Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Nov 5, 2008, 11:44 PM - Old school candy #1

Just wondered what other older candies everyone else use to love or hate that you dont see anymore.

Atomic Fireballs

One way to stop your kids from realizing the joys of eating candy is by scarring them for life with these.
    Nov 5, 2008, 11:54 PM - Re: Old school candy #2

OH, MY GOD! MEMORIES!!

I had a friend that we would buy him the giant barrel of those things and he'd eat them ALL completely gone the same night. Not only that but he couldn't bring himself to suck on any kind of hard candy because it would make him gag; he would always just chomp whatever it was the second he put it in his mouth.

I used to be addicted to the Lik-Em-Aid Fun Dips; three packets of flavored sugar and a white candy tongue depressor-type-thing you'd lick and then stick into the sugar. Then you ate the stick when the powder was all gone.
  3. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Nov 5, 2008, 11:59 PM - Re: Old school candy #3

ahh yes.. I remember those. I think I was 10 or younger. I always use to make a mess with the powder..

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    OH, MY GOD! MEMORIES!!

I had a friend that we would buy him the giant barrel of those things and he'd eat them ALL completely gone the same night. Not only that but he couldn't bring himself to suck on any kind of hard candy because it would make him gag; he would always just chomp whatever it was the second he put it in his mouth.

I used to be addicted to the Lik-Em-Aid Fun Dips; three packets of flavored sugar and a white candy tongue depressor-type-thing you'd lick and then stick into the sugar. Then you ate the stick when the powder was all gone.
    Nov 6, 2008, 5:46 AM - Re: Old school candy #4

If there's any old guys from the U.K. then you should remember these "SPANGLES"
    Boiled fruit flavoured sweets very popular in the 70's I think they all got melted down and mixed with vodka as the taste came back in the early 90's in the form of an alcoholic spirit called "Taboo".
    Nov 6, 2008, 7:36 AM - Re: Old school candy #5

Fun dips were great! Atomic Fireballs are still around, I loved those too.

I remember something called Tear Jerkers, the were gum balls a little bigger than the fireballs and were incredibly sour, especially the outside, but once you got through the sour the gum was actually pretty good.
    Nov 6, 2008, 7:54 AM - Re: Old school candy #6

Quote SinisterFett said: View Post
    If there's any old guys from the U.K. then you should remember these "SPANGLES"
    Boiled fruit flavoured sweets very popular in the 70's I think they all got melted down and mixed with vodka as the taste came back in the early 90's in the form of an alcoholic spirit called "Taboo".

Ahhhh the memories... and that Taboo mixed with Mirage...
    Nov 6, 2008, 8:11 AM - Re: Old school candy #7

Heck yeah man! How about this little gem, I would love to get ahold of some of this again!

Yum!
    Nov 6, 2008, 8:12 AM - Re: Old school candy #8

Man, Fun Dips were my favorite! I couldn't have cared less for the powder, but I would gobble that white candy stick down in nothing flat.

How about Mega Warheads? Anyone's childhood ruined by these?

Nov 6, 2008, 8:57 AM - Re: Old school candy #9

Dude I love American candy hahaha, we dont have that kinda stuff here.
  10. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Nov 6, 2008, 9:02 AM - Re: Old school candy #10

POP ROCKS!! Such fun, you can let them pop in your mouth, or chomp on them for an extra explosion. Put them in coke, the fun goes on.

I used to get these funny little carbonated flavored tablets when we were camping. It was a store close to the campground. You were supposed to put it in a cup of water, and it would make a fizzy drink. Sometime I would eat that like the pop rocks. Weird.....

My fav Halloween candy was the Sweet Tarts, the little round candies.... yum......

What a great thread!
    Nov 6, 2008, 9:03 AM - Re: Old school candy #11

i was going to say warheads.

also those dinosaur candy sticks that came in a box that looked like cigarettes.

those got banned pretty quick in the 90s
  12. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Nov 6, 2008, 9:11 AM - Re: Old school candy #12

Candy cigarettes, yes, the ones that had a powdered sugar that you could blow and it looked like smoke. And gum cigarettes. I enjoyed those, but I did not grow up to smoke.

Oh the good old dangerous days.........
    Last edited by LadySewforus; Nov 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM.
    Nov 6, 2008, 9:13 AM - Old school candy #13

I am away from their candies, but in ARGENTINA we have many candies, and that stranger they are the bags with surprises, these they had sweet of all type and also a small toy, this bought it to me my mom, something similar to the kinder egg, but in a small bag!!!!!
    Nov 6, 2008, 9:18 AM - Re: Old school candy #14

Warheads, fun-dips, and pop rocks for sure. Speaking of which, I'm HUNGRY for something sour....some warheads sound awsome right now. When I was a wee lad, myself and my best friend at the time actualy both had a shoe box FULL of warheads. Those two boxes were awsome.
  15. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:18 AM - Re: Old school candy #15

Good and Plenty. Those were my favorites at the movies, you rarely see them anymore.
  16. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:25 AM - Re: Old school candy #16

A few more

Lemonheads

WHo remembers dots!

I remember those candy cigarettes

And for my all time favorties...I nor did anyone I know ever know the name of these guys. They had a chewy center..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	candy.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	28980  
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:35 AM - Re: Old school candy #17

Man, loved those candy cigs and the chewy-centered strawberry candies.

How about rock candy? Kind of a mom-and-pop store favorite.
  18. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:38 AM - Re: Old school candy #18

ummm...
    ALL of the US candy already mentioned is still available.

Wacky Wafers is my fav & no longer being made
  19. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:40 AM - Re: Old school candy #19

Oh man!! I had rock candy once. But the mom and pop store that carried it called "Cheetos" stopped selling it. All the kids in middle school always bought it.

And you see what I mean...lol everyone calls them Strawberry Chewy center candies..lol I wonder if they even had a name..lol

salve1 - I wondered if some of it was still around.. I think most of us just don't see it anymore.
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:53 AM - Re: Old school candy #20

I used to play alot of Baseball and this was a staple of mine.

Last edited by Chucko; Nov 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM.
  21. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:54 AM - Re: Old school candy #21

no biggie
    I'm not much of a chocolate fan, so I eat all the "little kid candy"
    mrs.slave1pilot thinks it's funny
    Nov 6, 2008, 10:58 AM - Re: Old school candy #22

Quote 99centTaco said: View Post
    Oh man!! I had rock candy once. But the mom and pop store that carried it called "Cheetos" stopped selling it. All the kids in middle school always bought it.

And you see what I mean...lol everyone calls them Strawberry Chewy center candies..lol I wonder if they even had a name..lol

Yeah bro, I could hook you up with some rock candy, and probably the Strawberry Chewies, too. There's a place around here called the Mast General Store, and they carry a lot of old school candies in barrel-loads.
    Nov 6, 2008, 11:15 AM - Re: Old school candy #23

I liked the NERDS candy,,Two sided box so you could pick witch flavor you wanted,,and my all time fav from the early to mid 80's BONKERS little chewy morsoles of happiness,,hee hee,,man those were the days running home from school to watch VOLTRON,G.I. Joe,Transformers,M.A.S.K,,some one should do a flash back cartoon tread too,,ohhhh yeah good old ROLOS caramel goodness,,,man I'm getting old
    Last edited by XJPilot; Nov 6, 2008 at 11:21 AM.
  24. Nov 6, 2008, 11:19 AM - Re: Old school candy #24

Quote 99centTaco said: View Post
    Just wondered what other older candies everyone else use to love or hate that you dont see anymore.

Atomic Fireballs

One way to stop your kids from realizing the joys of eating candy is by scarring them for life with these.
    I see those all the time. I love those!
    Nov 6, 2008, 5:49 PM - Re: Old school candy #25

I also always loved Nerds, the fact that there were two flavors in each box got me each time. After I ate them, I'd play with boxes, the fact that the deffrent varieties were seperated just intrested me alot.

As far as rock candy goes...I've always hated it, and I still do. It just has no taste. Or all the kinds I've ever had haven't anyway.