Recasting Scum

From
    Portland

Recasting Scum

Seems someone out there decided to recast my work and sell it on eBay. I started this det from scratch and wont abide some lazy fob buying one of my dets and just duplicating months of work.

Please don't buy from this chap and do let your friends know. I'm going to file a report with eBay and after that, who knows. I've seen his feedback and he's sold more than one. If anyone out there knows if this guy;s in the 501st or other similar organization, please, let me know. Thanks.

Star Wars 1st Gen SU cast of Thermal Detonator W Lights - eBay (item 160519545804 end time Dec-21-10 13:40:12 PST)

Account Deactivated

Re: Recasting Scum

Nuclearsphinx on the RPF
    Let Art know, and make sure that you are 100% sure he is recasting your stuff.
    View Profile: Nuclearsphinx

From
    Portland

Yeah, I found him over there. He's actually banned there already. He purchased one Detonator from Cooter Davis over there and he's sold at least 2 through eBay according to the feedback on eBay. He's also selling them "unpolished". If he smells like a turd and looks like a turd,... most likely he's a turd.

From
    Portland

At this time I can not prove that he is recasting 100% or reselling. That said, his eBay description is a bold faced lie ("a 1st gen casting of a screen used original")and this leads me to believe in the likelihood that he's at least a liar. He's sent me several screaming rants via this board's PM system and Facebook. His main argument seems to be the 'uber-defense' of "You have no right to make these props because it's Star Wars and it's owned by 20th Century Fox" which leads me to believe this is his way of saying "so if you can copy them, I can copy you".

I'm not interested in being lied to on the internet of all places and aside from flying to Texas and seeing his workshop, I doubt I'll be able to verify anything at this time. I would however like to hear back from anyone if they see this guy selling more of my sculpt (which is pretty distinctive) in the future. Toward that end, here is the information I know to make it a matter of public record.

eBay ID: Hive_Of_Collectibles
    Forum Names: Xenomorph666
    Nuclearsphinx
    Names: Larry Nentwig (this name does not show up in Cooter's sale list but we know he purchased. He used an alias perhaps with Cooter?)

From
    Anchorage, Alaska

He is also selling non Star Wars items over on the Trek Prop Zone.

Rick