Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 21, 2008, 12:18 AM - Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #1

Hi. I'm looking to have a shirt made by someone who knows how to do such things from scratch. Given that this is TDH and quality/movie resemblance are a top priority here, I thought that this would be a good place to start. I'm looking for a contact/ rough estimate on the cost of having this shirt designed. Below are some links to the shirt.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/370DSC_3089_3x4.jpg
    http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/370DSC_3088_3x4.jpg
    http://www.comics2film.com/g/index.php?cat=11
    Last edited by pizzaman24; May 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM.
    May 21, 2008, 12:42 AM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #2

Your last 3 links don't work, it gives this message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /g/albums/ok/batman/trl_05/normal_TDK_TRL3_475.jpg on this server.

Good luck with your project I'm sure someone here can help you.
  3. May 21, 2008, 12:47 AM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #3

Pizzaman24
    I think you biggest hurdle would be finding a textile that closely resembles that fabric for starters.
    But as far a shirt it is fairly simple tailored shirt and I would be willing to help you.

Christi
    May 21, 2008, 1:21 AM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #4

Yep... what crazy4BobaFett said! Shirt looks pretty straight-forward to me too.

Have to say that is some pretty ugly fabric though!
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 22, 2008, 1:40 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #5

ya, very ugly lol. but ya. So for the texttile, is that something someone could make on here? if not, where could i find someone who could if it isn't out there.
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 22, 2008, 1:46 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #6

Quote [TAG]Jaster said: View Post
    Your last 3 links don't work, it gives this message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /g/albums/ok/batman/trl_05/normal_TDK_TRL3_475.jpg on this server.

Good luck with your project I'm sure someone here can help you.
    fixed the problem. just a straight link to the gallery of photos. thanks for the heads up!
    May 22, 2008, 10:42 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #7

Quote pizzaman24 said: View Post
    ya, very ugly lol. but ya. So for the texttile, is that something someone could make on here? if not, where could i find someone who could if it isn't out there.

Dude, good luck on that, no one here makes textiles to my knoweledge. But trying to find that even somewhere as vast as the LA Fabric District, would be like trying to search for a needle in a hey stack.
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 24, 2008, 6:52 AM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #8

Quote DarthCarcinus said: View Post
    Dude, good luck on that, no one here makes textiles to my knoweledge. But trying to find that even somewhere as vast as the LA Fabric District, would be like trying to search for a needle in a hey stack.

ya. it seems like it will be very difficult. thus far i have yet to find it on the web. I'm sure they made the textile specifically for this so it won't be out there
  9. May 26, 2008, 7:23 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #9

Try looking in the quilting section at Joann's or Hancock Fabrics. They usually have printed fabric in patterns you wouldn't normally use for clothing.
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    May 26, 2008, 7:36 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #10

I really have no good idea at all. This is why I have not posted. I know how difficult it is just to find a specific solid color in the correct material type and weight.

It will be very problematic to find that exact pattern.

Good Luck to you!!
  11. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 27, 2008, 2:24 AM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #11

Quote LadySewforus said: View Post
    I really have no good idea at all. This is why I have not posted. I know how difficult it is just to find a specific solid color in the correct material type and weight.

It will be very problematic to find that exact pattern.

Good Luck to you!!
    dang... ya, I guess I'll just keep looking. Thanks for the advice everyone, maybe I'll get lucky
  12. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 28, 2008, 2:23 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #12

may have found someone to make the textile, but kind of pricy...
    May 28, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #13

i'd imagine that the movie fabric is custom silk screened fabric. sithcamaro on the RPF is working on making some up. he sells the tie on ebay, and said the fabric/shirts are coming soon.

i'd imagine the cost would be very, very high... i wouldn't be surprised by $50 a yard or more.
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    May 28, 2008, 7:50 PM - Re: Question for a seamstress or tailor of some sort. . . #14

Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    i'd imagine that the movie fabric is custom silk screened fabric. sithcamaro on the RPF is working on making some up. he sells the tie on ebay, and said the fabric/shirts are coming soon.

i'd imagine the cost would be very, very high... i wouldn't be surprised by $50 a yard or more.

this specific shirt?