Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

RECASTING - A must read ...

From
    Germany

Re: RECASTING - A must read ...

FettDad said: View Post
    ... didnt even read your post Chris, i dont care ...
    That wasn´t neccessary Darrell.

We´re all the same age (almost) and I always thought I would be older than 3 years ...

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Not taking sides or anything here, but sometimes Chris' posts are a little long....HAH!

Regardless if you didn't know what you did was wrong, you still broke the rules here on TDH, and an apology most likely is in order. We all break rules every once and a while without noticing it, if I went to Michigan and took a left turn and got pulled over I wouldn't tell the officer, "I didn't know, I don't care ", I'd at least show a little remorse. An apology is the least you could do to help rectify the situation.

I think we can all here see that Chris is hurt over the situation at hand, and it has been pointed out by the Board Owner that you have broken the rules, regardless if you knew about it prior to what you were doing.

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Not taking sides or anything here, but sometimes Chris' posts are a little long....HAH!
    Again, par for the course

And I'll have enough of that. I see it every day lately.

I'm consistently hung out for "over long posts". Does it ever occur to anyone,
    that it's because I have something to say ?

Those that poke at me for having something to say, is only actually saying,
    they don't care. And that is fine. But there are those, that do care what my
    postion is on a given matter at hand.

I understand that this has become a "Wal-Mart" world of convenience. But
    when did we get too lazy to read? When did it become "not cool" or no
    longer "hip" to do what we as human beings do ?

Communicate?

If you don't care, or don't care read what I have to say,
    then don't. But the kidding has gone too far.

Thank you,

Chris

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Chris! I wasn't aware the joke would be hurtful.

If it makes you feel any better, I always read what you have to say, because I know you put a lot of thought into your posts

From
    Lewis Center, OH

fettpride said: View Post
    Darrell,

The fact is, whatever money you made from this, was money that was taken directly
    from me in a manner of speaking. But it's not as much about the money. Or I wouldn't
    have condoned Mike selling recasts of my holster to recuperate funds he lost in a deal
    gone sour with you. You left him in quite a lurch. So from a certain point of view, which
    no one seems to have picked up on yet, or acknowledged, that's even MORE money taken
    from me over all this.
    I am not taking sides because I am against recasting. Being an artist myself, I would hate if someone copied my work. I had a friend who would steal mere IDEAS from me and use them as his own after he milked me for info I foolishly gave up. Needless to say, we are not friends anymore. But Chris, I am sorry, I completely disagree with this copied statement. If you sell your molds, you got your money, unless the agreement is some ongoing thing where you get a percentage of each sale. But after the mold is sold, you really can't police what happens to it afterward. Again, I am not taking sides, if FettDad did what you allege, that is unethical, but not out of the realm of possibility. I see it happen to many lesser artists. And it sucks! I understand what he was trying to say earlier when he said we all steal here. As harsh as it sounds, he is right to an extent. How did we get here? How do we have these awesome things that we do? None of it is actually authorized. But most of the good stuff never is! I am just saying, think about why you yourself won't even post info on who you sell the GMH to because of copyright hurdles etc. I won't go into detail because I respect the privacy ou want to keep about the project. Yes it does suck when someone takes all your hard work and use it for themselves, it has happened to me. But when it all comes down to it, as I saw it referred to on another forum, these are really nothing more than "bootleg spacesuit parts."

My $.02
    Last edited by DarthVeach; May 3, 2011 at 7:29 PM.

DarthVeach said: View Post
    I am not taking sides because I am against recasting. Being an artist myself, I would hate if someone copied my work. I had a friend who would steal mere IDEAS from me and use them as his own after he milked me for info I foolishly gave up. Needless to say, we are not friends anymore. But Chris, I am sorry, I completely disagree with this copied statement. If you sell your molds, you got your money, unless the agreement is some ongoing thing where you get a percentage of each sale. But after the mold is sold, you really can't police what happens to it afterward. Again, I am not taking sides, if FettDad did what you allege, that is unethical, but not out of the realm of possibility. I see it happen to many lesser artists. And it sucks! I understand what he was trying to say earlier when he said we all steal here. As harsh as it sounds, he is right to an extent. How did we get here? How do we have these awesome things that we do? None of it is actually authorized. But most of the good stuff never is! I am just saying, think about why you yourself won't even post info on who you sell the GMH to because of copyright hurdles etc. I won't go into detail because I respect the privacy ou want to keep about the project. Yes it does suck when someone takes all your hard work and use it for themselves, it has happened to me. But when it all comes down to it, as I saw it referred to on another forum, these are really nothing more than "bootleg spacesuit parts."

My $.02
    The point you may be missing, perhaps because it's not been clarified properly, is that i never actually "sold "
    my molds, and currently produce these holsters. They were never discontinued.

Thanks
    Last edited by fettpride; May 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM.

From
    North Texas

I watched Flash of Genius the other night, and I thought of this thread. I would recommend it to those who have a dog in this fight. It is written from the engineers point of view but it is interesting to say the least. It is about th guy who invented the intermittent wind shield wiper. The court case at the end is specifically when I thought of all of this. I don't know if this adds to this thread but it shows that these types of disagreements are not new and are not isolated to our hobby.

I just hope this can be resolved to a reasonable end

my 2 cents

This is all very confusing.

FettDad -- I don't get it. I've been an "admin" here for... gah... probably a couple of years now? I haven't seen this rampant abuse of power you speak of. It's easy to vilify The Dent as this abusive forum-monster until you've been online with him at some ****** hour of the morning trying to figure out how to make the site work. It's easy to say Chris is making a ton of money on these helmets until you've actually spend 12 hours in your hole making helmets.

To me, they both seem like people just trying to do something good.

There haven't ever really been public staffing notices, and most of us who have moderator type access don't really even mention it (I bet there aren't a lot of folks here that know I'm a moderator!). So Asok not being on the staff anymore... I'm not sure why you would have expected an announcement? I seem to recall him transitioning out right around when I was coming on. There was some small overlap, but not much. I could just be blurring this up with another board though.

As for Chris being a god... I also don't get that. I see him more of a slave than anything else. The dude is sitting in a hole fiberglassing helmets in all of his spare time. And he's probably lucky if he makes $10 an hour doing it.

To the point of recasting: for me it's all about respect. I personally don't care about recasting at all. I invite everyone to recast any of my stuff and sell it anywhere and anyway they want. BUT, I respect other artists and their wishes. So if Chris says that a holster is his and asks us to not copy it, I respect that. It's not about "we're all thieves here", it's not about found parts... it's just about respecting other community members.

From
    Lewis Center, OH

I don't know either of you, I was merely stating an opinion from what I know. OK, he admitted it. He is a thief. I never said he was right. What can you do about it. Some people just suck ya know?
    Last edited by DarthVeach; May 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM.

Mullreel said: View Post

I just hope this can be resolved to a reasonable end

my 2 cents

It seriously bewilders me, that after all is said and done, that
    people use words like "Allegedly", and "Hope this can be
    resolved".

Am I seriously the only one on the planet that sees what
    has transpired here? Is there any way to resolve a situation
    where someone steals from you?

From
    Lewis Center, OH

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    I've been an "admin" here for... gah... probably a couple of years now?

There haven't ever really been public staffing notices, and most of us who have moderator type access don't really even mention it (I bet there aren't a lot of folks here that know I'm a moderator!). So Asok not being on the staff anymore... I'm not sure why you would have expected an announcement?
    How come the admin staff aren't more clearly tagged? I think it would be helpful. It is how I see it on a lot of other forums. "Admin" appears somewhere on their profile. Just an idea.

From
    Lewis Center, OH

resolved".

That is why I asked, what can you do? IT SUCKS. I would never engage in it myself. I completely AGREE with you. But what can you do? Have him arrested? It is not that kind of theft. I am sure he will be banned which I think is fitting but anything beyond that, ??? I have no ideas, but I am sure he will never be welcome here again.
    Last edited by DarthVeach; May 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

*** edited for a misunderstanding ***

Thanks
    Last edited by fettpride; May 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM.

From
    Alberta Canada

Its a Shame this is happening FettDad was the first person who extended a helping hand to me and infact recomened Fettpride to me
    so
    To FettDad (if you even read this) thanks and good luck on your future
    To Fettpride sorry you must constantly bear this burden and thank you for being very proffesional about this matter

From
    Lewis Center, OH

Edited due to misunderstanding!
    Last edited by DarthVeach; May 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM.

Why hasn't Fettdad been banned?

He took one of Fettpride's holsters and knowingly recast it, then sold the copies.
    I have been banned from this very forum just for (admittedly) being an A-hole, yet Fettdad gets a bye on recasting?

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

wow darrell

refer to post 11...i...recast...nothing...get the facts straight before you burn me at the stake...thanks...

wow dom...

and Nathan, banning me only hurts those i have obligations with... keep that in mind...

i dont care if i get banned...i am removing myself from TDH for personal reasons anyways...so idle threats of my banning dont affect me...i did my research on FOUND items, i spoke with quote admin at the time, and got the ok... making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...

and making money on these holsters? wow...i sent out less than 10...what a killing i made...

'nuff said...
    Last edited by FettDad; May 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

So if stormrider was taking his time sending out kits for blasters and i recasted his kit that would be ok how? You really couldnt read Chris's reply, thats kinda childish that you "dont care." Thats what I wow'd at...your lack of respect for other people here just goes to show your simply trying to hide that you got caught in a mess. You wont admit it playing John Wayne and sticking to your I did nothing wrong wont help the fact that the holsters were recasted. Not recasted originals but recasted from a FP holster not a genuine Nemrod. Who ever did the recasting FOR you recasted it you sold the recasted item. Either way just as bad you KNOWINGLY sold FP recasted holsters.

how am i hiding? i am here...it doesnt matter what he says...i did what i felt was right, went thru the said channels and resources, and made a decision...running? how?

you dont think its right what i did, then dont do it...i was told it was ok, and felt it was right... not going to happen again...
    Last edited by FettDad; May 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

resolved".

I understand what you're saying here... the holster you molded was recast. Not another Nemrod holster. The one you molded had a major "tell" on the front as well other nicks/ scratches/ nuances only you would know about.

I think that those who haven't read the earlier post don't get this point.

I see how you feel betrayed and sympathize with you Chris.
    Last edited by clonecollector; May 3, 2011 at 7:05 PM.

DarthVeach said: View Post
    Excuse me?? I NEVER said I did not want to do business with you.
    You are absolutely right buddy. You did not. And I do apologize. I was actually confusing you with another
    member too. Sort of melding you together. I overstepped. Might I suggest you and I editing our posts and
    shaking hands Tensions are running quite high at the moment. Myself is to whom I refer I will
    edit my posts right now.

... making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...

'nuff said...
    Seriously man ? It's little nippy statements like that that, you seem to think people
    don't see right through. But just to clarify in case someone hasn't already figured
    out what that meant ...

You've purchased at least 3 sets of everything I've ever made.
    I sincerely hope, that isn't a threat of action, recasting my
    other items. Or to be more specific, paying "someone else"
    to recast my other items.

For you to consistently refer to any potential reprimand for
    your actions being a "harm to others" you have business
    with, also sounds like somewhat of a threat, Darrell.

This is senseless for you to act this way. As you've pointed
    out, you're a Teacher, and what I considered to be one
    hell of a stand up guy. Don't lower yourself this way man

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

Goodness. I just finished reading this entire thread. I can't believe I am still awake. Not a poke, reading usually puts me out cold. I have had dealings and/or conversations with nearly every poster here, and respect you all. One thing I am still dark about is why Darrel is still being attacked.

#11 was a very interesting post. Based on that post alone, I can't see why everyone seems to want to bury Darrel. Again I have read every single post. Something seems to be missing. Instinct says there is more to the story. I have not read anything saying that Darrel outright commissioned Stormrider to make cast of the Holster. But maybe I missed it.

As for Darrel's lack of apologies, he seems to have stated himself very clearly as to his understanding of the rules (at the time). Why apologize for being called a thief, when you don't believe you are and feel wrongly accused. And again, doesn't Stormrider rate for any of the wrath being wrought on Darrel.

and Nathan, banning me only hurts those i have obligations with... keep that in mind...
    It hurts you by letting the people on this forum (and other forums) know that you are a recaster.
    The obligations that you had with members of this forum are unaffected. You already have their addresses and can continue to mail the items you have already sold.
    This will also prohibit you from selling any more items to members on this forum.

i dont care if i get banned...i am removing myself from TDH for personal reasons anyways...so idle threats of my banning dont affect me...
    The "personal reasons" you mention wouldn't be the fact that you got busted recasting Fettpride would it?
    i did my research on FOUND items, i spoke with quote admin at the time, and got the ok...
    Apparently, you did not do enough research, or you would have found out that you cannot recast another member's work.
    And as far as "FOUND" items go, I the only thing you "FOUND" was Chris' holster .
    making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...
    Good luck having any dealings with a reputable vendor after word gets out that you are a recaster.
    That is, unless they are of the same level of character and integrity as yourself.

and making money on these holsters? wow...i sent out less than 10...what a killing i made...
    It's not about the money. It's about you breaking the rules.
    'nuff said...
    I hardly believe that to be true.There will be much more to be said.