lots to explore.