Ouch my foot! :(

Ouch my foot! :(

Hey, so I was practicing my Muay Thai today and I had one of my friends hold the body shield for me. I was working on my left kicks up high. Well he must have been holding it awkwardly or bracing because his elbow was sticking out and when I kicked it my shin made contact with the pad but my foot hit his elbow. Its hurtin haha.

There is no discoloring, very minimal swelling... It only hurts when I twist my foot left and right, or when I walk. The pain seems to be centralized around the Cuniform/Cuboid area on top of my foot. I can press on it pretty good without any real pain, its only when I twist my foot and walk that there is pain. Think its just a bruise or sprain? bone bruise? I doubt it's a broken bone, but if there are any doctors in the house you would be able to tell me better! Thanks guys!!!

El1te

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

Re: Ouch my foot! :(

Bones cant bruise. just dont do any muay tai until the pain completely goes away. put some ice on it.

Well from what I researched, a bone that is close to a fracture but doesn't break is called a bruised bone. But yes, I'm taking it easy until it is better. I just wanted to know what people thought it was

El1te

From
    VIC, Australia

Since there's no swelling - get it x-ray'd, ultrasound or even MRI scanned.

My "...just sore back and tingling feet" was later diagnosed as bulged discs compressing the nerve.

Better to confirm its nothing now than to ignore the signs of something later

I woke up today and there still isn't any blues or purples of a bruise. Feels just about the same as last night.

El1te

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

Well what I mean is that the actual bone does not bruise up.

The name is bruised bone but the only way bruises happen is when capilaries burst. Kinda like internal bleeding but not as harsh.