Subscribe
  1. Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,585
    Feb 27, 2008, 2:54 AM - Pre Pro 3 #1

    Has anyone done this version?

    is it basically ESB Fett with RED & YELLOW gaunt, as seen on toy packaging?
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 3:05 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #2

    I've been planning on it. I just need more money
  3. Vable Boba's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    265
    Feb 27, 2008, 6:40 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #3

    I'm really not sure what PP3 is, but PP2 is the one you're thinking of I believe. The one on the toy package is PP2, and has those gauntlets, but rotj jet pack, rotj cape, esb braids, different colored jumpsuit, tighter fit, and the helmet is different from both movie versions, but more like the rotj.
  4. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Feb 27, 2008, 7:13 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #4

    And I think It has a ROTJ JetPack and Cape Style. But I haven't got good pictures to see the dents, belt, ...

  5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,215
    Feb 27, 2008, 8:58 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #5

    We have extremely limited ref of the PP3... the only real images coming from Chronicles. Here are a few to get you started.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pp3.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	23014  
  6. ItsThatGuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    Feb 27, 2008, 9:09 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #6

    So how did they go from red and yellow gauntlets to just green? Same with the jet pack - the PP pack looks like the ROTJ pack, and the ESB again...just mainly green.

    I'm not a boba expert...so don't be too harsh on me...
  7. Satxer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    838
    Feb 27, 2008, 9:13 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #7

    My guess...they didn't want him walking around looking like Bozo the Fett.

    They probably saw green as the main color and said, "well instead of mismatched gauntlets and a colorful jet pack, let's stick with green!"

    Most of the stuff on him looks very ESB. Minus the gauntlets, cape and jet pack.

    Oh, if you are doing this Sixx, be sure to get the accurate yellow tape on the right gauntlet!
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 10:35 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #8

    It's also sometimes seen with the "Eyes" helmet.
  9. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,215
    Feb 27, 2008, 10:51 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #9

    Quote Satxer said: View Post
    My guess...they didn't want him walking around looking like Bozo the Fett.

    They probably saw green as the main color and said, "well instead of mismatched gauntlets and a colorful jet pack, let's stick with green!"

    Most of the stuff on him looks very ESB. Minus the gauntlets, cape and jet pack.
    I think you are probably hitting pretty close to the truth. I think the all green look was a last minute decision. I base this on the jet pack more than anything else. All the prepro work shows the RotJ pack with heavy and very complex weathering... The final esb pack? Pretty much one color with very quick and dirty weathering that isn't detailed at all. Looks like a rush job at the last minute because someone changed their mind.
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 11:27 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #10

    Quote Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    We have extremely limited ref of the PP3... the only real images coming from Chronicles. Here are a few to get you started.
    The jet pack is mounted extremely high on him there!!
  11. Satxer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    838
    Feb 27, 2008, 12:42 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #11

    I think I mount mine almost that high. I thought it was accurate that height, the missile over the helmet a little bit if I recall right. Maybe I don't have mine that high.
  12. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 12:47 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #12

    Quote Satxer said: View Post
    I think I mount mine almost that high. I thought it was accurate that height, the missile over the helmet a little bit if I recall right. Maybe I don't have mine that high.
    Jet Pack in ESB sags a little big, not too sure about ROTJ.
  13. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,367
    Feb 27, 2008, 12:58 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #13

    Even dow the jet packs sags on the movies, i think none of us would like ours to be sagging. It's just looks to sloopy for my taste.

    I know were talking about Boba, but I like mine nice and high.

  14. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Feb 27, 2008, 1:00 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #14

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Jet Pack in ESB sags a little big, not too sure about ROTJ.
    that looks pretty rotj like to me, height-wise.
  15. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,215
    Feb 27, 2008, 1:01 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #15

    There have been so many people to don the suit that the pack is all over the place. You can pretty much put it whereever you want but I agree that high and tight looks best.
  16. Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,585
    Feb 27, 2008, 3:08 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #16

    Wow...lots to read, i may attempt this once my ESB is done. just a swapping a few thigs and presto another FETT.
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 3:17 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #17

    Quote Sixxgunn13 said: View Post
    Wow...lots to read, i may attempt this once my ESB is done. just a swapping a few thigs and presto another FETT.
    I've been considering ordering a few extra armour parts from FP so I could do this also. I'd need a new helmet too, since I plan to do the "eyes" Fett.
  18. Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,585
    Feb 27, 2008, 3:26 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #18

    Cool Andy!


    And i'd like to thank everyone who has added info... big thx to Brak's, I saw the pics off my V.1 ref disc. and thought wow, not many ppl talking about this one, maybe i'll do it!
  19. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 27, 2008, 3:30 PM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #19

    Quote Sixxgunn13 said: View Post
    Cool Andy!


    And i'd like to thank everyone who has added info... big thx to Brak's, I saw the pics off my V.1 ref disc. and thought wow, not many ppl talking about this one, maybe i'll do it!
    I have a nice collection of pictures at home, PM me your e-mail and I'll send them to you as soon as I get home from school.

    Andy
  20. Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,903
    Feb 28, 2008, 6:32 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #20

    This version but with the 'eyes' lid is my fav version. I am so tempted to change my SE now

    I know its the picture quality is strange, but i kinda like the way the lid and armour have a blue hue to them,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pp3.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	23029  
    Last edited by Ronin677; Feb 28, 2008 at 6:39 AM.
  21. Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,903
    Feb 28, 2008, 6:50 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #21

    found pics of the 'ears' lid (PP1 I think) and a pic of PP2. Someone please correct me if i am wrong as i get really confused by the different versions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	23030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Boba_Fett--1st_Preproduction_Prototype_Helmet.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	23031  
  22. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 28, 2008, 7:12 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #22

    I really do love this version...it's one of my favorites....it could almost be called an "ESB SE", like the ROTJ SE....

    As a painter, to me...this is one of the best shots of the ESB Right shoulder armor...


  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,215
    Feb 28, 2008, 8:01 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #23

    Quote Ronin677 said: View Post
    found pics of the 'ears' lid (PP1 I think) and a pic of PP2. Someone please correct me if i am wrong as i get really confused by the different versions
    The first pic is the PP2. The second one is the PP1 (Ears/Eyes) helmet. You guys do realize all of these pics and a whole lot more are available on the ref CD in high res scan, right?
  24. AFettFullofDollars's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,153
    Feb 28, 2008, 8:04 AM - Re: Pre Pro 3 #24

    Quote Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    I think you are probably hitting pretty close to the truth. I think the all green look was a last minute decision. I base this on the jet pack more than anything else. All the prepro work shows the RotJ pack with heavy and very complex weathering... The final esb pack? Pretty much one color with very quick and dirty weathering that isn't detailed at all. Looks like a rush job at the last minute because someone changed their mind.

    Or could it be that the blue on the JetPack matched too closely to the BlueScreen Blue they were using for compositing and had to be changed because it kept 'matte'ing out in test shots (kind of like the blue squares on R2-D2's head being changed to black for the x-wing bluescreen closeups). And after changing the JP color it looked a little 'odd' that the only different colored armor was his gauntlets, so they got changed to green also.