Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Sep 12, 2002, 9:13 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #101

I'm working on a masters in technical writing, as well as working at the local history museum, where I spend much of my day online doing very little in the way of productivity. (Hey, they pay me for that, so why not?) A fun life.
  2. gh0stdevil
    Sep 13, 2002, 12:39 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #102

Fetthunter wrote:gh0st... are you related to gwizah_fett by any chance? I see an uncanny resemblance...
    No, and I believe I had the pic first.

-gh0stdevil
  3. gwizah_fett
    Sep 13, 2002, 3:09 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #103

yeah right! I obviously had it first Neener!!!

Hmm, very similar...

Here's where I got mine, http://www.amorphousmedia.net/clients/mrmonkey.jpg

Sep 13, 2002, 7:32 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #104

Im an Architectural Technician/3d Cad artist for a living.
    Heres some of my latest stuff.
    The originals are all photoquality images but MSN scales them down & reduces the quality making them look grainy.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwBpZXkbFiVjnMPR!wYVGFJBJzq2AxemHoPFm7k1MdauFEbiZ Ha*7MJomy02v4JJ7OjdDGltI2VT50KSSCjNhEsp*32sKCUDfea 96SfkmTYcy4c2BzIjEw/camera1-ariel-shot-copy-small.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQAAAHEcgmtjnMPR!wYVGNEBZkvjP!0b*ULkXgLGIQuEfsL8s YPNATLxPQtYrmfpxn!JI!yaPOsUKSTyhcAeBIzIrxPPoJY49XB uSyl2YHeTMCCWlAEusIy529DhGKmD/camera5-bus-topfloor-copy-small.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwD**4kW773vfISdpOyQOBGnNhFjOF3TZN5c2FP!cwzaFDGft iaAaTuJpD6PTMVPghVoWvnK!in7aIz7tUcFr0DMr6FqeFrb/hall-north-lights.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAVApEWmb*vfISdpOyQOE*KZjpXdpHTVONdU7T!F4D!5*8hZ aP6woQwiWJO!4m3wEXWkKpbNIvbWzufvdXmo8tF!!ncjovg/hall-south-lights.jpg[/img]

Nathan
    Sep 13, 2002, 7:54 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #105

Hey, Nathan! That's stunning!

Hmmm... I wonder what a jet pack would look like...

Sep 13, 2002, 5:38 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #106

By day I am self-employed as an Instructional Designer/Training Consultant. This is my second career. Before that I worked in Youth Ministry for a Presbyterian Church. I'll probably have a 3rd, 4th, and 5th careers...

By night, I am a Star Wars costumer and newly learned seamstress.

Sep 13, 2002, 5:48 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #107

church girl
    Sep 13, 2002, 6:45 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #108

i cannot believe i missed this!

i must be slipping in my old age.

at anyrate, i am a software engineer for a legal publishing company. it really is as boring as it sounds.

at night i keep the city of chicago safe by partying as much as possible.
    Sep 13, 2002, 7:57 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #109

SEEKER wrote:church girl
    Jango boy
  10. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 13, 2002, 8:02 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #110

I'm a graphic designer too (I had no idea there were so many on this board). I'm the lead designer for the IT dept of a large international law firm. [insert lawyer joke here]
    Sep 14, 2002, 1:58 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #111

I'm an Investigator for the District Attorney's Office. I was a Deputy Sheriff for over 18 years and don't plan on dieing yet. I was also a reserve for the Sheriff's Dept. Gil I would also strongly recommend to be come a reserve first. It will help you decide if you want to get into LE.
    Sep 14, 2002, 11:09 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #112

That Mr. Monkey picture is very obscure, and disturbing. It gives me the creeps. How about one of you guys make it go away? gwizah_fett joined the board five days before ghOstdevil, but I'll let those two scrap it out amongst themselves.
    Sep 15, 2002, 12:57 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #113

Monkey? I thought that was George Burns!
  14. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 15, 2002, 1:03 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #114

BF46 wrote: I would also strongly recommend to be come a reserve first. It will help you decide if you want to get into LE.
    How do you get info on this?
    Thanks
    TK-1889
    Sep 15, 2002, 12:13 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #115

Pantera,
    The way I found out about becoming a reserve is by contacting my local police department. Some departments have them and some dont. I would research different ones and find the one that has a program that has what you are looking for.

Mike
    Sep 15, 2002, 12:47 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #116

Pantera,
    He is right. Find an agency that you like and ask if you can do a ride along. If you like the guys (because your going to have to work with them) in the agency turn in an application. You will probably take so college coarse for becoming a reserve. Hope I've helped.
    Sep 15, 2002, 3:21 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #117

Look for one that will furnish most (if not all) of your equipment too. If you thought building Fett was expensive, wait until you tally up all the stuff (gun, vest, leather, etc.)it takes to properly uniform an officer. CHA-CHING!
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 15, 2002, 3:33 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #118

Thanks guys.I am thinking of becoming a Police officer but I'm not sure.I don't know if I could take the huge pay cut for one and my wife isn't too keen on the idea either.I will check into the reserve thing though.
    TK-1889
    Sep 17, 2002, 1:26 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #119

Presently unemployed and on unemployment for the first time in my life. It doesn't pay too great. Worked over 7 years at a health club that closed at the beginning of May.

Tabomabi wrote: Anyone here from southest Michigan?
    Yep. I live in Washington, MI.

GATOR FETT, I grew up walking distance to the Chrysler Tech Center. I know that area well.

DARTH WOLFE, when were you in the service? One of my good friends graduated with BUD/S class 216 a few years back. He currently lives a few minutes from me.
    Sep 17, 2002, 4:07 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #120

I joined the service in Dec. 1988 and got out in Dec 1995. I went through BUD/S in class 167 (winter class BRR!) and was at SEAL team 3 the whole time. Your friend wouldn't happen to be named Chris S. would he?
    Sep 17, 2002, 5:30 AM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #121

Nope, not Chris S. I'm sure he would have gone through BUD/S after 1995 anyway (I think it was 95-97, somewhere in there), so your path's probably never crossed. I was just interested. I respect you for lasting through what is reported to be the toughest training course in the US military and then your time on the Teams. That just might put you the closest to Boba in badass-ness on this board.
  22. Nov 22, 2002, 3:20 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #122

Currently an out-of-work actor (what's new?), but not a waiter yet, . ...I get by ok doing custom work for dioramists and many contract-type jobs involving building things. Worked for years as a cook in a "Continental" kitchen, and still poke around in my brother's restaurant for "gas money" sometimes . ...Did the bartender, nursery foreman, hazardous tree removal lumberjack, furniture delivery guy, ditch-digger, etc. thing too.
  23. The Dark Fett
    Nov 22, 2002, 3:40 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #123

By Day I work for the county maintenance department. Electrical, pluming, computers, all that fun stuff.
    By night, I am sometimes seen flying in my sleek aircraft, wearing my mysterious armor, as i search and seek individuals who have bounties on them. I come very reasonable, the only problem is here lately, my son has been asking me how to disentigrate people, it sometimes gets me sidetracked....But gotta love him cause well, he just looks too much like me, it sometimes scares me.
    Nov 22, 2002, 4:43 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #124

gwizah_fett wrote:

I guess calling myself an "arteest" sounds too pretentious.
    well... I'll be the pretentious one here

I'm a artist and foundryman. I sculpt but also do the occasional painting... What's sad is that I'm so much more appreciated for prop making than my personal art...

As for the foundry, I do just about verything but pouring the metal is the funest part!
    Nov 22, 2002, 5:27 PM - Re: what does everyone do for a living? #125

I'm a accounts payable clerk by day and a piano teacher by evening and late nights a zammer. I like greeblies My husband got me into this sw mess. And now I'm addicted. Just look at all my posts on the zam wesell forum. I just hope I don't become an unemployed pregnant zam anytime soon. LOL

How come I'm not surprised a lot of sw costumers are cops? I.e. 501 troopers at cII, I wouldn't be surprised if half of them were really cops/military.

My Dream jobs= working with John Williams by day for the next ep., and sculpting for ILM/whatever lucas company in the evening. Dream the impossible dream...hehe