Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Public Apology to FettPride(Chris)

Re: Public Apology to FettPride(Chris)

Wes said: View Post

Well, another person with the same prototype casting has offered them for $50 each. So you tell me...
    Very interesting. Who is this person, and where did they post the offer to sell casts for $50? I am just asking because I haven't seen any posts about this here at TDH. Did I miss the post? Or is it on some other site? Just curious. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly point me in the right direction.

It wasn't ever offered publicly Lufo, nor was it ever offered for 50 dollars...
    Last edited by Gilmortar; Dec 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM.

Account Deactivated

Lufo1138 said: View Post
    Very interesting. Who is this person, and where did they post the offer to sell casts for $50? I am just asking because I haven't seen any posts about this here at TDH. Did I miss the post? Or is it on some other site? Just curious. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly point me in the right direction.
    Its on another site.

From
    The miserable mill

Lol, I love the contribution to the recasting debate. MR now acceptable to recast.. Yes you can mod it out, but I will agree that no one here can call it their helmet, no matter how much they change it, just like any other prop. Unless you scratched it/collected found parts I don't agree with stamping your name on the mold...especially with the whole no intended profit argument.

Account Deactivated

CombatBaby said: View Post
    Lol, I love the contribution to the recasting debate. MR now acceptable to recast.. Yes you can mod it out, but I will agree that no one here can call it their helmet, no matter how much they change it, just like any other prop. Unless you scratched it/collected found parts I don't agree with stamping your name on the mold...especially with the whole no intended profit argument.
    I agree with you CB, that is my whole point. FP should call it what it is, an MR recast and nothing more.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

agree with you CB. that is whole point on this.

then you have the guantlet missile incident that was supposed to be the mother of all boba guantlet missiles only to find out it was a jango missile.

but that is another topic entirely.

From
    Germany

mrbungle said: View Post
    ... then you have the guantlet missile incident that was supposed to be the mother of all boba guantlet missiles only to find out it was a jango missile.
    Last edited by mmgraphics; Dec 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM.

From
    Ontario, Canada

Not to sidetrack this too much....The missile in question is Russ'?

Account Deactivated

mmgraphics said: View Post
    Are you satisfied now?

CombatBaby didnīt even recognize that FP has altered the helmet ...
    Because he hasn't, all that has happened is he painted it and added his logo. There are no WIP to state otherwise and it doesn't really matter if he did change it. he didn't use it as a base to resculpt anything to warrant it being his and his alone. When someone recast's this helmet, we will see the stink.

Realistically prop-educated people can see what is going on, there shouldn't be a need to hype anything. If someone wants a MR Recast they can get it. He is not making anything available to anyone that hasn't been offered before. But spend you money how you want. I personally will buy cake. You can buy pie if you want.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

PEEL1965 said: View Post
    Not to sidetrack this too much....The missile in question is Russ'?

no. it was the FP guantlet missile run awhile back.......

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Not Russ, bud.

The missile they're talking about is the one 'Texas Fett Productions' (with FP in the team) made a few months ago.

Account Deactivated

Mr.B is showing the common pattern...

Account Deactivated

Mr.B is showing the common pattern...
    He actually editid that post. Check my post for the origional

From
    Germany

The more is written the more you guys seem to think your statements are of anyones interest ... thatīs why I edited my post and stop writing on this thread now.

I just wonder why you dudes always see the bad in everything ... itīs a bad behavior.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I can certainly understand this take from a particular POV, but Sgt Fang and Marrow Sun did exactly that with the Mystery helmet and no one batted and eye and members lined up to buy and buy and buy and if Fang or Sun had been recast, I'll bet the community would have been up in arms. Because of things like this, the attack on FP is coming off more as people who simply have issues with FP personally and not with his helmet. I do find it incredibly telling that the Self-Appointed Recasting Police are now threatening to recast the MR prototype in an effort to undermine what they are condemning FP for doing... Just shows the duplicity and character of certain individuals and the character of those who hover about them and speak for them... It also shows what they are truly about which has nothing to do with protecting the greater community at all, but pushing their own hypocritical agendas.

It is sad to see that, as usual, this is actually an issue of personalities and not an issue of content as some would try to make it appear.
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Dec 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM.

Account Deactivated

The more is written the more you guys seem to think your statements are of anyones interest ... thatīs why I edited my post and stop writing on this thread now.

I just wonder why you dudes always see the bad in everything ... itīs a bad behavior.

If you have no problem accepting the fact that FP is taking the prototype, copying it and telling you that you cannot copy it and calling it his own helmet, I will post no further in this thread.

Do you recognize and accept that is what he is doing?

It isn't a matter of him recasting it and simply selling copies Wes. He took a copy, RETOOLED it by hand and eliminated imperfections and brought more accurate perspectives to it.

If you took an FX helmet, and reworked it to a better piece that was more screen accurate, would you accept that its alright for anyone to go and recast that piece after you took the time to refinish and fix inaccuracies on it?

There was the exact same debate when the DP Deluxe was recast for group use, and you know why? Because then the people with the DP Deluxe who felt special because they could afford the 400 dollar helmet now weren't the only ones with a DP Deluxe.

You guys are so quick to call out Chris as a Recaster, yet lets really get to the bottom of this and find out where this "so-called" $50 helmet is coming from? Maybe from someone who doesn't regularly frequent the boards anymore?

The deal here isn't that Chris is putting his stamp on someone else who is here at TDH. It's not like he took a Terminal Fettler helmet, and reworked it, and said he sculpted it from scratch which is what has happened with others here in the past. He took a produced item, that didn't quite have it all perfect and made it a little more accurate and is NOW making it available to other members. And he isn't lying and saying he built it from scratch. He is telling everyone where its origins came from. And ya know...150 bucks really isnt ALL THAT BAD OF A PRICE. Considering you spend atleast ohh....around $225-$250 dollars in making just a small simple glove mold of the helmet. Then not to mention the amount of money spent in resin and fiberglassing material.

And resin alone for a helmet going gelcoat, matting, cover coats, can range up to 50-70 per helmet...

So yeah...if someone wants to do them at cost then sure its a great idea. People have done that in the BudgetFett threads. But some who intend to offer more things to people in the future, have to also take into account future materials costs.

We all know this...so cmon Wes, you know its not a real money making issue. If that were the deal, we would have much more Fett License holders among us selling us items for quadruple the money and we would all be walking around as automaton Fetts...an army of Cloned Fett's? so to speak?

And Mr.Bungle.........

i could say the same of you and the company you keep. i speak for myself and what i see on here. anyone that speaks out against,critiques or questions FP is automatically a villian and is blackballed on here. that is not an opinion but fact.
    That would be a negative...I am not for nor against FP. I don't actually own an item of FP's for my Fett to be frank. But I know the difference between "speaking of what you see here" and speaking in Proxy of someone's views who aren't present on the boards currently.

And as for my "company"...that would be that of this community. The best of my friends in this life, are from this board that I have known for over a decade, from when this board was known as "As You Wish". I would give my very life for any of them and that is NOT an exaggeration. They have been there in the darkest times of my life and in fact I'll be flying thousands of miles just to hang out for the weekend with some of those friends. Not to mention that those friends have contributed MORE to this board than you have ever known or even seen on here for that matter.

So I believe you, you do know the COMPANY of mine. They are all members of this board and have been for many many years. And I've seen people come and go, and I've seen people pout and cry about FP as well...over and over.

And Zero...I really believe you. I know you are apologetic for some of the things you said, and you hold your self accountable for it, and I commend you on your efforts to rectify that situation. Bravo sir...hopefully things can get worked out between you and FP.

Account Deactivated

ART ANDREWS said: View Post

It is sad to see that, as usual, this is actually an issue of personalities and not an issue of content as some would try to make it appear.

I disagree Art. I feel the content is an issue, the personalities don't help the matter.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I disagree Art. I feel the content is an issue, the personalities don't help the matter.
    Correct me if I am wrong on this. What you are saying is that if someone obtains a piece that they didn't create... they do X% of cleanup to the piece (leaving most of the original intact), and then offer the piece that they shouldn't be able to say that piece can't be copied? Am I correct that this is what you are saying and if so, are you sure about that?

If I am not correct please explain to me why you feel FP would have no claim whatsoever to the reworked helmet, no matter how much or how little work he did to it.

Can you think of any other instances where someone has a helmet they didn't make but had slightly modded and then recast in which you would surely NOT be ok happy if it were declared as not their work and therefore completely ok to recast? I sure can think of one and I think we would both agree on that issue so why is this situation different?

Account Deactivated

It isn't a matter of him recasting it and simply selling copies Wes. He took a copy, RETOOLED it by hand and eliminated imperfections and brought more accurate perspectives to it.
    You sure about that? What might have those imperfections been?
    I mean it was a 3-D digital scan, it doesn't get any more accurate than that does it? Even SpideyFett said this was true..

This is my issue Gilmore

The MR didnt have a wavy brow did it?

From
    The miserable mill

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    I can certainly understand this take from a particular POV, but Sgt Fang and Marrow Sun did exactly that with the Mystery helmet and no one batted and eye and members lined up to buy and buy and buy and if Fang or Sun had been recast,
    I feel that this is true to a point. But i've always had issues with it. The MS series has been retooled multiple times and major changes did occur and that deserves some credit. However, it's still not original and should never have been treated as so. Sgt. Fang ran the train on his mold, possibly even molding the original he had multiple times...but i never heard of any changes until last year where some things were touched up and corrected. I think most people gave into this gray area due to the lack of helmet makers anyway, and fangs bargain bucket pricing. The problem however is how inaccurate the thing really is for how people want to use it, as it's got prepro roots. I don't know how the rights were ever really taken for that. It baffles me. Why could anyone complain about fang helmets getting recasted when the thing didn't have any sign of modification. A clean cast might as well have been an original. No one is the good guy in that situation, but I wouldn't say no one batted an eye...you simply just can't stop anyone from buying it. You can only stop yourself.

Also, Chris DOES deserve a lot of credit for fixing up the helmet , but he then needs to sell it for what it is.

Think about stormrider and MOW who constantly had struggles on ebay with people recasting their stuff, modded or not. It's not about it being MR this time, it's about using something as a base...good intentions or not.

I think it's great that the work is being offered to the community, but post count, friends, whatever...everyone should be held to the same standards as the rules apply to all of us...even mods.

Account Deactivated

Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    The MR didnt have a wavy brow did it?
    Lets get one thing straight, I am referring to the proto\premium release, not the production\budget release.

This is straight from FP's post
    Has it been reworked? That is a matter of opinion.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Also, Chris DOES deserve a lot of credit for fixing up the helmet , but he then needs to sell it for what it is.
    In what way do you feel that it is not being sold as what it is, an MR modified by FP? Is there anyone who isn't aware that the base helmet is an MR? I think it has been pretty well documented and not refuted, so in what way do you feel it isn't being sold "for what it is"?

Think about stormrider and MOW who constantly had struggles on ebay with people recasting their stuff, modded or not. It's not about it being MR this time, it's about using something as a base...good intentions or not.
    So, similar to my question to Wes, is your assessment that anyone who casts up a piece they didn't sculpt from scratch is a bad guy and if that is your assessment... have you thought that through thoroughly?

I think it's great that the work is being offered to the community, but post count, friends, whatever...everyone should be held to the same standards as the rules apply to all of us...even mods.
    In what way do you feel that is not the case in this scenario? Can you give another similar scenario in which this was handled differently?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Boy, you know it has gotten bad when we have begun resorting to multi-quoting...