Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Dec 23, 2007, 9:23 AM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #51

Just wanted to get a post in here before this gets locked.

I actualy will agree, that I also beleive once you have a buyer, you should stick with that buyer, after you exchange addresses, I beleive that is as good as a handshake, and if you can't follow through with a deal, you need to PM the buyer/seller immediatly and explain the situation in detail, apologize, and then mabey even contact an Admin. to inform them of the sitituation just so they relise that if anything has happened/will happen, you would prefer to keep your PRIVATE MESSAGES private,etc. Also, they won't be suprised when a thread like this comes up,etc.

I also beleive there needs to be a feedback forum, I'm sorta actualy uncomfortable that there isn't one. I relise a seller might have one veiw, and the buyer another, but still, there isn't one way to inform the forum that a seller/buyer is fraud,etc. Don't know think that this would help other buyers/sellers judgement? Or, instead of leaving a negative feedback,etc. Positive deals could just leave a kudo,etc in a member's profile. So the more kudos a member has, the more reliable. Instead of having a "negative" feedback, the member would just have a number of positive ones.
    Dec 23, 2007, 10:12 AM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #52

Hi Jodo,

We did not close the deal. I merely replied to him letting him know that I will sell it to him and to give me his shipping address so I can get a quote for shipping. Then he PM'd me and asked to lower the price to compensate for the shipping fees and to declare a lesser value for the merchandise (lesser customs fees) and then he will pay in three installments. I did not accept his terms and I said to forget the deal and that there is another potential local buyer interested in it. I did not sell the armor to the local buyer nor am I entertaining any other offers for it as I took the merchandise off the Cargo Hold. Now, after that he publicized everything on this thread instead of negotiating some more in private.

And I don't know why he picked me to do this to, but I was not the only seller who did not accept his offer...is this other seller not as guilty as I am at least from Alfredo's perspective? Why am I being put on the chopping block here when all I did was try to be considerate and ignore my "no international shipping" rule in my ad to make someone else happy during the holidays? To me Alfredo was being ungrateful that I even considered his international offer to buy my merchandise.

And for what it's worth Alfredo...I am sorry and I apologize for what I did. I did not mean any dis-respect and I hope you can forgive me if I offended you in anyway.
    Last edited by TD2253; Dec 23, 2007 at 10:49 AM.
    Dec 23, 2007, 10:51 AM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #53

TD2253 said: View Post
    Hi Jodo,

We did not close the deal. I merely replied to him letting him know that I will sell it to him and to give me his shipping address so I can get a quote for shipping. Then he PM'd me and asked to lower the price to compensate for the shipping fees and to declare a lesser value for the merchandise (lesser customs fees) and then he will pay in three installments. I did not accept his terms and I said to forget the deal and that there is another potential local buyer interested in it. I did not sell the armor to the local buyer nor am I entertaining any other offers for it as I took the merchandise off the Cargo Hold. Now, after that he publicized everything on this thread instead of negotiating some more in private.

And I don't know why he picked me to do this to, but I was not the only one who did not accept his offer...is this other seller not as guilty as I am at least in Alfredo's perspective? Why am I being put on the chopping block here when all I did was try to be considerate and ignore my "no international shipping" rule in my ad to make someone else happy during the holidays? To me Alfredo was being ungrateful that I even considered his international offer to buy my merchandise.

And for what it's worth Alfredo...I am sorry and I apologize for what I did. I did not mean any dis-respect and I hope you can forgive me if I offended you in anyway.
    Not taken sides here, but
    I don't think he picked you in particular. From what I understand, it happened a few times to him, and I guess he made it public now, to make sort of a statement. It could have been anybody, it just happened that you at this point "refused to do a deal" which might have blown a fuse, that's why you kept getting mentioned.
    As far as the installment payments are concerned, i read it, as if he wanted to split the entire amount in 3 payments(made at the same time) so in case customs get's a hold of one package, he has 3 different "invoices" payments to show, and I guess that's what the question aimed at, as to how many boxes it would be shipped in, cause, if he'd make one payment to you for let's say 3 boxes, and customs are holding all 3 boxes, he would have one payment to show for 3 boxes, so customs will say where is the payment for the other 2 boxes? They are kinda stupid when it comes to that. In other words, if you'd pack 3 boxes, you could have given him 3 invoices for each box, so he (alfredo) would have no trouble getting the items through customs, and he (alfredo) would have to agree to pay for paypal that incurred for the extra payments, just my thought on your "particular deal."
    Dec 23, 2007, 11:47 AM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #54

Hi Volkerc,

I understand the installment payment after he (Alfredo) explained it halfway through this thread. There are too many conditions on his part and had he not made this public, maybe I could meet at least one of those conditions like lowering the price to compensate for shipping but declare the merchandise for less than it's value I could not do as if something happens even if I get insurance for it, it would not compensate for my loss as I declared less for it. Had something unfortunate like that happened, Alfredo's payment would have been refunded and it would've been my loss. It's a big risk for me you understand.
    Dec 23, 2007, 11:59 AM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #55

TD2253 said: View Post

It's a big risk for me you understand.
    Of course I understand, and you don't have to justify it. I just think that speaking in general there should be some improvement made to make trading safer, because as you mentioned there is risks involved, but for both parties in a transaction(unfortunately). Like I said before, maybe something good comes out of this.
    Dec 23, 2007, 12:35 PM - Re: PLEASE READ IT.... #56

well well well....

I said that i was not going to post again , but i have to do it for two reasons:

1.-"I am sorry and I apologize for what I did. I did not mean any dis-respect and I hope you can forgive me if I offended you in anyway." . And all i can say is thanks. And i wish i could have bought the costume as i wanted at the beginning.

2.- Just to make clear that the discount that i asked you in shipping was because you did include shipping in the USA for the same price that i was going to buy it, therefore i though that it was fair to lower the internatinal shipping cost to compensate (you were going to pay for it if i wasin the USA right?)

Thanks

Alfredo