Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 12, 2007, 3:29 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #26

I don't know, I watched the original first when I was uber little, before ep 123. I think I still have the tape for New Hope. R2 was my fovarite because I thought he was SO CUTE. Anyways, it's not like I was into SW when I was a kid (I was busy with barbie dolls and stuff) however my first logo set was a Biker Tropper set with Luke.
    O_o
    I saw ep1 when it came out and had no idea what was going on. I skipped ep2 and then I went and saw ep3 in the theatre because I thought Darth Vader was hot.
    I think that's when I finially got into it because I was like 'dude, R2 kicked ***'. But I got more and more into it after I started to make my custome (I had done many customes from other movies before). And now, damn it, I'm obsessed.

Oh and young Obi is hot too... and Han solo... hmmm Han Solo... the original Jack Sparrow...
    Nov 12, 2007, 6:30 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #27

I think evryone figures that younger people prefer the prequels....But I'm here to tell you that the Prequels where bad even for us younger people! I hate the sillyness of the PT, not to mention it would of helped a WHOLE LOT to have had a story.......OT all the way baby!
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Nov 12, 2007, 7:08 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #28

I fit into the "younger" category, and I like the old movies way more. They have grown up Boba!!!
    Nov 12, 2007, 7:19 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #29

however my first logo set was a Biker Tropper set with Luke.
    No kidding. That was my first lego set as well.

This one here: http://www.fbtb.net/sets/7128/7128_box.jpg
    Nov 12, 2007, 7:50 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #30

Born in 91 - and I watched the OT on cassette. I saw Ep I, II, and III all on release day, and Ep I what made me a hardcore SW fan. I loved seeing the new movies in the theaters and have better memories of them. Do I prefer them over the OT? Not really - but its that warm fuzzy kid feeling I get when I watch all of them.
    Nov 12, 2007, 7:53 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #31

I'm pretty sure that the younger audience that will like the prequels more will be around 10 and younger - not 20 and younger.
    Nov 12, 2007, 8:34 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #32

Quote Sarim Thiri said: View Post
    No kidding. That was my first lego set as well.

This one here: http://www.fbtb.net/sets/7128/7128_box.jpg
    holy snap!!!!

Legos FTW!!!

Anyways I don't think the movies are what turned me into a hard core fan. It's only after reading the novels that I become obsessed. (Han Solo trilogy, then legacy, and a few comics) So you can say I'm more of a fan of the EU then the movies
  8. Nov 12, 2007, 10:18 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #33

I'm 17 and I think my favorite might be episode II. But that might just be on account of my Jango Fett-ish. I really liked episode V too...
    Nov 13, 2007, 12:14 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #34

ahhhhhh the "original" star wars legos. I remember see the banners for them in Toy R' Us when I was about 7 or 8 and getting so excited that i drove my parents crazy. they came out on January 22nd if I recollect correctly...yeah I actually remember lol
    Nov 13, 2007, 1:48 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #35

I'm 21, so I was 12 when TPM came out in theatres. And yes, I'll admit it, I was a Jarjar fan. I even learned the voice, and would mimic him in school just to annoy other people.

Personally, I could not pick one trilogy over the other. I love Star Wars in its entirety. I prefer some aspects of each over the other. Aside from the obviously better digital effects, the prequels have better locations, and a more diverse population, IMO. However, the originals have better characterization. It's a balance.

In my eyes, though, Star Wars is nothing without the EU. That's what I love most, especially the NJO and Legacy eras. And anything with Mandalorians. Kar'buir has really made a remarkable culture. In my eyes, she's right up there with Tolkien in terms of how much passion, detail, and depth she has in her writing.
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Nov 13, 2007, 2:26 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #36

I am 15, and I prefer the OT rather than the Prequels....
    Nov 13, 2007, 8:22 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #37

I do beleive my first figure that was non-vintage was a SOTE Luke in Gaurd Disguise.....And then it went all down hill from there.
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 13, 2007, 12:18 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #38

Quote ShatirLavan said: View Post
    I'm 21, so I was 12 when TPM came out in theatres. And yes, I'll admit it, I was a Jarjar fan. I even learned the voice, and would mimic him in school just to annoy other people.

Personally, I could not pick one trilogy over the other. I love Star Wars in its entirety. I prefer some aspects of each over the other. Aside from the obviously better digital effects, the prequels have better locations, and a more diverse population, IMO. However, the originals have better characterization. It's a balance.

In my eyes, though, Star Wars is nothing without the EU. That's what I love most, especially the NJO and Legacy eras. And anything with Mandalorians. Kar'buir has really made a remarkable culture. In my eyes, she's right up there with Tolkien in terms of how much passion, detail, and depth she has in her writing.
    Jar Jar ownz.
    Nov 13, 2007, 3:45 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #39

I'm almost 16 now but I like the OT better then 1/2/3, Ok I DO like episode 1/2/3 all those CGI battles, but damn CGI. its just amazing what effect you can create with some smoke and explosives and still make it realistic.

Ruben
    Nov 13, 2007, 3:50 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #40

After reading this!

God I feel old
    Nov 13, 2007, 4:20 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #41

Born in 86. My dad took me to see the re-release of the OT and I have been hooked ever since. The prequels could never match the OT in my mind. The older movies seem more realistic due to the lack of technology at their disposal at the time. It was also more epic in my mind. The prequels felt more like a side story... it was really cool to see many parts of the OT grow into what they would later be. I can't help but love the clone troopers though.
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 Silver Fett's Avatar
    Nov 15, 2007, 6:17 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #42

Born in 1990 and still 17, I grew up with the Prequel trilogy. But when it comes down to it, I would choose the Original Trilogy. Not because of the story but because of the cool characters. Their is the fuzz ball Chewie, the wize an slick Han Solo, the giant rancor, and my favorite of course....Boba Fett.
    Dec 3, 2007, 10:13 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #43

Im 19 so ever since i could walk it was starwars this starwars that
    ESB RTJ pwn all other episodes, parts of 2 and 3 were good, 1 was only cool when maul got chop'd but they just dont even come close to the esb or jedi. he should have just made 1 2 3 just the same way he did with 4 5 6. 1 2 3 almost feel like episodes to a different movie if you understand where im coming from...its like someone else wanted to tell starwars and made it on their computer and greenscreened it all, 4 5 6 have soul .
    Dec 3, 2007, 10:20 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #44

Quote walshafett said: View Post
    Im 19 so ever since i could walk it was starwars this starwars that
    ESB RTJ pwn all other episodes, parts of 2 and 3 were good, 1 was only cool when maul got chop'd but they just dont even come close to the esb or jedi. he should have just made 1 2 3 just the same way he did with 4 5 6. 1 2 3 almost feel like episodes to a different movie if you understand where im coming from...its like someone else wanted to tell starwars and made it on their computer and greenscreened it all, 4 5 6 have soul .
    Ha ha, now that would be a great bumper sticker. "The OT's got SOUL!"
    Dec 3, 2007, 11:13 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #45

Quote shortimer52 said: View Post
    After reading this!

God I feel old
    You and me both bro...hard to believe I'm almost twice the age of the Hunters in this thread.

Tim.
    Dec 6, 2007, 8:49 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #46

Quote Halo_1 said: View Post
    You and me both bro...hard to believe I'm almost twice the age of the Hunters in this thread.

Tim.
    Yeah, no kidding... I guess I need to go buy a walker now!
    Dec 6, 2007, 9:24 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #47

Not to worry guys as I too am twice the age of the majority of the posters in this thread. I remember growing up with the original trilogy ( saw them all in the theater ), and I had a good chunk of the toys as well... too bad I sold them all off a few decades ago.
    Dec 6, 2007, 10:30 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #48

I have no preference of SW films. I grew up watching ANH constantly on VHS.
    It wasn't until '93 or '94 that I knew there were ESB and ROTJ. I was uber-freaked out by Vader's helmet coming off. I had a certain image of him and then they flip it around on me.
    score:
    ANH--****
    ESB--****
    ROTJ--****

Once TPM was released, I thought "Cool!!!!"
    JarJar was cool to me at the time. He was the first TPM figure I got, followed by C3PO and a battle droid. I had *most* of the figures from the film.
    Score:
    AOCT came out, and I was "Sweet......is JarJar going to get shot?"
    Well, he didn't. The hundreds of jedi was cool.
    I liked it, but there were still a few things missing to me.
    score:
    ** 1/2

ROTS.......well, the clone armor was cool. The fights were awesome, and it was great to see Mace fight like he meant it. Still wanted to see JarJar get basted a little.
    Score:
    ***3/4

Total:
    OT wins by 2 3/4 stars.

If they would ahve made the prequels with the same "feel" as the original trilogy, it would be ultimately awesome!!! If they had some sense of continuity, it'd be perfect.

OKay, I might have a slight lean toward the original trilogy. lol
    Dec 7, 2007, 8:12 AM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #49

Quote Zurath Kodul said: View Post

If they would ahve made the prequels with the same "feel" as the original trilogy, it would be ultimately awesome!!! If they had some sense of continuity, it'd be perfect.
    I completely agree with that statement! TPM, AOTC, ROTS just don't feel liks SW films...more like there own autonomous action/sci-fi flicks... They just don't flow with ANH, EWB and ROTJ.

They are good films...just not what I consider Star Wars to be.
  25. Dec 7, 2007, 3:04 PM - Re: A Question for the younger crowd- #50

18, Original Trilogy all the way man