Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Jan 16, 2008, 6:31 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #51

So we could call you the Webwalker

Quote webchief said: View Post
    Yeah, no kidding... I guess I need to go buy a walker now!
    Jan 16, 2008, 9:23 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #52

what.! no man, anyone that is around 20 grew up more on the OT than the prequels. I'd say birthdays in the 90s grew up on prequels.

Being born in the 80s meant : star wars, gijoes, ninja turtles, masters of the universe, marvel, dc, aliens, etc. etc.

i think the reason the prequels disappoint me so much is the fact at how much better the OT really is

-Quinn
    Jan 16, 2008, 9:46 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #53

I was born in 85, and I also grew up on the OT. I got really big into it though when the OT came out on tape for "the last time." it was also the same year the POTF 2 line came out, and then i got treated to getting the chance to see them in the theaters in 97. been die hard ever since.
    Jan 16, 2008, 11:54 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #54

Quote Vable Boba said: View Post
    I was born in 85, and I also grew up on the OT. I got really big into it though when the OT came out on tape for "the last time." it was also the same year the POTF 2 line came out, and then i got treated to getting the chance to see them in the theaters in 97. been die hard ever since.
    yeah, that definitely was cool too. i hated some stuff about the special editions (jabba in ANH and the sarlacc mouth in ROTJ) (also the cantina alien replacements) but seeing STARWARS in general on a big screen was amazing.
    I wasn't of comprehendable age when ROTJ came out in 1983, it would have been cool to see at least one original release in theatres but ah well.

the special editions in theatres were great for getting people back into star wars or into
    Jan 16, 2008, 2:13 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #55

Im 22 and i like all the movies, but i must say, i am much much more an EU person. I don't really live in the movies too much.
    Jan 16, 2008, 3:54 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #56

Quote shortimer52 said: View Post
    After reading this!

God I feel old
    You and me both pal - 29 over here, old timer
    Jan 16, 2008, 5:04 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #57

90' kid here, and still OT all the way. But the clonetroopers are indeed cool But I hated the new Vader
    Jan 16, 2008, 5:39 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #58

Quote Got Maul said: View Post
    A good story is a good story, timeless and not defined by better special effects.
    Here here !!!!

Saw Episode 4 the day it premiered. I was 5 or 6. It's been a way of life every since. Yeah, feelin old !

I think that more of the "younger crowd" in general would prefer the OT more than one might think. It is timeless. And story driven, not SPFX driven. And although it's a bit dated in the SPFX respect, I don't think it's something that a "younger" person would look at like "we" (the older crowd) would look at "War of the Worlds" and go ... "yuk, it feels too old". George was waaaaay ahead of his years, and gave the best of both worlds at the time. They have stood the test of time, and probably always will.

Oh, and "Death" to Jar-Jar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FP
    Jan 17, 2008, 2:09 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #59

I definitely love the OT way better and I'm 20

Forcebewitya.