Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

  1. #1
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Sadly, I've run into a slight problem with BGHUNTER/Jinto
    I ordered a helmet commission from him, it was painted then got ruined by accident,
    He offered a replacement which was very fine with me. The commission was placed roughly 2
    Months ago, I asked for a WIP thread placed here so I could see how it went, he informed me
    Weeks later that he had some stuff to do with a show called "beauty and the geek" and would
    Be a little behind, again- I had no problem with that. I've asked for photo's plenty of times
    And have been promised them more than enough to expect a whole album of photo's.
    I understand that work can slow you down- but I'm very sure that after work there would
    Be ample time once every now and again to get at least 1 or 2 photo's...
    Last edited by Metadude; Jul 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Member Since
    Always
    From
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Any ideas on what I should do?
    He doesn't reply to emails for weeks

  4. #3
    Army's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    197

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I have delt with BGHunter/jinto before he is a good guy and I'm sure he hasn't ment to leave you out in the cold ( so to speak) I got a lid painted some time ago by a fellow member it took a few months for him to get it back to me though he did put up a WIP thread with pic's. I would say just give him a little more time with it. I'm sure with u posting this he will get back to u asap.


    Chris

  5. #4

    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Be patience,

    rushing the artist will affect the final work, i know he will deliver.

  6. #5
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I've dealt with him before, that's why I commissioned a paint job from him- the other times I dealt with him his replies were usually either instant or within a day or two, not weeks apart
    I know he'll deliver a quality piece, but it would be nice to have 'regular' contact

  7. #6
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I've been getting messages from other people in the same situation as I
    And the images I've been promised by him still haven't arrived

  8. #7
    welshwarrior123's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    From
    London, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    392

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Not to stir anything up as I dont know the guy, But I believe he has been banned on the RPF for failure to deliver an item.
    Hope you can sort this out mate,

    Welsh

  9. #8
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Yeah, been a whole week and a bit since his last email promising pics... it's starting to annoy me

  10. #9
    animefan's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Posts
    277

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I bought some molds off of him too, he had them in hand and all he had to do was ship them out which I paid for. Now it has been almost 2 months and he never shipped them out. He has ignored every email and pm since I payed him all my money. This guy has ripped us off, before I sent him the money he pmed me with in a hour of all my pms I had lots of questions. He made it sound all good but as soon as he got my money never head from him again. He should be permanently banned, unless he can make immediate reconciliation.

  11. #10
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    remember this Metadude?


    Metadude said: View Post
    As has been suggested above- he could be rather busy. He has other stuff to do outside of propmaking and maybe hasn't had time to read emails or physical letters unless they are bill related or job related

  12. #11
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Yes, but in an email a week and a bit ago he made it very clear he had all the time in the world

  13. #12
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I sent a message to one of BGHUNTER's relatives on facebook- hopefully that helps me and any other members waiting for stuff from him

  14. #13
    mandosoldier's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    755

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    remember this Metadude?
    I dunno 2 months without time to snap a few photos and hit send? I can do that on my phone in literally 5 minutes. Sounds kinda fishy esp after multiple emails promising photos asap. I'm not taking sides, it's just to me if you say you have photos emailed quickly, then regardless of anything except maybe the rapture, you need to ensure you take 5 minutes to do so, if you don't have the time why not say that instead of promising the photos?

  15. #14
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Edited for content...
    Last edited by Fett 4 Real; Jul 23, 2012 at 4:32 AM.

  16. #15

    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,792

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Metadude we speak every week on email , what are you talking about I dont respond I havnt responded to pms cos Ive not been on the forum but I email you once a week, for starters your helmet has been sent,
    it took 2 months for a fully painted helmet with interior workings, at a cost less that half of what I usually would charge,

    I should have know beter than to deal with you, how many helmet have I sold you and how many pieces have I given you out of the goodnes of my own heart cos I felft sorry for you, some of which you went on to actually sell,
    why would you send a measage to one of my family members that is stupid, you and I speak all the time more often than I do to most of my family, When saying Id do the helmet I went against my beter judgment as youve done many things to make me think I shouldnt deal with you , like another of these threads when I hadnt sent you some thing last time some thing which i actually gave you an you only paid the postage for I should have steared clear from you then , and as for pics, no you wanted me to start a thread not just send you pics I didnt want to start a thread 1 cos I dont have time 2 cos I dont come here much at all 3 cos Ive been away for work as you new this but I still managed to paint a full helmet for you whilst I had no time to do so
    I wrote a long response but its not worth it,

    And F4R It wasd noting like this woth Kurtyboy, Kurtyboy never purchassed a thing from me, we were booth looking for parts of the helmet interior wich we would both send each other, out of our own pockets , then pieces he purchassed online started turning at my place only to find out later that he purchassed them and wanted me to send them to him which I did at a cost to my self (how ever KB would have paid if
    f I asked (sending parts from Aus to the EU is very expensive hence why he sent them to me in the first place) I was late sending 1 camera for a few reasons, which did get sent to him,
    so no not the same at all
    Last edited by BGHunter; Jul 23, 2012 at 4:56 AM.

  17. #16

    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,792

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    animefan said: View Post
    I bought some molds off of him too, he had them in hand and all he had to do was ship them out which I paid for. Now it has been almost 2 months and he never shipped them out. He has ignored every email and pm since I payed him all my money. This guy has ripped us off, before I sent him the money he pmed me with in a hour of all my pms I had lots of questions. He made it sound all good but as soon as he got my money never head from him again. He should be permanently banned, unless he can make immediate reconciliation.
    Anime I understand were your coming from and I am sorry for the time its taken, And as I said in the email, Im going to add a Fiberglass Jango Fett helmet casting in with the mold to make up for my slackness
    how ever if I was to be banned and this was how TDH was run then lots of the makers here would be permantntly banned,
    In the time Ive been here Ive given MANY helmets and other props away for free, I even did a give away on the Karma thread for a helmet, and I felt bad for the others whos names wernt pulled out of the hat that I offered them all free helmets as well which a few of them took so Im not out to rip I just take on to much some times,
    Last edited by BGHunter; Jul 23, 2012 at 4:49 AM.

  18. #17
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I got you brother...I know what your getting at here...and completely understand,

  19. #18

    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,792

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Its my own fault , And yes I have to send Animes mold and I have a helmet here that I need to send away to another owner, once these are gone I will only do parts for my self its just to much hassle finding time for it all , with work and life and so on an considering the time that goes in to the work there is no profit in it your working at a los really so you do it for the love and if you dont love it any more then there is no point

  20. #19
    RobaFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Darwin River Northern Territory
    Posts
    304

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    I hear ya James, time is a killer, to find time to do the things you want to do is hard, Metadude you should be greatfull for freebies, that is generosity, I would be shocked to get something for free, I think patients should have been the case, I hope you fella's can work this out

  21. #20

    Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    James,

    The last message you sent to me was a month ago. You told me that the helmet was sent a week before that and it should arrive soon. Well a month has passed and the $100 I gave you for delivery has brought me nothing, not even a tracking number. I have been extrememly patient, the original delivery date for the lid was August 2011. Can you please let me know what is going on.

  22. #21

    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,792

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    Hey Skelatorious pm sent

  23. #22
    ThePhantom's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2011
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    263

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    BGHunter said: View Post
    Its my own fault , And yes I have to send Animes mold and I have a helmet here that I need to send away to another owner, once these are gone I will only do parts for my self its just to much hassle finding time for it all , with work and life and so on an considering the time that goes in to the work there is no profit in it your working at a los really so you do it for the love and if you dont love it any more then there is no point
    Sorry to hear this James I was hoping to get one of your helmets in the future.
    Thanks for all your help and all the bits and pieces I have got from you in the past. I have always found you great to deal with and very helpful with supplies and tips etc, sorry it has come to this. It will be a shame to loose an Aussie manufacturer/supplier of great helmets.

  24. #23
    Metadude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia
    Posts
    643

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    BGHunter said: View Post
    Metadude we speak every week on email , what are you talking about I dont respond I havnt responded to pms cos Ive not been on the forum but I email you once a week, for starters your helmet has been sent,
    it took 2 months for a fully painted helmet with interior workings, at a cost less that half of what I usually would charge,

    I should have know beter than to deal with you, how many helmet have I sold you and how many pieces have I given you out of the goodnes of my own heart cos I felft sorry for you, some of which you went on to actually sell,
    why would you send a measage to one of my family members that is stupid, you and I speak all the time more often than I do to most of my family, When saying Id do the helmet I went against my beter judgment as youve done many things to make me think I shouldnt deal with you , like another of these threads when I hadnt sent you some thing last time some thing which i actually gave you an you only paid the postage for I should have steared clear from you then , and as for pics, no you wanted me to start a thread not just send you pics I didnt want to start a thread 1 cos I dont have time 2 cos I dont come here much at all 3 cos Ive been away for work as you new this but I still managed to paint a full helmet for you whilst I had no time to do so I wrote a long response but its not worth it,
    Your last message was today, before that 11th July nearly two weeks, message before that 6th July, yep one week- message before that was the 15th of June. And yes, I acknowledge you've been VERY good to me in the past- I only started getting concerned when I started receiving emails from other members asking where you are. That's when I made this thread.

  25. #24
    mandosoldier's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    755

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    so it sounds like he was emailing every 2-3 weeks, that's not bad. especially if the maker has a lot of demands on his time.

  26. #25
    BobaFiend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Marietta, Ga
    Posts
    780

    Re: PROBLEM: BGHUNTER/Jinto

    With any online transaction, the important factor is establishing realistic expectations and trust.

    It's the responsibility of the vendor to clearly communicate what a customer can expect from them, give honest and realistic timeframes, and follow through with them. If the deadlines cannot be met it is important to communicate this to the customer and ensure that they can wait for the commission to be completed.

    It's the responsibility of the customer to establish these same premises with the vendor and ensure that they understand and agree to the terms of your transaction. If both know what to expect: ie weekly or bi-weekly updates are agreed upon and people are honest and keep up with the services they offer there should be no issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Anyone had contact with BGHunter (Jinto) recently?
    By kurtyboy in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2012, 5:18 AM
  2. Apology to BGHunter (jinto)
    By ShocKWavE in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 9, 2011, 6:55 AM
  3. Question: BGHUNTER
    By Metadude in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 24, 2011, 5:48 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •