Subscribe
    Nov 25, 2007, 9:27 PM - Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #1

So here's a question Ive been pondering for the looooooooongest time. Has anyone else ever produced an actual Darktrooper costume before?

The reason Im asking, is because I cant seem to find any valid proof that such a person ever has. I know of only 2 other people that attempted, but due to I would call "bad luck," they never succeeded.

So the other day, a fellow 501st member brought to my attention that in fact, someone has! However, he could not back up any proof or pictures. Apprently, the guy never joined the 501st with this at all, or anything that I know for that matter.

Ive searched till my eyes almost fell out for many days in a row to figure this out, to no avail or conclusion. I find just countless conversations of year's past, of people on forums, just like these asking when their goin to see the darktrooper ever made into a costume and who's goin to be "the first"

-tubachris
    Nov 25, 2007, 9:36 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #2

Weren't you working on a set?

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else, but I remember seeing a darktrooper progress thread on TDH a while back that was (I think) making good progress.
    Nov 25, 2007, 9:41 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #3

Quote Zurath Kodul said: View Post
    Weren't you working on a set?

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else, but I remember seeing a darktrooper progress thread on TDH a while back that was (I think) making good progress.
    LOL yes, that is me. Thanks for the compliment. Im going to start getting hardcore work on this now
  4. Nov 26, 2007, 2:26 PM - first known attempt; #4

1996 (First hit under Google search engine for "Darktrooper Costume")

Found at Valhalla Arms.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by The Clone Emperor; Nov 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM.
    Nov 26, 2007, 2:46 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #5

Wow - for 1996 - that is really not bad at all!
    Nov 26, 2007, 3:34 PM - Re: first known attempt; #6

Quote The Clone Emperor said: View Post

Found at Valhalla Arms.

I hope this helps.
    AH HA! LOL

I searched exactly that, and this image never even showed up, I wonder why...

Well that pretty much answer's it for me. I guess I'll be the 2nd then
    Nov 26, 2007, 3:36 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #7

interesting site too
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 26, 2007, 5:23 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #8

When have you worked on the DT last?
    Nov 26, 2007, 6:27 PM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #9

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    When have you worked on the DT last?
    Last week, not much though. I went searching at home depot today for some foam of any kind. All they had was cheap styrafoam in sheet form. Was pretty brittle though. I was planning on working on the shoulder bell today, but it was pouring rain all afternoon, my only work space is outside unfortunatly. Im goin to work on the biceps tomorrow, I have some thin wood to cut and add to the molds to finish them off. Im goin to use the theatre's cutting tools to make more accurate cuts than what my jiggsaw does.

-tubachris
    Nov 28, 2007, 9:44 AM - Re: Question to set the record straight about Darktrooper's #10

I just picked up the new darktrooper action figure. Keep an eye out for it, might be a good reference material; I think it is a new sculpt.
    Nov 28, 2007, 6:22 PM - Re: first known attempt; #11

Quote The Clone Emperor said: View Post

Found at Valhalla Arms.

I hope this helps.

I thought Dark Troopers were black... Well at least they are in Star wars Battlefront.
    Nov 28, 2007, 6:28 PM - Re: first known attempt; #12

Quote Slave1Droid said: View Post
    I thought Dark Troopers were black... Well at least they are in Star wars Battlefront.
    They are actually dark grey. In dark forces, they were an even much darker shade of grey