REAL COSTUMED HERO PATROLS THE STREETS

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Re: REAL COSTUMED HERO PATROLS THE STREETS

That article need PHOTOS!!

Account Deactivated

Double post
    Last edited by slave1pilot; Apr 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM.

Account Deactivated

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    That article need PHOTOS!!
    Here's one;

From
    Cincinnati, OH

I thought I heard a blurb about this on the radio advertising for the nightly news...forgot to watch it though.

From
    i live in a small town in Norway, Scandinavia

two things...

1: is this serious?

2: why does shadow hare have a silver fox on his shirt?

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

Did you watch the video? Good stuff.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

that's pretty cool. there are plenty of way worse things a 21 year old could be doing with his time.

From
    nj

Man They can actually walk out side with their faces covered? If I did that in my neighborhood I'd be arrested before I could close my front door. I just hope they wear some type of body armor to protect against knives and bullets. They prolly saw watchmen and said hey we can do those costumes. LOL

From
    The Cold Widwest

I've seen something like that....My personal opinon....This is a bad idea.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

My first thought is the beginning of Dark Knight with the copy cat Batman(s). Cincinnati isn't so horrible that he'll end up killed out of spite or anything. I'm not sure yet if it's a good idea or not though. Like someone else said, I hope he is at least wearing some sort of armor.

From
    Iowa

Wow, I'm sorry but that made me laugh so hard. He seems like a good guy, but he is going to get shot or knifed. This is a bad idea.

IMO, it makes costumers look like dorks. Even though these guys aren't actual costumers or propbuilders or whatever, the general public will associate them with the stuff we do. Ever went out on free comic book day dressed? Ya, some people think you're a dork....like those guys are.

From
    San Diego, CA

Hmm....wow. Lol. Well they are arguably less "dorks" than any costumers if they are actually stopping crimes. But I'm guessing that the truth is that they are rarely involved in any type of intervention.

Still, entertaining and if they actually do help somehow, well then more power to em.

By the way, don't forget to check out their website, also entertaining.

http://www.worldsuperheroregistry.com/

From
    San Diego, CA

From
    Colorado

rotflmao That was great

From
    Iowa

ShocKWavE said: View Post
    Hmm....wow. Lol. Well they are arguably less "dorks" than any costumers if they are actually stopping crimes. But I'm guessing that the truth is that they are rarely involved in any type of intervention.

Still, entertaining and if they actually do help somehow, well then more power to em.

By the way, don't forget to check out their website, also entertaining.

http://www.worldsuperheroregistry.com/
    Haha, well it is cool that they want to make a difference, but...it is weird. Go out and volunteer somewhere or something, but don't go running around in spandex "fighting crime". This is going to add to stereotypes about people who chill at comic book stores or have costumes.

It is cool that they were giving sandwiches to homeless people. They seem like goodhearted people...but it is STILL very strange.

Oh wait! You can get those wrestling masks in the streets of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for about 5 pesos.

It's a little bit sad in a way. I do not think they have a clear understanding that the whole superhero idea in comics and in movies is a FANTASY and can not work in real life the way it does in the movies. The very fact that it is so far-fetched is one of its appeals at the box office. A 21 year old with no resources and no actual superhuman abilities is just an accident or tragedy waiting to happen. Yes, I agree with those who have said it is reminiscent of the fanboy Batman copycat at the beginning of Dark Knight (apropos prediction by the screenwriter's awareness of the audience who watches the film he is writing).

Rest assured, no matter what happens with these guys, anyone in a costume outside of Halloween will be seen as a dork, fighting crime or no. Nothing new. Our status is quite safe!
    Last edited by Lufo1138; Apr 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM.

From
    Australia

It begins as a civic duty but what happens when the 'bad guys' get together to 'teach' these guys a lesson? If your going to work on the side of Justice then do it from the shadows! Geez talk about putting a bulls eye on your back!

From
    The Cold Widwest

BH Reaper said: View Post
    It begins as a civic duty but what happens when the 'bad guys' get together to 'teach' these guys a lesson? If your going to work on the side of Justice then do it from the shadows! Geez talk about putting a bulls eye on your back!
    Agreed.

*League of EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL*

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

They just been made. Now, some one will attempt to look for one of these guys, and effectively remove them. They have become part of the problem, though commendable in thier efforts. Here in my town for example, recently, the SB police broke up a confrontation between two rival gangs. When they arrested most of the trouble makers, the remaining, unarrested gang members went after the cops on scene, in broad daylight, in a concerted effort to over power the police. No on in SB has any idea what these criminals were even thinking, and thats a big part of the problem today in most cities. What are these people thinking? They are empowered in their mind set. It's scary. If cops are being challenged, these do gooders in costumes are gonna get in big trouble fast.

Real life vigilantes go unseen, unheard, and do not interfere with the law and law enforcement. They attend City Council meetings and lobby for new laws and protections the democratic way. This ain't Hollywood, it's real life and real life isn't scripted. One these guys will be arrested and charged for endangerment etc. when something they get involved with goes south, especially if loss of life occurs, no matter how well intented they were.

Edit: I do want to say that I do think these guys mean well, and my prayers go to them for there safety. They are bringing a level of awareness to the crime problems we face today

BH Reaper said: View Post
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Apr 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

From
    Fremont, CA

I thought this clip was hella funny too, i couldn't help but think of Nacho Libre. Look I'm sure their good kids with their heart in the right place, i just don't want to see any of them getting hurt......
    Don't you love when kids think their doing something no one else has ever thought of
    I first wanted to to hella make fun of these poor kid for dressing up like super heroes but thin it hit me, We all want to dress up like Boba Fett

From
    Plano, Texas

Never thought of?

Even if you're not a big comic book fan, try to catch up on the series "Kick AS*". Written by Mark Millar (Writer of 'WANTED') and art by JR Jr.

Its basically a teenager (set in today's timeframe) who buys a scuba suit and some billyclubs and starts fighting bad guys (muggers, vandalizers, mobsters etc) and gets famous on youtube, and starts getting networked with other kid/teens wanting to be like him. It's what real life superheroes would be like. Very well written series. They are actually filming the movie right now.

From
    Parker, Colorado

HAHAHA this made me laugh

As everyone else has said, the concept of superheroes doesn't work that great in real life, especially in broad day light. A newspaper here in Colorado did an article a month or so ago about one of these guys in Denver. while reading it I couldn't tell if it was serious or not.

I think Shadowhare and his partners could benefit from some time at the gym. They don't look like they'd be that much of a threat against an attacker.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

corby said: View Post

I think Shadowhare and his partners could benefit from some time at the gym. They don't look like they'd be that much of a threat against an attacker.

quoted for emphasis